Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More!

Transformers News: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More!

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 1:36PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 48,862

Seibertron.com member horus was able to acquire the upcoming Reveal the Shield Turbo Tracks figure and has found a convincing alternate transformation for the upcoming Wheeljack figure.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

horus's photos also show Tracks' "Flying Car Mode", as well as several 3mm attachment points for accessories.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Credit(s): horus

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134629)
Posted by Valandar on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:47pm CDT

And I would MUCH rather have an original mold Gen Wheeljack than see this retooled as Wheeljack. The "wings", for one, are all wrong.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134630)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
I already wanted this toy thinking he had NO flying car mode, now that I am wrong I am excited again, even if it is a less cool flying car mode thgan the G1 toy. The only thing that could make me more excited for this toy would be to see Takara's version with a more G1 Homagey Hood flame emblem.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134631)
Posted by It Is Him on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:I wonder how the "Tracks side" knee plates will effect Wheeljack's pose ability?

I wonder how long I have to wait before seeing Wheeljack at retail?
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134633)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:54pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:

I wonder how long I have to wait before seeing Wheeljack at retail?

LOL... :lol:
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134634)
Posted by horus on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:54pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Nice.. Where did you get him
How much did he cost
I want one

:D

More then I should have paid, on ebay and unless you're a Tracks addict, you better wait for the official release lol, bloody scalpers!

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Feel free to advise me on free image hosting :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134635)
Posted by Ravenous Nightwind on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:55pm CDT
I knew there was gonna be a way you could do it!!! It would be stupid if you couldn't since the wings are on there.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134638)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:58pm CDT
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134639)
Posted by Ravenous Nightwind on October 12th, 2010 @ 2:00pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Meh. Those "wings" don't look like wings, and the "alternate transformation" just looks like the pelvis/legs are turned 180 degrees. It still looks like a disappointing mold to me.
At least its similar to the original look even if its not the same. That's all we can really ask for.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134645)
Posted by Straken on October 12th, 2010 @ 2:13pm CDT
Valandar wrote:Whoever said that Gen Wheeljack WOULD be remolded from Tracks? I have never seen ANYTHING official to that effect, it's just a fan dream as far as I know.

Err the Tracks toy description from Transformers United ;)

and i quote:
UN13 TF UNITED AUTOBOT TRUCKS (Tracks)
Item No. 396833
JRP (Yen): 2,300
Tentative Launch: 29-Jan-11
Rating: 8
Comments: Wheeljack repaint, but still one of fans favorites

So yea,your right,Wheeljack isn't a remold of Tracks,its the other way round!lol

Happy now :twisted:
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134648)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 12th, 2010 @ 2:19pm CDT
While the flying car mode isn't exactly optimal, it's good enough for me! Alternators Tracks didn't even have that mode, and I still love that version.

As far as Hasbro using the same mold with tweaks for different characters, I'm totally for it if it gets us more of the characters we want. you have to admit, it's pretty ingenious too.

For Wheeljack, I think the mold is pretty much spot on. It might have even been designed more with him in mind, as someone else also speculated. As long as they get his head mold and paint job right, he'll be absolutely perfect. A spoiler would be nice too, but not necessary, since it looks like it'll get in the way of some of the gimmicks.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134653)
Posted by horus on October 12th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CDT
Uploaded a few more on Photobucket, better bandwidth then imageshack...

Flight mode, wheels turned down:
Image Image Image

Size comparison:
Image Image

Knees... it needs remolding on the grey painted part (Kneecap needs to take a walk) in order to bend the right way in Wheeljack mode cause no matter how you twist and turn and unscrew, those Tracks kneepads don't allow for the leg to bend the other way:
Image Image

Sorry for the dark photos, it's 9pm here and I only have iPhone4 to work with
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134683)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on October 12th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CDT
I well called that... :-B

Dai_Ceefax wrote: Just guessing, but, could his doors possibly be opened out and rotated in vehicle mode to allow the wings to be extended? Although, I guess Red Leader would've found that...

Still, I reckon there's a chance.

Here's hoping!

Thought it might look better though ;)
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134688)
Posted by Nemesis251 on October 12th, 2010 @ 3:22pm CDT
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134689)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 12th, 2010 @ 3:24pm CDT
Nemesis251 wrote:I don't know....I'm not to happy with this one. Tracks was one of my favorites from G1.

He was one of my favourites as well. What, specifically, is upsetting you?
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134695)
Posted by DTR69 on October 12th, 2010 @ 3:46pm CDT
I like that other robot mode better, but not feeling the flying car at all. I'm pretty disapointed with alot of the revamped g1 characters with car alt modes. The seekers are spot on, megatron is kool but Galavatron is a let down. Takara manged to make a WST of the BT Mazda RX8 mold. Still at least we're ae still treated to a good line and G1 still breathes life into the franchise from Masterpiece figures right down to the small legends figures.
When are we gonna get a new city former, we've had everything else, I want to see them attempt some big figures, a Metroplex remake would be great.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134704)
Posted by Nemesis251 on October 12th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:

He was one of my favourites as well. What, specifically, is upsetting you?

The whole figure. I'm glad that the big wigs are trying to make us G1 fans happy, but it appears that they just made a toy and named it Tracks. I wish they would have put more into him like what was done with the Classics/Henkei line. Most of those when I look them give me the feeling I got when I watched the cartoon as a kid. I'm all for updating but to me Tracks was/is a fail.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134705)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 12th, 2010 @ 4:18pm CDT
Nemesis251 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

He was one of my favourites as well. What, specifically, is upsetting you?

You really didn't answer my question... what specifically is wrong with it?
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134709)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on October 12th, 2010 @ 4:28pm CDT
Well, I'm convinced now. I'll definitely accept this as a Wheeljack. I just hope that his alt mode comes with his spoiler. It's looking good so far. Thanks for the pics!
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134714)
Posted by Nemesis251 on October 12th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Nemesis251 wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

He was one of my favourites as well. What, specifically, is upsetting you?

The whole figure. I'm glad that the big wigs are trying to make us G1 fans happy, but it appears that they just made a toy and named it Tracks. I wish they would have put more into him like what was done with the Classics/Henkei line. Most of those when I look at them give me the feeling I got when I watched the cartoon as a kid. I'm all for updating but to me Tracks was/is a fail.

You really didn't answer my question... what specifically is wrong with it?

I did. Read the first two sentences.
Re: Turbo Tracks to Wheeljack Alternate Transformation, Flying Car Mode, and More! (1134721)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 12th, 2010 @ 4:51pm CDT
I honestly cant accept "The whole figure" and all that as acceptable. It's really a cop out answer. WHY do you feel that this is not Tracks? What about the figure gives you the impression that they "just made a figure and named it Tracks"?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Zeta Toys ZB-02 Air Strike Kronos G1 Superion no box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cannon Bumblebee Revenge Of The Fallen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CHUG Universe MOSC Multilingual Acid Storm New Decepticon Seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Autocracy Trilogy by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Bumblebee VS Barricade First Encounter Box Set NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition/Studio Series - Hot Rod & Cogman" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop Transformers Bumblebee Pop w/Cannon Walmart Exclusive Pop Movies #102" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 Trailbreaker Loose But Complete" on EBAY