Transformers News: Transformers War for  Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers

Monday, July 22nd, 2019 9:05PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,356

Thanks to a heads up from multiple Seibertronians, we have word that there now exists an outlet for Transformers fans worldwide to participate in and purchase the upcoming War for Cybertron Unicron figure.

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has added a new pre-order for the upcoming Unicron figure, who up until this point could only be purchased on Hasbro Pulse, and exclusively by fans in the United States and Canada. BigBadToyStore has placed the Pre-Order up at a price of $775, which is $200 greater than the pulse rate, and requires a non-refundable deposit of $155 when you place your pre-order.

A few important things to note here:

1) This Pre-Order is stated by BigBadToyStore to be primarily for those outside the US and Canada who want Unicron. The markup was something that we had expected for overseas buyers, but there is now a definitive place to order your Unicron.

3) This option is also open to US and Canada members as well, and may serve as a good option should you not have the capability to pay $575 down in just over a month.

Well, the Pre-Order is up and the race is on. Let us know if you placed your order in the comments section below!

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031032)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 22nd, 2019 @ 9:12pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:2) Should the crowd-funding goal not be reached, please note that THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED.

Well, at least there's that.

So, non-American and non-Canadian fans, are you going for it?
Sure, the mark-up is big and shipping/custom will be a bitsh, but at least, this is not Ebay.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031033)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 22nd, 2019 @ 9:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031034)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 22nd, 2019 @ 9:25pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:When I looked at the details of our beloved Chaos Bringer I couldn't find it. So what was the estimated weight? :VEHI:

19 pounds!
But my male cat, who is not fat, weight at 22 pounds.
So, how much more hollow that guy wanted Unicron to be again?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031037)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2019 @ 10:39pm CDT
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031038)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 22nd, 2019 @ 11:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The further advantage of going with this BBTS preorder is that the full amount (minus the $150 down payment) will not be charged until October 2021, so this gives people two whole years to save up the remaining $625+tax & shipping, instead of a mere month and a half to save up $575.

That's actually a really good point (even for domestic customers) but that 50% mark-up (spit balling) stings... but if you got an extra two years to stash away for it... then.... eh? (other than the principle of it all).

I backed on Haslab… but As much as I want it to go forward, I won't be too tore up over getting $600 in budget back... Diaclone Reboot has really be knocking it out of the park lately. (Also reminds me I should probably cancel that SS Leader Prime)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031047)
Posted by MagicDeath on July 23rd, 2019 @ 12:21am CDT
Will these pre-orders count towards the crowdfunding?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031053)
Posted by Emerje on July 23rd, 2019 @ 12:59am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:Will these pre-orders count towards the crowdfunding?

Sure, they still have to order them from the crowdfund after all. Yeah, there's a limit of 5 per person, but I'm sure Joel has no lack of staff he can ship them to and no lack of pre-paid debit cards to pay for them with.

Emerje
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031054)
Posted by unicron1200 on July 23rd, 2019 @ 1:03am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:Will these pre-orders count towards the crowdfunding?

I don't think we know for certain, but my guess is that BBTS will periodically inform Hasbro of the number of preorders they get, and it might influence the number shown on the HasLab page, but that might not be the case until they're certain it has met its goal. I hope the TakaraTomy mall shenanigans will add directly to the HasLab page, but I doubt that that is likely, leading me to believe they'll be communicating with Hasbro in a very similar fashion to BBTS in this regard. My main hope is that they're able to keep people updated on how far along it is.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031063)
Posted by PadForce on July 23rd, 2019 @ 3:10am CDT
At current backing rate it doesnt look like it's going to hit 8000.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031065)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2019 @ 3:47am CDT

Two years and change...
Damn.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031092)
Posted by o.supreme on July 23rd, 2019 @ 9:37am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:They are running the giant sized cookie monster at the same time which may also be hurting things compared to having one campaign on the go.

Umm...If it were another Star Wars crowdfund project, I might tend to agree since there might be some crossover there...But I really don't think there are many folks out there in crisis mode, trying to decide *IF I can only back one project would it be Cookie Monster or Unicron*

Just saying the people willing to fund Cookie Monster are probably not Transformers fans as well...Although I guess, in a way, Unicron is our own personal Cookie Monster. :lol:

Also WOW, that is a bold move by BBTS. I know they have to go a long way to CTA, but there are going to be a LOT of unhappy people if this project fails to meet its goal. If I were a non-US/Canada resident, I wouldn't risk it, unless of course $150 US is something you don't mind just throwing away....
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031096)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:04am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

The $150 isn't thrown away as if the project fails you get it back.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031098)
Posted by o.supreme on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:08am CDT
Then I guess it really isn't non-refundable... :???: Oh well....
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031099)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:10am CDT
You can't cancel your order to get your money back. It's only refunded if the product itself is cancelled.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031100)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:11am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Then I guess it really isn't non-refundable... :???: Oh well....

What it means is that cancelling your order will NOT give you a refund. Ever.
The only way you get your 150 back is if the project fails to be done.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031101)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:11am CDT

What it means is that cancelling your order will NOT give you a refund. Ever.
The only way you get your 150 back is if the project fails to be done.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031106)
Posted by o.supreme on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

What it means is that cancelling your order will NOT give you a refund. Ever.
The only way you get your 150 back is if the project fails to be done.

I mean, I guess that makes sense. It's just that, if *I* were going to go that route, there's no way I'd cancel my order anyway, so it seems superfluous.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031107)
Posted by william-james88 on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:40am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

What it means is that cancelling your order will NOT give you a refund. Ever.
The only way you get your 150 back is if the project fails to be done.

There's 2 years between ordering it and getting it, anything can happen in 2 years time.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031112)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:45am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

What it means is that cancelling your order will NOT give you a refund. Ever.
The only way you get your 150 back is if the project fails to be done.

It's just a general precaution, letting people know that, unlike their other preorders, the down payment for this one is absolutely non-refundable (unless the 8000 backers quota is not met).

While you, personally, would be dead set on not cancelling, others may not be so decisive. Or, suppose that someone chooses to preorder via BBTS, but then a couple weeks later something bad happens that would otherwise force that person to cancel their preorder and put that $150 towards a greater need, but in this case that $150 is non-refundable and said person just lost that money needed for the aforementioned emergency. In other words, BBTS is telling people to make absolute certainty that they can drop $150 on this preorder without any negative repercussions.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron up for Pre-Order at BigBadToyStore for International Buyers (2031121)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 23rd, 2019 @ 10:59am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Star wars fan base isn't as big as people think these days, they lost me at milli wotsits just before the new films that fail to do even half a decent job as the expanded universe (even the poor stuff of it) Star wars figures don't even sell at £3.75 anymore (our shops are full of them) which is the ideal price/similar to the 90's power of the force figures. Kind of wish the market had dropped out on transformers so that we could pay the old prices too :)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Prowl Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "ALPHA TRION, Cybertronian Sage: Transformers TCG Wave 3 1/48 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal The Shield Special Ops Jazz RTS Not Complete Preowned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Sideswipe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TRU Exclsv DOTM Cyberverse Evolution 4-Pack STARSCREAM / BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Walmart Exclusive Dark Of The Moon Action Figure DOTM NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG16 Slipstream" on EBAY