Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron

Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron

Monday, February 13th, 2012 2:21am CST

Categories: Toy News, Transtopia
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 45,989

It's not every day that one can replicate a figure from scratch, let alone a Transformer that's a holy grail to many collectors. Generation One Unicron was never released back in the 90's when his character was most relevant, and to this day, many have simply come to terms with the other versions of Unicron released by Hasbro/Takara. However one customizer wasn't going to back down from a challenge, as Seibertron.com member calebzammit was able to recreate the behemoth from scratch. Check it out below!

Credit(s): Calebzammit

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346608)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 13th, 2012 @ 3:18am CST
OMMG. (Oh my Magilla Gorilla)

Awe. Some.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346625)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 13th, 2012 @ 6:06am CST
wow, that's pretty damn good as far as likeness and all to those photos from the prototype is concerned. but i'm so glad it never made it out to stores...i appreciate that they did try but damn that thing is hideous. (hideous cuz of the original design, not this guy's fault lol)

but wow, had no clue just how big it was meant to be.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346634)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 13th, 2012 @ 7:25am CST
.......I don't even know what to say.....wow? Really? This is a custom?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346675)
Posted by freetouch on February 13th, 2012 @ 9:58am CST
I'm going to just throw this out there.

You should shop this around to places like igear and the like. I would love to buy one of these, and I would think it may be too difficult for a one man crew that has to do everything by hand.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346694)
Posted by Rated X on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:38am CST
freetouch wrote:I'm going to just throw this out there.

My thoughts exactly. Let's get this thing into 3rd party production ! The Dino-cassettes were a huge success. If it comes out, I got $200 on it !!! CHMS where you at ???
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346700)
Posted by timcourtois on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:53am CST
You did a great job! Well done.

It does make me think of the *huge* difference in standards between today's Transformers and the G1 toys. Are the people who think the new Bruticus sucks the same people coming on here talking about how awesome this is? If the new Bruticus had been released in 1986, I would have shat myself because of its awesomeness.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346736)
Posted by Rated X on February 13th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CST
timcourtois wrote:You did a great job! Well done.

People think the "new Bruticus" sucks for reasons that didnt exist in 1986:

1. Cutting costs by making Onslaught a deluxe and compromising the look of the combiner. Would it have been that hard to make Onslaught a voyager so the limbs dont look so big ???

2. Wacky kid inspired colors on a figure that was supposed to pay homage to a G1 classic character. Either go G1 or G2 but dont mix em !!!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346742)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 13th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CST
Rated X wrote:
timcourtois wrote:You did a great job! Well done.

People think the "new Bruticus" sucks for reasons that didnt exist in 1986:

Also, this is a near EXACT repesentation of the original design. If Hasbro had pulled off an EXACT representation of the game design, there would still be thunderous applause echoing across the universe. But they did not. They fell horribly short. This guy, hit the nail so precisely on the head that it's hard to believe this is a custom. Good job vs bad job.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346770)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on February 13th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CST
Man, that thing is ugly, in the best possible way. Congratulations; via pictures I'd never be able to tell the difference between that and the original. Consider this another vote to submit it to some third party production companies for distribution :3
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346778)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 13th, 2012 @ 2:03pm CST
I too want to someday be able to buy this from a 3rd party, under the name "The Entity", "Ingestor", or "Universal Dominator".

They could repaint it into The Entity's original proposed colors to milk it too!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346817)
Posted by horus on February 13th, 2012 @ 2:58pm CST
Awesome work!!!

.. now do the Beast Wars Neo Unicron so i can send you my pay check for it :grin:

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1346999)
Posted by Calebzammit on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:02pm CST
I listed it on ebay, it will be hard to part with, but i must know what my work will be valued at.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0703181319
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1359988)
Posted by Jordy on March 19th, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
dude that is amazing, I honestly thought it WAS the original bot from the 80's I was thinking how did he get ahold of that bot and then reading about the work you have done to it it's like wow! :shock:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1956765)
Posted by Plasticpariah on April 29th, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
Hey I know this is a late reply, I've only just made an account here. Would you feel up to doing another one? I'd commission you for it. My bargaining posture isn't highly dubious I may add.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Generation One Unicron (1979211)
Posted by nimotae on August 18th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
That is amazing! Could you make another one and sell it to me or sell this one??? I can't afford the G1 Prototype! Obviously....

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Voyager Class Evasion Mode " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Kreo G1 Slipstrike Slipstream Kreon Micro Changers" on EBAY