Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box

Transformers News: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 7:53PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 11,753

Thanks to Seibertron.com's own commander on deck Seibertron, we have some images showing an up close view of War for Cybertron Siege Springer's box revealing Wheeljack and an outline of what appears to be Sunstreaker! Given Wheeljack's previous losing spot in the fan vote which he shared with Spinister who is now confirmed to be on his way, can this old favorite be that far behind? One might assume he will be in the same deluxe size class as his vote-mate but with fans wondering how his G1 hover-van mode will be pulled off maybe they'll take the opportunity to pull off a few tricks in a Voyager scale. That's just one guess but tell us what you're thinking. This news was also shared with us by fellow Seibertronian Randomhero. Take a peruse and share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums.

Credit(s): Randomhero
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026432)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 27th, 2019 @ 7:54pm CDT
Wonder how big Astrotrain will be? Shockwave (Voyager) or Magnus Big?
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026435)
Posted by Skritz on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026436)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:03pm CDT
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026437)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:04pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I would rather Trailbreaker and Hoist gut their own mold.

Me too, it kind of works for trailbreaker but I want a hoist looking hoist. A diaclone black version of iron hide would be okay for me if they really wanted to squeeze another use from the mold.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026442)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
Spinister just got revealed so high chance that Wheeljack will be on WFC2 line. :CON:
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026443)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:16pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Here’s to hoping Wheeljack’s altmode will look like how he appeared in the first episode of the G1 cartoon.

I think that in Wheeljack's case that won't be happening. If it does it will involve shellforming shenanigans.

But I think Wheeljack might be more in line with his original transformation scheme (or that of the Generations toy), with Sunstreaker as a reshell.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026445)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:18pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I saw this digibash online and wondered if you guys would like it if this idea came to fruition
j1ps81txlx631.jpg

Not good enough for me. Trailbreaker AKA my favorite bot needs an original mold, but similarly sized to Ironhide. He needs to have size and presence.
Skritz wrote:Btw anyone a bit weirded out that Crosshairs has the cartoon/comics head and not his toy-accurate head when usually Hasbro tend more toward the toy designs. Maybe its because his regular head design was too much like Ironhide? :-?

i find it weird, but it is welcome. I may be one of 12 people in the world who liked Rebirth, so I am OK with cartoon faces for all from those episodes.
Cyberpath wrote:On the official Transformers Amazon store, Reflector is $30 while Brunt and the rest of the Deluxes are $20, what am I missing here?

Isn't it enough that we have to get three exact copies of the same action-figure in order to get the full character?

BTW, anyone got him yet? Any good?

I did! Got 2 of them last week in stores, still trying to get my 3rd.

They are really cool and really fun. As individuals they are great, but I really want to see the camera mode. That is the mode I plan to display them in and use for photos. (haha, puns).

I plan to focus on my new Siege guys next week and the week after for my deskbot shots and thoughts, I'm on the Beast high right now.
Skritz wrote:Is it wrong I'd totally want Siege Wheeljack to wield some bigass cyber-wrentch as a melee weapon to clobber Decepticons with? :lol:

I am with you. Wheeljack needs wrenches and such! and he needs a spare wrench so I can give it to Nautica!
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026446)
Posted by Skritz on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:19pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Yeah, this being the kind of line that tries to double as vaguely Earth mode-esque, Wheeljack will definitely remain a car. Maybe a much more cubic one with details that call back to his pilot episode altmode but there is no way we're getting that cubic hovercraft thing. Unfortunately.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026449)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:26pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:

Exactly. They could pull it off well enough with a Cybertronian robot mode, but because they're using his Earthly robot mode with its rounded windshield chest doing the boxy car mode would take shellforming.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026454)
Posted by Stargrave on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:31pm CDT
Thanks to site member JTPrime17 we have a heads up on some nice official images of the Transformers Autobot Alphastrike Counterforce! The images come from Twitter member tagoal. Nothing majorly new here but it is some nice crisp images of Covert Clone Sideswipe, Raindance and Grand Slam, and Trenchfoot.

And also via Robotkingdom.com we have some nice clean images of the package, this time without all that pesky glare. Robotkingdom has the item listed at $56.90 but is currently out of stock. They also list the item as was previously reported, the Cybertron Firestormer Pack.

Enjoy the images and share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forums!

Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026457)
Posted by Skritz on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:33pm CDT
I'd love to see some front/hood decal or moldings which reference the front of his Cybertronian mode, as well as a big square spoiler in the back to vaguely evoke his 'floating box mode' even as a car. Or just making him a very square car.

Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026460)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 27th, 2019 @ 8:35pm CDT
Those Alphastrike guys are gorgeous! Trenchshots colors are really sweet on him, and I am so excited to have a Slamdance. And Sideswipe will look great with some neon reprolabels
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026464)
Posted by Randomhero on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:26pm CDT
What the hell!!?!?

I posted about wheeljack four days ago on the siege thread and was told it’s old news and nothing new.

Guess it just matters who’s running the site on certain nights....
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026465)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:28pm CDT
Torn on the alpha strike set, sideswipe needs some paint on his unsightly red bits for alt mode and then it will be great figure. Then slamdance kind of detracts from the uniqueness of the duocons by just being a repaint of them. I like bots having rivals (rewind/eject etc) but seeing as they aren't the duocons rivals or have their own sculpt it does nothing for the cassette based characters.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026467)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:35pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:What the hell!!?!?

Guess it just matters who’s running the site on certain nights....

did you submit it to the news team? >:oP
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026468)
Posted by Randomhero on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:42pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:What the hell!!?!?

Guess it just matters who’s running the site on certain nights....

did you submit it to the news team? >:oP

Every Time I’ve done that in past I’ve never gotten a reply. I’ve even tweeted first sightings on the sites twitter no reply. Nothing.

Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Just found springer. So...Wheeljack is on the side of the box in the background art...that’s a thing

You didn't catch that? It was from the beginning.

Though, to be fair, I just discovered Sunstreaker on that art as well.

Right here, I said it days ago and was just shot down that is was old news.

I mean you guys live on here. I’ve seen people just post stuff on threads and it gets credited
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026469)
Posted by Stargrave on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:47pm CDT
Well that’s lame and I lost track of that amidst the news of the day. I’m just as responsible as anybody and I apologize. Nothings ever done to sleight anyone deliberately I promise you. Hey, I am truly sorry and I want to say we always appreciate any and all help with news. I think things do get mixed up as humans are apt to do.
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026470)
Posted by Stargrave on June 27th, 2019 @ 9:53pm CDT
To be clear I meant ‘lame’ in sympathy I totally feel your frustration and feel terrible about that. We always value everyone’s input here. I certainly do and if you were here I’d hope we could shake on it. ;)^
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026471)
Posted by Nickster563 on June 27th, 2019 @ 10:23pm CDT
912ed5e2b05becb25aa763382c0c37a1.jpg
Re: Transformers Wheeljack Teased on War for Cybertron Siege Springer Box (2026473)
Posted by Cobotron on June 27th, 2019 @ 10:58pm CDT
Nickster563 wrote:This isn't new at all, Wheeljacks been showing up in siege artwork ever since the optimus prime siege poster handed out last year...

And to make it more interesting, I'd wager that drawing of Wheeljack on the poster is the exact same file cut and pasted into a layer for the art on Springer"s box art.

Just like Dazzlestrike on Greenlight's packaging is the exact same art as Lionizer on his.

:lol: Ahhhhh! The wonderful cheats of digital painting!

Edit: Even the poor bot getting blasted on the Prime poster and the Springer box is the same drawing mirrored! :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs 1987" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Nitro Series, Barricade + Bumblebee IOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Dragonstorm Leader Premier Edition The Last Knight Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics TFSS Botcon NIGHT RACER SHAKAR Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise RID #2 Bumblebee Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 4" on EBAY
Buy "2017 McDonalds Transformers Robots In Disguise #4 Optimus Prime Mask Sealed 2" on EBAY