Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics

Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics

Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 7:45am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 29,434

No, he does not look exactly like the thumbnail, that's 08 BB, but we do have some more prototype pictures to share of the alt mode, robot modes (protoform, and Earth mode), as well as, the 'comet' form-- the travel through the atmosphere shell form.

You can view the images here.

Like the idea of the Trans-scanning figures? Think it's a load of exhaust and leakin' lubricants?

Give us your thoughts by clicking the DISCUSS button, or the link below to add your thoughts!

Credit(s): The Allspark

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 7:47am CST

Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621097)
Posted by Jazzz on February 2nd, 2008 @ 9:25am CST
Car mode is nice.
Entry mode looks like crap(literally)
Robot mode is... :???:
Protoform mode looks more like a protoform from RiD to me. Not like the ones from the movie.
Neat concept, but I'll pass.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621132)
Posted by saberconvoy on February 2nd, 2008 @ 10:47am CST
The protoform does look like its a pre beast wars one as in the ones on the show like when you could hardly see megatron before they scaned and it also looks like it is set for RID but its a start.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621138)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 2nd, 2008 @ 10:54am CST
As I've been saying, I like the concept, but the figures need some work.

I'll get them to support the concept and hope that future figures get developed better.

Still, I'd love it if Hasbro would import some.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621143)
Posted by Agent 007 on February 2nd, 2008 @ 11:02am CST
Eww the alt mode looks good, but the robot mode is full of kibble :SICK:
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621148)
Posted by STngAR on February 2nd, 2008 @ 11:06am CST
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621150)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 2nd, 2008 @ 11:08am CST
That's about the gist of it.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621210)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 2nd, 2008 @ 12:04pm CST
I like what they're trying to do ... but Bumblebee? How many BBs do we need? Between all the recolors of the normal molds and the FAB toys, and Legends, and Ultimate BB hasn't everyone who wanted a BB gotten one already?
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621231)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 2nd, 2008 @ 12:16pm CST
Yeah, they should do Jazz instead :P

It's comon sense when doing something experimental to go with the most popular.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621267)
Posted by woosh on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:02pm CST
i still don't understand why they gave him the car-back parts instead of door wings...
a pass for me.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621277)
Posted by STngAR on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:15pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:That's about the gist of it.

Well than to quote you again "it's a load of exhaust and leakin' lubricants"
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621289)
Posted by woosh on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:24pm CST
stsausser wrote:correct me if I'm wrong, but is this just a robot skeleton you put different panels and pieces on?

It is.
I think everyone that posts a new thread about the transscanning figs should explain what this transcanning thing is all about.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621316)
Posted by Bombus distinguendus on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:50pm CST
i dont care what you haters say im buying this one.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621324)
Posted by Cascadia on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:56pm CST
It is nice concept but I think that I will pass on this one.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621348)
Posted by Rushie on February 2nd, 2008 @ 2:44pm CST
I'll get Prime and BB if they hit European retail, pretty slim change since Takara is doing these with no word from Hasbro yet. I'm not too sure about tracking them down online.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621360)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 2nd, 2008 @ 3:01pm CST
woosh wrote:

It is.

Sorry.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621379)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 2nd, 2008 @ 3:25pm CST
Good idea, poor execution.

If you want more information on these figures, don't tell the News Crew or members who simply want to share photos with the rest of us what to do. Use the site's Search function or Google and look up what you want to know. God forbid someone makes a topic about theoretic physics...
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621402)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on February 2nd, 2008 @ 3:51pm CST
I think I need to see the full color figure before making a judgement.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621410)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 2nd, 2008 @ 4:06pm CST
I dont like this one. The Prime one looked cool but Bumblebee looks horrible. I like the idea but they needed to work the car part in better to the bot form and the entry mode needs more work.
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621442)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on February 2nd, 2008 @ 5:03pm CST
I like the idea of these trans-scans, just wish they'd do some of the 'cons(Barricade, Brawl & Bonecrusher to be precise) as well as Jazz & Ironhide
Re: Trans-scanning Bumblebee Prototype Pics (621474)
Posted by woosh on February 2nd, 2008 @ 6:14pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Because in truth, we don't know! We are just going on pictures we have seen, ans some descriptions from awhile back... I don't read japanese, and not much English translated has been said about them.

Sorry.

No need to apologize.
Trans-scanning figures consist of:
-a protoform figure (both BB and OP share the same mold of the protoform)
-a car that you can disassemble into pieces and put the pieces wherever you like (i guess)

wow. imagine a half-bumblebee-half-optimus robot. :D

OP looks cool in his robot mode, but BB is just horrible.
-He has his headlights on his knees as well as on his chest. Odd.
-He doesn't have his famous doorwings.
-He totally doesn't look like bb, ascutally.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series ~ BUMBLEBEE MPM-7 ~ Takara-Tomy/Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Twinferno Action Figure" on EBAY