Transformers News: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 12:19AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,254

From Facebook profile for the Hong Kong toy shop Naughty Guy, we have an image taken from what looks to be the next issue of an action figure magazine (probably Figure King, but we will have full confirmation once the scans for it are available too), featuring some interesting Transformers crossover figures, using a range of molds from the past couple of years: Transformers X Street Fighter II!

The four figures shown in the image below are split into two two-pack VS sets: the first, with Deluxes, features Generation Arcee as Chun-Li (春麗 Chun-Ri) and Titan Returns Hot Rod as Ken Masters (ケン Ken, though the Titan Master is obscured by the watermark); the second has two triple-changers as Ryu (リュウ), using the Octane / Optimus Prime mold, and M. Bison (Vega in Japan, and in the writing on the image, ベガ Bega), which repurposes the Blitzwing mold for the main villain of the game and series. Check it out below, and let us know what you think of this bizarre combination, which may be a TakaraTomyMall from the looks of the blurb on the photo - but we'll keep you updated on that front!

Credit(s): Naughty Guy FB

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922911)
Posted by MaverickPrime on November 21st, 2017 @ 12:54am CST
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922913)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 21st, 2017 @ 1:09am CST
First of, good call on acknowledging Vega as the Japanese original name of M.Bison. ;)^ (As an aside, JP M.Bison is the US Balrog, and JP Balrog is US Vega. 8-} )

And wow, never would have seen that coming. This may be the first time Transformers was crossed with a video game franchise.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922918)
Posted by Blurrz on November 21st, 2017 @ 2:06am CST
This is unreal. Sign me up.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922921)
Posted by Deadput on November 21st, 2017 @ 3:38am CST
It's headmaster I'm obliged to buy them regardless.

These are really cool though and I could use Ken's headmaster as pretender Bumblebee from that bot con idea.

Any transformers we can repurpose them As? If not I'll just make them original characters with similar personalities and names to the Street fighter characters.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922925)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 21st, 2017 @ 5:16am CST
This is absurd and I LIKE IT
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922926)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2017 @ 5:49am CST

Almost makes me like the GI Joe SF figures that came out when the cruddy live action Street Fighter film did.

Also Ken being much smaller than Ryu makes no sense since they're almost always the same size usually being palette swaps and such. Bison fine as that voyager but Ryu should be a deluxe with Ken as they would team up to take down Bison. Ryu could be white Hot Rod so he and Ken are...the sHOTo-Rods... yes i'm lame.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922929)
Posted by ScottyP on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:03am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Rarely have I ever been so eager to click a link and then be disappointed with what I saw. I love Transformers. I love Street Fighter. I don't love crummy repaints of toys I already sold or didn't want certainly not at all in a badly thought out paint gimmick.

Hey, guess what? It's ok. Relax. Take some deep breaths or something.

These look like pointless, amazing fun. Here's hoping they don't involve insane campaign trickery to buy!
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922930)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:06am CST
ScottyP wrote:Hey, guess what? It's ok. Relax. Take some deep breaths or something.

Not gonna make it a big thing but that's not cool.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922931)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:06am CST
No Cammy? Boooooo

But seriously, these do look good.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922933)
Posted by Deliverence on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:12am CST
Deadput wrote:It's headmaster I'm obliged to buy them regardless.

Ryu's headmaster and color pallet looks like a close approximation to unicorn trilogy Jetfire (a split between Energon and Cybertron). Ken's color scheme is reminiscent of Armada Hot Shot's powered up mode. Bison is too obscured by the watermark for me to guess at. No clue on the Arcee repaint either.

Of course I need these just because it's such a screwball mashup!
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922934)
Posted by Emerje on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:15am CST
Definitely falls under the category of "things I didn't know I wanted". Sure it's cheesy, but they look like fun to me.

Now who else should them make? Some ideas:

Sagat - TR Astrotrain
Camy - TR Windblade
Sheng Long - TR Alpha Trion
Akuma - TR Tidal Wave
Vega (JP Balrog) - TR Wimdwipe (really just because of his sheild)
Balrog (JP M. Bison) - UW Nosecone (for HFG and drill fists)
Blanka - TR Wolfwire
Guile - TR Hardhead

Emerje
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922937)
Posted by dragons on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:23am CST
MaverickPrime wrote:I wonder how much of this idea originated from the Blitztron mold having such fitting boots for Bison, as well as being somewhat able to pull off a crossed arms position :lol:

He’s an ok looking figure bad look for repaint
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922938)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:28am CST
I want these. These look fun.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922940)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:42am CST
File this under "Things I never saw coming".

Chun-Li should have been TR Windblade instead of T30 Arcee.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922941)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 21st, 2017 @ 8:08am CST
Sabrblade wrote:File this under "Things I never saw coming".

Chun-Li should have been TR Windblade instead of T30 Arcee.

I think they went with Arcee because her Leia buns look similar to Chun Li's buns, plus Generations Arcee has the best gams.

and now I need one.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922942)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 21st, 2017 @ 8:10am CST
Let's not forget, G.I. Joe did the Street Fighter crossover first way back in the 90's
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922951)
Posted by itscramtastic on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:24am CST
Sweet. Merciful. Cats!!

TRANSFORMERSxSTREET FIGHTER!!!!!

I'm gonna pass on all of them, as I don't need them. But they sure are nifty!
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922952)
Posted by carytheone on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:25am CST
Paint me very intrigued. This could be a pricey and dangerous rabbit hole with such a large SF roster and the dagnabit vs 2 packs. Chun li and Bison are looking nice. Can't wait for better pics and the heartbreaking pre order prices.

Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922954)
Posted by Budder Prime on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:27am CST
Deadput wrote:It's headmaster I'm obliged to buy them regardless.

I'd say Ryu could easily be a Titans return version of Beast wars Polar Claw.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1922970)
Posted by TulioDude on November 21st, 2017 @ 10:12am CST
Chun Li and M.Bison look great!
Ryu and Ken might need more photos to judge.
Transformers products from AMAZON