Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"

Sunday, October 30th, 2016 8:07PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 25,786

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host ScottyP, Megatronus, RodimusConvoy13, and xRotorstomx - listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #158 “Altered Image" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

We start with the Elephant - or should I say Walther P38 - in the room. That's right, MP36 Megatron has been revealed, and the crew is pretty freaking excited. Listen in as we compare this update to its MP-5 precursor, and discuss what we find most exciting about this toy.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
I would have waited an eternity for this.


While we're on the topic of Masterpiece toys - what Decepticons will be getting the MP treatment next? How closely do our wants match the cold possibilities of reality? We all have our hopes and aspirations, none too realistic - heck, a new Masterpiece Optimus seems more likely.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Too much to ask for?


Continuing on the Masterpiece train, we tackle part of a listener question from Skullcrunchberries. Can there ever be a perfect toy representation of a character? What are some examples we could think of, and what makes them so? This segment attempts to answer these questions and more, and don't forget that your questions could get answered too if you use the Ask The Twincast thread.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Timely promo shot. Is one "more perfect" than the other?


The long layoff of comics talk ends as we take a look at both Transformers #57 and More Than Meets The Eye #57, which end the Titans Return arc leading in to Revolution. Plot points, reading orders, production, and more come up, and even the not-so-obvious backstory of one particular Decepticon. Plus, find out why in this particular universe, there's no debating that the Space Chicken's name is indeed Deathsaurus!

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Looking forward to this.


The Revolution is here - and we're excited to see Hasbro's interconnected comics universe take flight. Or at least, we were. Is this crossover event coming at the expense of some of the things that have made TF comics great the last few years? Yes, actually, it's pretty forgettable. Dire Wraiths just aren't interesting, but at least Josh Boyfriend might help the Revolution: Transformers one-shot title temporarily lift us up.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
That's why I changed my name.


Now for something completely different: what makes the definitive version of a character from the fictional standpoint, and how does the idea of a character transform (pun intended!) over multiple iterations? The crew digs deep into Sparkler Mini-bots, and of course, our favorite despotic Decepticon leader once more.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Remember when we were a flying truck and the Batmobile?


Folks have been chomping at the bit for Titans Returns Brainstorm, a Walgreens exclusive. The crew dispenses tips of the hunting trade to increase your chances of finding this sought after figure. Or you can order online. On the fence? Check out Seibertron's pictorial review.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Get yours!


We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording? There might even be beasts involved, especially those that have something to do with possibility, but this particular beast probably isn't the one you're trying to connect to Transformers. Don't worry though, plenty of on-topic, Transformers related acquisitions are discussed within!

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image"
Now available at your local TJ Maxx & Marshalls! Enjoy these special sets before they decide to never do things like them again!



| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1838006)
Posted by Big Grim on October 31st, 2016 @ 10:41am CDT
I'd love to see a Masterpiece Cyclonus. Love to. Funnily enough, FansToys are intending to do one after their Not-Galvatron Sovereign. Now that I have a Megatron, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge are what I'd really like to see! Maybe Kup, Blurr and Springer.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1839061)
Posted by xRotorstormx on November 4th, 2016 @ 10:33am CDT
...and halfway through the podcast xRotorstormx mysteriously disappears!

*kicks headphones across room* :BANG_HEAD:

Seeing that I didn't get to chime in on Brainstorm, on the air... I will now. I am honestly surprised they decided to release him online though it was frustrating that it was $19.99 versus the $17.99 as they are in stores. I hadn't found him in stores so I decided to order online (which amazingly only took 2 days if that to arrive at the house). I actually felt compelled to call Walgreens about the price difference and the lady told me that they don't price match their own stores (Wait? What?)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1839062)
Posted by megatronus on November 4th, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
xRotorstormx wrote:...and halfway through the podcast xRotorstormx mysteriously disappears!

*kicks headphones across room* :BANG_HEAD:

Seeing that I didn't get to chime in on Brainstorm, on the air... I will now. I am honestly surprised they decided to release him online though it was frustrating that it was $19.99 versus the $17.99 as they are in stores. I hadn't found him in stores so I decided to order online (which amazingly only took 2 days if that to arrive at the house). I actually felt compelled to call Walgreens about the price difference and the lady told me that they don't price match their own stores (Wait? What?)

At my Walgreens they're all 19.99...

:(

But hey, I was able to get the new Marvel Legends Punisher also - free shipping yay!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1839065)
Posted by xRotorstormx on November 4th, 2016 @ 10:56am CDT
megatronus wrote:
At my Walgreens they're all 19.99...

:(

But hey, I was able to get the new Marvel Legends Punisher also - free shipping yay!


Oh really? That is so bizarre the prices are different no matter where you go. You'd think it would be streamlined throughout all of their stores like TRU
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1839067)
Posted by megatronus on November 4th, 2016 @ 11:04am CDT
xRotorstormx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
At my Walgreens they're all 19.99...

:(

But hey, I was able to get the new Marvel Legends Punisher also - free shipping yay!


Oh really? That is so bizarre the prices are different no matter where you go. You'd think it would be streamlined throughout all of their stores like TRU

TRU is definitely not streamlined by me, but that just might be an NYC thing...

At the very least you can price match their website.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1839253)
Posted by ScottyP on November 5th, 2016 @ 11:23am CDT
megatronus wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
At my Walgreens they're all 19.99...

:(

But hey, I was able to get the new Marvel Legends Punisher also - free shipping yay!


Oh really? That is so bizarre the prices are different no matter where you go. You'd think it would be streamlined throughout all of their stores like TRU

TRU is definitely not streamlined by me, but that just might be an NYC thing...

At the very least you can price match their website.
Both TRU and Walgreens stores around here have prices that vary based on the neighborhood. Nicer part of town? More expensive stuff.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840370)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:27pm CST
Small correction to something mentioned during the Bragging Rights: Scatterspike is a she. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840736)
Posted by ScottyP on November 12th, 2016 @ 10:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Small correction to something mentioned during the Bragging Rights: Scatterspike is a she. ;)

To be fair, this was recorded a few days before that episode aired here, and as you'll find out soon most of us are waiting on US air dates.

But that aside, it's a nice touch. Gives the character some extra distinguishing trait aside from being a maroon colored Quillfire. Wish the toy's headsculpt was a bit more faithful to the character model!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840748)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2016 @ 1:09pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Small correction to something mentioned during the Bragging Rights: Scatterspike is a she. ;)

To be fair, this was recorded a few days before that episode aired here, and as you'll find out soon most of us are waiting on US air dates.
I bet those of ya'll who were wait for U.S. air dates really dug this morning's exciting episode. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840882)
Posted by ScottyP on November 13th, 2016 @ 9:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Small correction to something mentioned during the Bragging Rights: Scatterspike is a she. ;)

To be fair, this was recorded a few days before that episode aired here, and as you'll find out soon most of us are waiting on US air dates.
I bet those of ya'll who were wait for U.S. air dates really dug this morning's exciting episode. ;)
It was really good! I want to know what Starscream's pals (forgot their names, they didn't Budiansky them enough) alt modes are.

That said - Please, no one post pictures in reply. I'm good with waiting another week or two :)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840892)
Posted by Va'al on November 13th, 2016 @ 10:24am CST
I liked how the comparisons for MP Megatron were kept within official products - I feel that's the right yardstick to use!

I enjoyed the episode! It kept me company on my flight back from the UK, and it felt very relaxed and amicable all the way through - I had a whole spool of notes too, but they were left somewhere between Schiphol Airport and Florence. #-o
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #158 "Altered Image" (1840905)
Posted by ScottyP on November 13th, 2016 @ 12:23pm CST
Dr Va'al wrote:I liked how the comparisons for MP Megatron were kept within official products - I feel that's the right yardstick to use!
This was very extremely on purpose, because as I looked and listened around, almost every other TF podcast had this narrowed into an Apollyon/Despotron/etc comparison fest. That's a good conversation to have, but I wanted to provide an alternative lens to view the upcoming Takara piece. Glad you enjoyed :D

Items Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #165 - Recall Bias
Twincast / Podcast #165:
"Recall Bias"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Website Security Test