TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed

TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 4:50pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,616

Toyworld has revealed an upcoming third-party Throttlebot Rollbar known as TW-T01. For scale purposes the figure has been posed by FansProject's Backfiery. Based on the teaser image they plan on releasing the whole Throttlebot team.

Credit(s): daimchoc, Toyworld

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374247)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 28th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
I had Rollbar as a kid. I loved that figure!
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374254)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 28th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CDT
Rollbar was my first Throttlebot, so I thought it was cool to see him acting as Throttlebot leader in Marvel #30 when I finally found it. I've found that some fans who didn't own any of the 6 as kids now consider them so awful they can't even look at them, so they're way past due for new toys with actual articulation and proportions.

Nice touch making his spare tire a gun; I used to pretend it was a little Gatling gun firing behind him in jeep mode. IIRC, he had a firepower of 1 to reflect his not having a gun, and none of the others had guns most of the time in the comics because Ratbat sent them to Earth unarmed, a nice reflection of the fact that you couldn't really even pretend they could wield weapons with their immobile arms.

Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374265)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 28th, 2012 @ 5:43pm CDT
Okay now this piques my interest! :-? :shock:
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374289)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:09pm CDT
looks good, i dont know why but rollbar was one of my favorite figures as a kid.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374297)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:18pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Hmm, I don't see Wideload's silhouette. He was unique for a dump truck, so it'd be a shame not to take a crack at him. Scale issues though...

Here I thought I was the only one to notice Wideload's silhouette missing from the pic. Freeway was a blue Corvette and that looks like his silhouette in the middle while the white Searchlight and the red Chase could fit for both left and right silhouettes, leaving the bottom one to be the gold Goldbug, the Bumblebee upgrade.

Personally, I'd rather the orange and blue Wideload be made as opposed to the gold Goldbug. If Not-Rollbar's vehicle and robot forms are any indication, these figures are going to be very cool.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374300)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:22pm CDT
I also like the metallic paint used on Rollbar, giving him the illusion that he's made of metal as opposed to plastic.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374390)
Posted by craggy on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:40pm CDT
If I was Wideload I'd be all over it. As is, I'd quite like the other Throttlebots, but not at the price these are likely to go for. Looks real nice though.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374545)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 28th, 2012 @ 10:23pm CDT
As a huge Rollbar fan, I will pick this up. My only misgiving is the head. I always loved the original head sculpt. It just seemed to ooze character but I'm not liking the linked eyes on this.

Still, I know I'll pick it up. Looks great otherwise.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374616)
Posted by Oilspill on April 29th, 2012 @ 1:12am CDT
I really like this idea, love the throttlebots and they've never had any re-releases that I can think of (except for Goldbug of course).

Hope they do make a Wideload as well. Gotta have the whole set.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374661)
Posted by DMSL on April 29th, 2012 @ 3:20am CDT
Looks fantastic, not sure if i dig the wheelgun though. Rather have a pistol that's stored underneath the vehicle or inside the tire but hey....sculpt looks brilliant so just a minor complaint.

If they do release the others i'll skip Goldbug as i just got the Renderform Gold Scout kit and that will look fantastic when i put that on my United Bee.

Btw i agree with what others said, if they really want to do the others they should definately not skip Wideload.

Perhaps these figures will have the pull-back engine feature?

:lol:
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374745)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 29th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
DMSL wrote:Perhaps these figures will have the pull-back engine feature?

:lol:

Only if they're bricks, for G1 accuracy! :lol: ;)

But yeah, this guy looks great. Who's making it and possibly the others?
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374765)
Posted by CADimusPrimus on April 29th, 2012 @ 9:56am CDT
I can feel the money leaving my wallet already. and i need a change of pants
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374780)
Posted by quebecer on April 29th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
I am using a Classics Hound with a custom head as Rollbar right now. I'd love to have this guy. I have customs of all of the others as well using BB and Tracks/Wheeljack molds, and still waiting for my Maketoy Dump Truck to customize as Wide Load.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374838)
Posted by Un_Chakal on April 29th, 2012 @ 2:09pm CDT
They NEED to make a Wideload. Him and Goldbug were the only Throttlebots I bought as a kid. I'll be sure to get them all this time around.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374859)
Posted by Stormrider on April 29th, 2012 @ 3:01pm CDT
I absolutely love this figure. From the transformation, the detail, size, and to the shiny paint job. Wow, I am impreseed that they are able to make a cool looking figure out of a crappy Throttlebot. And has given me new respect for Rollbar.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374927)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 29th, 2012 @ 6:41pm CDT
Now that's what I'm talking about! Rollbar was the second Throttlebot I got as a youngster and he was my favorite as well. I don't know why. This figure looks brilliant. Beelzeboss had better do something amazing with their Throttlebots to best this design.

Only slight complaint is that those bumps on his chest/roof will make it difficult to place an Autobot insignia on there.

Looking at the silhouette, it appears Goldbug will be based on the new VW Beetle which is exactly how it should be.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1374931)
Posted by Mykltron on April 29th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CDT
I need some Decep cars but the price of these things is so off-putting. Love the design though.
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1419707)
Posted by daimchoc on September 13th, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT
GrindRod - c/o Toyworld's facebook page.

Up for pre-order @ $60USD + shipping: http://www.3rdpartystore.com/index.php? ... uct_id=132

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1419716)
Posted by robotmel on September 13th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
daimchoc wrote:GrindRod - c/o Toyworld's facebook page.

ImageImage

:D
Darn you Daimchoc, I was only minutes behind posting about this!
I have had to check these pics over on The Allspark, and he looks sweeeeeet! :grin:
Is he Deluxe or Voyager though?

EDIT: Hmmm, at that price I guess hes a deluxe then!
Re: TW-T01 Unofficial Rollbar Revealed (1419720)
Posted by daimchoc on September 13th, 2012 @ 9:53am CDT
DX... less than 6 inches.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 57 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ SOUNDWAVE ~ SS #51~ DARK OF THE MOON ~ Deluxe ~ New ~" on EBAY
Buy "load buster hellwarp transformers cloud spacetime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher (Skullcruncher) Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS REISSUE SKY LYNX" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Scourge Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON SOUNDBLASTER & SCRAPFACE WALMART EXCLUSIVE NEW" on EBAY