Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com

Transformers News: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com

Friday, July 26th, 2019 9:08AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Nathaniel Prime   Views: 11,480

Fellow Seibertronians! Yours truly has discovered something out of this world, with a new found discount on the extremely popular Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime! Thanks to Seibertron user Robin, we now have proof that the very own "Our worlds are in DANGER!" guy is being discounted to the new low price of $40.72! Those of you who passed on him earlier may now have a reason to find the four Cyber Planet keys with this guy. He can be ordered now from Walmart's online store.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

We recommend you use this image for price matching at Walmart (or any other retailer) to take advantage of it.

Will you be running to your retailers as fast as the Cybertron theme song now? Or will you still be passing on him. Let us know in the discussion below.
Credit(s): Walmart.com
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031690)
Posted by datguy86 on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:12am CDT
I'm fairly certain Walmart just charged my card for the 35 the anniversary series. We may see those soon.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031692)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT
The Siege leader Optimus is also on amazon for the same price.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031696)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:47am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

:-( :-( Ahhh...what could have been.... I truly do appreciate the pics though. (no sarcasm this time). Thank you ;)^ . This reminds me though. There's been some strange goings-on on the site of what was my closest local TRU. I pass by it every day on my home from work. But today I'm in no rush, I'll see if I can do a little *investigating*, If you don't see any posts from me on Monday, it's likely I'm in jail.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031699)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 26th, 2019 @ 10:03am CDT
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031700)
Posted by sol magnus on July 26th, 2019 @ 10:07am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:according to my local walmart, both the siege and studio series leader class figures are marked as discontinued and on clearance pricing. I find that particularly funny since that store has never received/stocked a single case of leaders of either line.

I've yet to see Galaxy Upgrade Prime in Baltimore, MD in any Walmart (or anywhere else, to be honest).
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031701)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 10:10am CDT

That's very odd. I'll have to check the Wal-Mart's near me, but it seems weird to discontinue a line that they'll still be carrying for several months and getting new product for :-?
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031705)
Posted by Ravage2031 on July 26th, 2019 @ 10:54am CDT
If you go instore the leader class is $35, just picked up Prime and shockwave
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031707)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2019 @ 11:01am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I'll have to check the Wal-Mart's near me, but it seems weird to discontinue a line that they'll still be carrying for several months and getting new product for :-?

It's not unprecedented...back when the lines were 18 months or 2 years they would clearance things out part way through to make room for newer waves. The only problem is, they would seemingly get a ton of repack waves as opposed to actual new product. Thus the change to a 12 month line, and a limitation on repack waves. Unfortunately...now we are kind of going into uncharted territory with Siege getting a 5th wave making it more of a 15 month line as opposed to a 12 month one, and pushing *Armageddon* (just calling it that for now until Hasbro makes an official announcement) off into spring of 2020, as opposed to Q1 2020.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031720)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2019 @ 11:58am CDT
Back in SDCC 2019, we almost saw all the rumoured reveals. Almost. One of the most tangible rumours left was of an upcoming Nightbird figure based on Siege Chromia. And, low and behold, we have our first image of this toy. It appeared on twitter where we see Siege Nightbird on top of her Generations Select type box.

We know this will be an exclusive of some sort, we just don't know where exactly yet. Also, since it is based on Chromia, it cannot be a combiner limb. So, what do you think? Is the Takara one (pictured below) better? Let us know!

Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031724)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:11pm CDT
I think I prefer the Chromia mold as Nightbird. She looks loads better than the Legends figure in my eyes too. I really like this, and this may confirm that the listings we had may in fact be genuine.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031727)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:22pm CDT
Despite the legends having a better alt and being more G1 like in robot mode, I think the Sieges ronot mode works really well for the figure and the colors do it justice. I have the legends figure so no no need for me to pick this up.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031730)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:24pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Thus the change to a 12 month line, and a limitation on repack waves. Unfortunately...now we are kind of going into uncharted territory with Siege getting a 5th wave making it more of a 15 month line as opposed to a 12 month one, and pushing *Armageddon* (just calling it that for now until Hasbro makes an official announcement) off into spring of 2020, as opposed to Q1 2020.

Actually, I think Siege will still end up being a 12 month line with Armageddon hitting in early to mid Q1 2020.

Think about how the end of TR and PotP went with the final wave having only 1 new figure and lining up with Christmas. In both of those cases, there really wasn't much new product on the shelves for the largest toy sales potion of the year. Both of those were of the 1 waver per quarter general format, but the reality was waves 2-4 for the calendar year kept creeping earlier and earlier leaving a void at the end of the year, that ended up needing to be filled by the next line's first wave showing up in November.

Now with a 5th wave, they have a wave they can time for the Christmas rush and not have to move up the next line into this year. At least that is my speculation on how/why Hasbro decided on a 5th wave.

I would imagine retailers would like this too. They would not have to change things over for a new line until they are also resetting the toy aisles after the Christmas rush.

Next year will really be the year to see if that works. Some of the reason that waves 2-4 have crept forward within the year was because wave 1 was hitting in November. This 5th wave could easily be a 1 time thing just to let them reset the timing of the waves and new line.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031738)
Posted by Stargrave on July 26th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
Chromia’s alt mode is super slick it doesn’t get enough love it’s like a female Blur looking car I love it but I bet it’s going to look soooo hot in black.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031741)
Posted by Black Hat on July 26th, 2019 @ 1:07pm CDT
Hmm. I'm not sure on that Nightbird, I might go for it as I have no desire for Chromia and I already have Legends Arcee. But I do think the LG version is perhaps a tiny bit better looking. That said, my headcanon that Nightbird is but one of many similar-looking ninjas (from the Yami no Tori ninja temple on the feudal world of Caminus, along with the Shadowhawks, AKA Energon Divebombs yes I do put too much thought into this sort of thing why do you ask) means there's scope for more than one Nightbird, even as someone that prefers her as a "normal" Transformer rather than a manmade robot.

I think my opinion will be decided on the accessories. If she has some cool ninja weapons I'm in for certain, if not I might be browsing Mandarake for an LG figure.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031743)
Posted by joevill on July 26th, 2019 @ 1:15pm CDT
Sad that she cannot combine but looks awesome!
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031744)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 26th, 2019 @ 1:27pm CDT
She looks alright, but I like the Legends version I already have.

They need to make another female TF mould. Seriously. Or even just tweak an older one they already have more substantially as the did for the first Chromia. All the female TFs don't need to share a mould.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031746)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
Well this is easily the best this mold has ever looked, and I've never had access to the Legends figure, so I'm getting this. Plus once I explained Nightbird to my girlfriend because of this, she's now very excited about her too, so there's that. I am curious what she'll have in terms of accessories though, as Chromia's buildable sniper rifle doesn't really fit for her.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031748)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 26th, 2019 @ 2:04pm CDT
I don't like Chromia but I do like the look of that Nightbird. Then again, it's difficult to make those colors look bad.

I know full well that Chromia is NOT the same mold as Moonracer but instead they share only the hips, thighs, wheels and basic design. That being said, I'd rather they have used the Moonracer mold again instead of Chromia. Even though they're two different molds, Chromia is held back far too much by following so closely to the Moonracer design. They didn't change enough of the design when making Chromia to make up for it not being able to combine. There's quite a bit more they could have done now that they changed the design to not combine yet not much else was changed. It's almost worse overall since there's nothing you can do with the backpack in robot mode. There's also no way to fan mode the alt mode like you can with Moonracer. Chromia looks better in alt mode and might be slightly better in robot mode but I'd rather have the options and the combining function.

I'll end up getting it even though I already have the LG version.
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031749)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on July 26th, 2019 @ 2:07pm CDT
Is there a reason why Nightbird always has to transform into a stupid car???
Re: Transformers WFC Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime Discounted on Walmart.com (2031750)
Posted by Flashwave on July 26th, 2019 @ 2:09pm CDT
Tough call, as much as I dislike the looks of that Chromia mold I think this is a more solid toy. But I think I too prefer the Legends toy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Hero Mashers Autobot Drift Figure. Hasbro. Shipping Included" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 G1 Transformers Autobot  WHEELIE  Nice Condition  Complete" on EBAY
Buy "1985 Hasbro Takara Transformers Original G1 Mixmaster Constructicon Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Advanced AD-11 DISPENSOR Takara MISB New Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "(P) TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC DELUXE AUTOBOT MIRAGE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Junkheap Battle Axe WEAPON ONLY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS~WAR FOR CYBERTRON~VOYAGER DECEPTICON MEGATRON~BRAND NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY