Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st!

Transformers News: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st!

Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 11:46PM CST

Categories: Site News, Transtopia, Contests
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 11,605

The holiday season is close upon us, and that means it's time again for Seibertron's yearly holiday photo challenge, Transformersmas! Last year was the first run of this challenge, and it was a lot of fun, with some great photos coming from the community. While it was pretty successful, there was a lot of room for improvement, so we've made some changes on how we're running the festivities this year! Let's give them a quick rundown so everyone is up to speed!

First, and most importantly, at the end of the challenge we'll be throwing up a compilation of all of your holiday photos on the front page for all to see, inspired by our regular creative roundups. This is our way of saying thank you for participating and contributing.

Secondly is the important addition of weekly photo prompts. Since it's a bit hard to come up with 25 individual photo ideas by yourself, we're going to add a prompt or theme for your photos. You by no means have to follow these prompts exactly all week long, but they're there for inspiration just in case you hit writer's...or, uh photographer's block! Here's the prompts we'll be using this year:

Starting Friday, December 1st through Thursday, December 7th: Winter Sports! Whether it's hockey, ice fishing, snowball fights, or even just snowman making, there are plenty of winter activities for your TFs to partake in! Post what you come up with through that week.

Starting Friday, December 8th through Thursday, December 14th: Holiday Movies! Everyone has a favorite holiday film, so recreate a few iconic scenes with your figures!

Starting Friday December 15th through Thursday, December 21st: Baking/Cooking! Share your robots making this year's Christmas dinner, baking that classic family recipe, or just making some Hot Cocoa on a cold day!

Starting Friday, December 22nd through Christmas Day, December 25: Holiday Traditions/Festivities! To Round out the final leg of our challenge, we'll focus on the holiday traditions we practice this time of year. If it's Hanging stockings above the fireplace, seeing Santa, lighting the Menorah, or reading "The Night Before Christmas", share your traditions with your TFs, and then share the results with us!

We'll post an update every week with the new week's theme, starting December 1st to kick things off, and we'll include some of our favorites from the previous week. (Even if your photo gets shared in the weekly posts, it will still get reposted in our final roundup)

The third and final change we're making is: Twitter! Transformersmas has taken twitter! If you share your photo on Twitter and tag Seibertron (@seibertroncom) or use the hashtag #transformersmas, not only will your photo be included in the final roundup and have a chance to be included in the weekly updates, but the official Seibertron account will retweet your submission to our followers over there, as well! Speaking of social media, carrying over from last year, you can also use the hashtag #transformersmas over on Instagram as well to be featured.

It's important to note that Transformersmas is not just limited to Christmas. Any winter holiday you celebrate is not only accepted, but encouraged!

We're confident these changes will make the challenge better, and we'll see some great photos from you, Seibertronians! Happy photographing, and happy holidays from Seibertron.com!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920539)
Posted by carytheone on November 8th, 2017 @ 5:37am CST
#transformersvus for the rest of us

#transformersvusfortherestofus [-(
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920545)
Posted by Kyleor on November 8th, 2017 @ 7:51am CST
carytheone wrote:#transformersvus for the rest of us

#transformersvusfortherestofus [-(

I want to see Transformers based/themed 'Feats of Strength'
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920634)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 8th, 2017 @ 4:46pm CST
Will the pictures be posted in this here thread, or another one?

I'll be participating for sure so please just point me in the right direction.
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920635)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 8th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Will the pictures be posted in this here thread, or another one?

I'll be participating for sure so please just point me in the right direction.

So all your entry photos should be posted here, as will all the Weekly updates/features, and the final round up! Glad to have you on board!
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920647)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 8th, 2017 @ 8:00pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:

I'll be participating for sure so please just point me in the right direction.

I'll keep watching this thread then. Once December hit, I hope we will see more than tumbleweeds.
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920736)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:33pm CST
Posting as a reminder to myself as well. I just hope we get some snow.

Does hunting count as a sport?
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920738)
Posted by carytheone on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:38pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Posting as a reminder to myself as well. I just hope we get some snow.

Does hunting count as a sport?
I'd say so
 :lol:
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920739)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:39pm CST

Does hunting count as a sport?

Sure, just keep it PG, I'd say.
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920740)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:40pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:

Does hunting count as a sport?

Sure, just keep it PG, I'd say.

I wasn't gonna throw my game in there, just maybe a picture of a bot with a shotgun and a beagle beside it for fun.

Someone gonna go huntin' wabbits!
Re: Transformersmas 2017: A 25 Day Holiday Photo Challenge Starting December 1st! (1920741)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 9th, 2017 @ 3:41pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:

Does hunting count as a sport?

Sure, just keep it PG, I'd say.

Someone gonna go huntin' wabbits!

Sounds fine!

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW TRANSFORMERS REVEAL THE SHIELD MEGATRON LEGENDS CLASS - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 48 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise *DRAGSTRIP & WILDBREAK* Crash Combiner Force - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 54 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Autobot Leader Dragon Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 1991 ACTION MASTERS BOMBSHELL EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS MUSIC LABEL MP3 PLAYER SOUNDWAVE BLUE FIGURE ES AQ1389 - Time Remaining: 4 days 35 minutes 14 seconds
TFSS LIFELINE & QUICKSLINGER Transformers Subscription Collectors Club BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 9 days 23 hours 51 minutes 14 seconds
SCI-FI Revoltech Series No.038 Transformers Bumblebee 125 mm PVC Figure Kaiyodo - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 54 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS BOX SET AUTOBOT - Time Remaining: 3 days 58 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent