Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus

Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus

Sunday, June 12th, 2011 6:53pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Transtopia, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 69,853

Featured in the first few pages of the 2010 IDW comic Last Stand of the Wreckers, Fortress Maximus is known to many as a behemoth of a Transformer. While easily handled by the tyrant Decepticon Overlord and then tortured to near insanity, the 'Warden' did not get much of a lifespan. Despite Fort Max's shortcomings in the comic, customizer GetRightRobot decided to recreate the LSOTW version of Fort Max in all of it's glory. Check it out below! For more details on the figure, check it out here!

Share your customs, fiction, and photos in our Transtopia forums!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): GetRightRobot

This article was last modified on Sunday, June 12th, 2011 6:54pm CDT

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238362)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2011 @ 7:05pm CDT
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238364)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 12th, 2011 @ 7:10pm CDT
Any reason you decided to make him so big?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238370)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 12th, 2011 @ 7:22pm CDT
That is simply amazing. Makes the original Fort Max look dull and boring. Very impressive work.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238377)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 12th, 2011 @ 7:33pm CDT
'Tis certainly a thing of beauty.

Thank you for sharing your labor intensive, and super-cool custom with us.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238380)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 12th, 2011 @ 7:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Fantastic job, GRR! :x :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: A couple of quick questions though; can he transform and what parts did you use? :???:

Thanks friend. Yes he and his minions transform. Max converts into rolling battle station, and city/fortress. I used a G1 Fortress Maximus as the base chassis and just went from there.

Here is a link to a video I made that covers alot, including the CAD designing work on the faces.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238389)
Posted by quickmixed on June 12th, 2011 @ 8:04pm CDT
This is incredible. I kept thinking "no way did he use a G1 Fort Max" and then when I saw that comparison shot with Overlord I was blown away. Really great work mate. I love the new face sculpt and the work on the shoulders really stands out too. Cant wait to see your next project.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238392)
Posted by _Anshin_ on June 12th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CDT
Freaking amazing. Fort Max was always an amazing toy for me when I was a child mainly because most it was almost as tall as I was when I first got it. I was not thrilled when they showed him as a pushover in LSOTW, but I understood they couldn't show him in his glory. As for this kitbash/model. My hat is off to you. This is such amazing work that I honestly still keep finding my mouth open in shock and awe. Good job. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238398)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 12th, 2011 @ 8:22pm CDT
epic
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238419)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 12th, 2011 @ 9:14pm CDT
Astounding work on an astounding figure that I honestly thought was perfection! you have taken this to a whole new level! you, good sir, need your own private wing in a museum!
quick question though.
I can mod new hands and guns and attachments and everything else like there's no tommaro, but, when it comes to painting? well, let's just say, G2 looked better than my paint jobs, and my jobs are scratchier than the american unicron trilogy's plotline! #-o (I know) any tips on what kinda paint to use? any type of lacker or solvent?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238429)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 12th, 2011 @ 9:48pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote::shock: Case and point? If you could manufacture these, they would sell like freakn hot cakes on the fourth of july!
quick question though.

Thankyou very much for the compliments! And I'm sure your paint jobs are not as bad as you think. As far as advice on paint, for brush and airbrush I really like Testors Model Master paints and Citadel (games workshop/warhammer) paints for bright colors. For enamels I usually mix down with a little thinner, but I think prep work is the key. A scotch bright pad does wonder to helping paint stick. An airbrush is great tool too, but a cost effective alternative is rattle can. Krylon has a line of spray paints called Fusion. They are designed for plastic applications and I have had very satisfying results with them. If you can isolate a part and spray it, do it, spray is always smoother than brush. Honestly, check out www.procustomizers.com There are FAR MORE talented people there that help get you where you want to be with paint. Hope that helps.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238439)
Posted by Cooter on June 12th, 2011 @ 10:10pm CDT
Wow is an understatement, this is amazing beyond amazing. Now if only too upgrade a G1 Scorponok... :-?
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238469)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 12th, 2011 @ 11:26pm CDT
The neck is the only part that bugs me a bit but as for the rest...fan-f***ing-tastic!!!! I never in a million years would have had the stones to mod a G1 Fort Max unless I happened to have a spare one lying around (which I'm guessing and hoping is what happened in your case) just because of the price tag involved with this figure. You have done a phenomenal job! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238474)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 12th, 2011 @ 11:37pm CDT
Holy sh*t! :shock:
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238492)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:48am CDT
Oh man. This custom Fortress Maximus is awesome!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238526)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 13th, 2011 @ 3:58am CDT
man i just crapped my pants. that is awesome.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238536)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 13th, 2011 @ 5:04am CDT
o.O...Nice custom but I dont like the character >.>...To me he just seems plain silly. Dont ask me why...I dont wanna waste time talking about a bad character...
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238541)
Posted by prowl123 on June 13th, 2011 @ 5:41am CDT
=P~
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238558)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 13th, 2011 @ 7:21am CDT
Burn wrote:**** me ... :shock:

Understatement...

Holy crap that is incredible!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238564)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on June 13th, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
Truly amazing stuff! I especially like the pic of the Custom Max next to the original. All of the gimmicks and action features preserved plus the added poseablity and stability. Great work!

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Last Stand Of The Wreckers Fortress Maximus (1238609)
Posted by flatrock505 on June 13th, 2011 @ 10:05am CDT
OOHHH SH**!!! :KREMZEEK:
I have been watching Siebertron.com for years to get my toy news. I have never registered to be a member. I simply had to when I seen this awesome achievement.

Please tell me if you would be willing to sell him?!?!?!?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015  Strongarm Ultrabee Component" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise (RID) Deluxe Class WHEELJACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Bumblebee Complete" on EBAY
Buy "METEORFIRE Transformers Cyberverse Battle Call Trooper 5.5" Figure Meteor Fire" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction strafe good condition comes as is" on EBAY