TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons?

TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons?

Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 9:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 19,114

We reported earlier that Toys R Us Canada will be seeing some G1 reissues sometime in the fall. TFW2005's member ChErikS, who is affiliated with TRU, has announced that it will be Perceptor and the Insecticons who will be seeing a reissue in September.

We will keep you up to date on the info as it is made available.

Credit(s): ChErikS of TFW2005

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 9:53pm CDT

Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927704)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on May 27th, 2009 @ 9:52pm CDT
Aww they better drop those here in the states too! I will buy 2 of each. Right on.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927705)
Posted by Crosscheck on May 27th, 2009 @ 9:53pm CDT
Sweet, I really want a set of Insecticons. I will definitely be picking these up.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927706)
Posted by Hyper-Chicken on May 27th, 2009 @ 9:54pm CDT
I was just about to post this. Awesome news. I've always wanted a Perceptor. I picked up a set of Insecticons a couple months ago on Ebay pretty cheap. The joints were a little loose, two of the three were missing guns and two were missing wings or mandbiles but otherwise in good condition for G1. So I will defintely be picking up a new set.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927712)
Posted by guardianprime on May 27th, 2009 @ 10:15pm CDT
TOTAL SWEETNESS

i have friends who would kill for these. and i shall probably be picking up a set of each for myself! (i just today realized that my collection needs more purple!)

they better drop these states-side or i'm going to be dragged on a road trip!!!
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927713)
Posted by Blurrz on May 27th, 2009 @ 10:16pm CDT
Oh Canada... good to see these two as reissues!
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927717)
Posted by typh0id on May 27th, 2009 @ 10:28pm CDT
Oh MAN I hope these land in the US...I want those insecticons!
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927726)
Posted by travicon on May 27th, 2009 @ 10:50pm CDT
f*** yeah!
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927730)
Posted by WolfDawg on May 27th, 2009 @ 10:58pm CDT
I've always wanted a set of Insecticons! This is great news. I guess I'll probably pick Perceptor up too though.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927736)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 27th, 2009 @ 11:39pm CDT
If hasbros smart they'll release them in more places. If they come to the states im getting them. Keep the insecticons in the box since i have them already and i always wanted Perceptor.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927738)
Posted by nemesis-prime on May 27th, 2009 @ 11:40pm CDT
i have a g1 perceptore complete w/ box so i'll just get the insecticons off the net
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927740)
Posted by Powersa on May 27th, 2009 @ 11:52pm CDT
That's wild.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927744)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 28th, 2009 @ 12:27am CDT
I certainly don't want to seem like a wet blanket here, I mean this is cool and all (I'm really digging Preceptor more after his sniper stunt in AHM and would love to see a properly done Classics/Universe version) the Insecticons have always rocked, but I guess I just got so caught up in all of the cool speculation that we did and so many great ideas came out that this kind of let the wind out of the sails a bit. It had always been my hope, especially after the way stuff was designed throughout Beast Wars, that I would someday see the Insecticons redone for the Universe series. The originals were okay but the figures themselves just lost my interest after seeing how much more could be done. It's probably just me. I'm just so fed up with Hasbro at this point that I doubt anything they do, new or re-issued, is going to raise my interest.

I'll at least say that I'm happy that the rest of you are happy so you folks go out there and enjoy something awsome for me. Hell, enjoy it twice just to rub my nose in it. That'd be cool with me. :D :APPLAUSE:
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927763)
Posted by capellamusic on May 28th, 2009 @ 1:37am CDT
OMG, Perceptor? Did you say Perceptor? I want that one so much! :D Fortunately I already have the insecticons Takara TFC reissue, so I only need Perceptor. In a good way I really hope they go out of stock and be a success, so that Hasbro will be encouraged to reissue more G1 toys, especially non-reissued ones! Man, I'll disassemble my few KOs and eat them piece by piece if they reissue them :P .

Anyway, does anyone know if this will be released in european Toys'R'Us? I hope I'll be able to buy directly in Portugal. Were the old TRU Commemorative Series released worldwide?
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927770)
Posted by Elvaan on May 28th, 2009 @ 2:27am CDT
Oh. Hell. Yes.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927772)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 28th, 2009 @ 3:09am CDT
This is good news. I have always wanted G1 Perceptor. I have a set of insecticons but the chrome was going yellow so I re-painted those parts with an aluminium effect paint which gave them a more metallic look which I like but it will be nice to have pristine set to go with them.

I hope they are available in Europe.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927775)
Posted by mattyc1007 on May 28th, 2009 @ 3:43am CDT
So many people happy out Perceptor and the inseticons?

I didnt know people loved the insecticons that much to have em back, but I do say I was looking at getting one of em off ebay, a few years back, the one with the face like rumble in cartoon.

Perceptor is nice, I dont have many G1s, but aside from Inferno and Hound who im looking for mainly, this guy may be added to the hunting list :-?

Nice to see everyone happy for once, with the recent downers about the movie line its nice to see everyone excited again apart from one or two, As I'll wait a few years for mine, those of you wanting them, Gotta Catch em All! :mrgreen:

Happy Hunting Guys!
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927784)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 28th, 2009 @ 6:04am CDT
Wish they'd include the energon cubes.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927795)
Posted by SJ21 on May 28th, 2009 @ 6:47am CDT
I will be buying both of these sets as soon as I see them.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927819)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 28th, 2009 @ 8:24am CDT
I hope they come out in the U.S. too, but if they don't I might have to try to get them on eBay.
Re: TRU G1 Reissues: Perceptor and Insecticons? (927845)
Posted by CrabHeart on May 28th, 2009 @ 9:30am CDT
WHO WANTS TO BE MY NEW CANADIAN BUDDIE?!?!?!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Class Siege: War For Cybertron Starscream Action Figure MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Sideswipe Generations War For Cybertron complete G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Set of 2 Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Ironhide Chromia Deluxe Class MISB" on EBAY