Transtopia art challenge November 2009
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 7:58am CSTCategories: Site News, Site Articles, Transtopia
Posted by: Dead Metal Views: 43,583
This is how it works:
A subject for the challenge is chosen and contestants will then have 14 days to submit their entries. The judges will have 7 days after submission to discuss via PM the three that they think deserve to be ranked 1. 2. 3. These will then be announced and highlighted at the end of the month. The winner will then pick the challenge subject for the next round.
Judges will be re-picked each month to prevent corruption, but former judges can re-apply if they want to. Simply apply by sending Dead Metal a PM.
To submit your entry simply post it as an attachment or with "img tags" in the corresponding thread by clicking here by 16.11.09 (US 11.16.2009).
This month's subject is:
Transformers comic art re-imagined: Transformers vs G.I.Joe edition
Yes Storm Shadow ROC, the winner of last month's challenge liked the subject of re-imagining comic art so much he wanted to do it again just this time specifically with Transformers vs G.I.Joe comics in mind and this time it is supposed to be a 3 panel sequence rather than just one.
Just submit your entry in this thread with the following rules.
The rules for this round:
* Pick 3 or more comic panels from any Transformers vs G.I.Joe comic.
* The panels must feature at least one Transformers and one G.I.Joe character.
* When uploading your work supply us with the comic title, issue number and page number you found the panel in and of course the panel in question.
* Entries must be at least inked, color is not needed.
* Supply speech bubbles and or text boxes containing the same text the original panel has to create the effect of it being an actual part of a comic.
* No direct copying of the original art--draw the panel in your own style and if you want to from a different angle or perspective--just use the original version as an inspiration or a script.
Entries that break any of the above mentioned rules will be disqualified.
For any questions regarding this challenge just submit them by clicking here.
Stay tuned for updates!
This article was last modified on Saturday, November 7th, 2009 1:45pm CST