Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 11:57PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,040

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via a notification from fellow Seibertronian Albatross250, we found the original source of a batch of original images for the recently revealed Transformers X Street Fighter II figures - and we didn't have to go far, as it's indeed via TakaraTomyMall! The listings show both sets as originally reported on our previous newspost here, including the same price of around 115 USD for the Bison (Vega in Japan, as we first pointed out) and Ryu set, and 76 USD for the Chun Li vs Ken set, but also include a whole lot more images, from the Titan Masters in both head and tiny robot mode, the various alt modes for all four figures, and some new added fight positions, including the Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Chun-Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku and Spinning Bird Kick, and if you squint with your imagination, Bison's Psycho Crusher, too.

In addition to all that, we also have another pre-order campaign goal, with a threshold of 3000 for the figure stands to be included with the sets. Images also included below, so take a look!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken[/center]

[center]Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken

Transformers News: Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken
Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923098)
Posted by Seibertron on November 21st, 2017 @ 11:58pm CST
Hm ... even odder is that Arcee is the Generations version and not the Titans Return version to go with the other figures. Hm.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923099)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:04am CST
So, Vega/Bison, now that you possess a giant tank/jet/robot body, are you going to use it to take over the world?
<!-- ia0 -->ded550355eab42a6b235188320cf28ae.gif<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923101)
Posted by Burn on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:09am CST
I never understood the big fascination with Street Fighter, probably because I was more of a Mortal Kombat guy.

That being said ... Chunli does look pretty impressive.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923102)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:09am CST
Now I need them to do Zangeef as Broadside so I can have him be like "QUICK, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!"
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923103)
Posted by william-james88 on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:13am CST
Seibertron wrote:Hm ... even odder is that Arcee is the Generations version and not the Titans Return version to go with the other figures. Hm.

I think its for those thighs (no joke)



Speaking of Chun-Li, that is the only toy I would have deduced was street fighter themed if these pics were presented to me without context. I would not have thought of that for the rest.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923105)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:18am CST
i think a transformers/mortal kombat crossover would be way better 8-)
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923106)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:23am CST
Va'al wrote:Via a notification from fellow Seibertronian Albatross250, we found the original source of a batch of original images for the recently revealed Transformers X Street Fighter II figures - and we didn't have to go far, as it's indeed via TakaraTomyMall! The listings show both sets as originally reported on our previous newspost here, including the same price of around 115 USD for the Bison (Vega in Japan, as we first pointed out) and Ryu set, and 76 USD for the Chun Li vs Ken set, but also include a whole lot more images, from the Titan Masters in both head and tiny robot mode, the various alt modes for all four figures, and some new added fight positions, including the Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Chun-Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku and Spinning Bird Kick, and if you squint with your imagination, Bison's Psycho Crusher, too.

In addition to all that, we also have another pre-order campaign goal, with a threshold of 3000 for the figure stands to be included with the sets. Images also included below, so take a look!
































i think they are cool but Chun-Li's legs would look better all blue though ;)^
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923107)
Posted by Throttlebotsrevenge on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:28am CST
I'm not gonna lie, but I'm going to take a hard pass on this. I'm not a big fan of Transformers tying in with other media.

I will say, though, that Arcee as Chun-Li works AMAZINGLY well.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923112)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:39am CST
Burn wrote:I never understood the big fascination with Street Fighter, probably because I was more of a Mortal Kombat guy.


I'm more into Killer Instinct and One Must Fall ;)

And someone knows his way around Street Fighter. Impressive!
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923113)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:43am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Hm ... even odder is that Arcee is the Generations version and not the Titans Return version to go with the other figures. Hm.

I think its for those thighs (no joke)



Speaking of Chun-Li, that is the only toy I would have deduced was street fighter themed if these pics were presented to me without context. I would not have thought of that for the rest.


I'm ok with this.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923115)
Posted by Burn on November 22nd, 2017 @ 12:53am CST
Ultra Markus wrote:i think a transformers/mortal kombat crossover would be way better 8-)

Hell yes!
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923122)
Posted by ricemazter on November 22nd, 2017 @ 1:42am CST
Throttlebotsrevenge wrote:I'm not gonna lie, but I'm going to take a hard pass on this. I'm not a big fan of Transformers tying in with other media.

I will say, though, that Arcee as Chun-Li works AMAZINGLY well.


Ditto on the pass. The idea is cute, and Arcee looks like Chun Li, but there's something really creepy about transformers using flesh tones the way they're doing it here. Like, the human colored faces and hands, combined with Technicolor everything else using a robot aesthetic gives it all a really uncanny valley effect.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923126)
Posted by Albatross250 on November 22nd, 2017 @ 2:59am CST
Now i can hope Balrog as a TR Alpha Trion redeco :x
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923142)
Posted by ebo716 on November 22nd, 2017 @ 7:29am CST
I might try and get that Ryu so I can use it as a generations version of Thunderclash
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923145)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2017 @ 7:43am CST
Minor nitpick on the labeling in this thread and each news story: The name of this line is "Street Fighter II X Transformers", not "Transformers X Street Fighter II".

Also, I'm surprised that they're using "Hot Rod" instead of "Hot Rodimus" since they are keeping "Convoy" over "Optimus Prime".
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923148)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 22nd, 2017 @ 7:49am CST
Both Ken and Chun Li's alt modes are pretty sweet too. Ryu and Bison, are okay, but Ken and Chun Li.. Sweet. I might need to get two of that pack just to display both ways.

I know it would be hard to make it work, but it would be cool if they added a head master to go with Chun Li, even if it can't be used on her, just so we could have a full set of them as well.

I'm ordering these if they end up on TF Source.


They went for Sale on TF Source, and I ordered them. :D
I'm wondering about making my own Chun Li Headmaster though. It would take a Headmaster RC Head, and then a new head for that one though...
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923224)
Posted by carytheone on November 22nd, 2017 @ 2:08pm CST
Burn wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:i think a transformers/mortal kombat crossover would be way better 8-)

Hell yes!
Nah, Tekken. The first one and then the blocky bots will look right at home :lol:
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923239)
Posted by Flashwave on November 22nd, 2017 @ 4:12pm CST
UK i think I find t most interesting that Takara is going to these stretch goals for reservations now. Doesthat mean something bigger? Or is this just them trying to entice early commitments?
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923240)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 22nd, 2017 @ 4:20pm CST
Flashwave wrote:UK i think I find t most interesting that Takara is going to these stretch goals for reservations now. Doesthat mean something bigger? Or is this just them trying to entice early commitments?



Probably early commitments. Based on the last one, it was only like a day after they hit the min for building the Grand Maximus that the ended the "early order" period and not allowing any real extra time to hit the Requirement for the Pretender shell.
Re: Transformers X Street Fighter II Figures Revealed: Ryu vs M. Bison, Chun-Li vs Ken (1923261)
Posted by Va'al on November 22nd, 2017 @ 8:12pm CST
With our fourth news story since the reveal just the other day, we have some online store listings for pre-order of the Transformers X Street Fighter II crossover sets from Takara Tomy, including Ryu vs M, Bison and Ken vs Chun-Li! Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter, these remold/recolored figures are exclusive to Takara Tomy Mall, but can be also pre-ordered via site sponsors below!

[quote]From Takara, a mash up for the ages, Street Fighters re-imagined as Transformers. This two pack features Chun-Li, who transforms from robot to cybertron car (Arcee) and Ken, who converts from robot to a sports cat (Hot Rod). Each robot includes a mini figure in the likeness of the characters that are drivers in robot mode and the heads in robot mode.

Chun-Li Transformer
Chun-Li mini figure
2 Blasters
2 Swords
Ken Transformer
Ken mini figure
2 Blasters[/quote]

[quote]From Takara, a mash up for the ages, Street Fighters re-imagined as Transformers. This two pack features Ryu, who transforms from robot to jet or oil rig (Convoy) and M. Bison, who converts from robot to a tank or jet (Megatron). Each robot includes a mini figure in the likeness of the characters that are drivers in robot mode and the heads in robot mode.

Ryu Transformer
Ryu mini figure
Sword
Blaster
M. Bison Transformer
M. Bison mini figure
Cannon [/quote]

TFSource: https://tfsource.com/japanese/street-fi ... nsformers/

BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Hi ... Brand=1971

RobotKingdom: http://www.robotkingdom.com/tfsfkenchunli.html | http://www.robotkingdom.com/tfsfryuvega.html

The Chosen Prime: http://www.thechosenprime.com/Street-Fighter_c_182.html

Ages Three and Up: http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transform ... s-m-bison/ | http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transform ... s-chun-li/
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Primal Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 55%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 37%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
You save: 33%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 24%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #190 - Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard
Twincast / Podcast #190:
"Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon