Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 6:01PM CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 28,574

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your charismatic host RodimusConvoy13, plus Megatronus, Jon3.0, and xRotorstomx - listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Another episode of the Twincast Podcast, another round of new product sightings. This time, it's Titans Return Titan Masters + Deluxes Wave 3, and the highly anticipated RID Bisk. So, who's not picking these up?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
Squeeeeeaaaaallllll!!!!

Now that Thanksgiving has passed - and with it all the sales we'll likely see the week before Christmas and after the New Year - we can grapple with a dose of self-reflection. Seibertron.com staff member william-james88 asks: "What price do you guys look at when wondering if a toy is worth the price?" Oomph. That's a doozy,

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
It's the most sales-iest time of the year.

Masterpiece Inferno is here, and, as is usually the case, the Twincast crew has some thoughts. Live thoughts. The liveliest. So live, that Jon3.0 opens his figure on air. After this live unboxing, the Twincast tackles the fandom's heretofore armchair accolades and critiques. Did I mention it was live?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
Disco Inferno

Combiner Wars is back - or rather, ending. Takara's upcoming Baldigus appears to be the last known release of Combiner Wars molds, and as we look forward to more fabulous Titans Return figures, we conduct a post-mortem to understand how Combiner Wars marked a turning point for the brand.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
So bald. So good.

Machinima is back with news of seasons 2 & 3 announced. Jon3.0 - the voice of Machinima's Optimus Prime - gives us an inside look at how the sausage is made, while others voice their critiques and hopes for the future of Machinima's work.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
Write. Her. Better.

Bragging Rights is here. Last time, we geared up for a good old fashioned Black Friday smackdown. Now, it's time for the ACTUAL smackdown. Who got what this Black Friday, and who was brave enough to make more purchases after our consumer-driven culture's most shameful day?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
Ready for the smackdown.

Ummm... who the heck is Grapple?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory"
Seriously, we could use some help on this one.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845412)
Posted by KVO Prime on December 5th, 2016 @ 12:01am CST
I wish I'd bitten at the $75 Fort Max sale going on for one day only... sigh...
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845546)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 5th, 2016 @ 5:06pm CST
That MicroMaster in sins of the wreckers would be Stakeout. :WRECKERS:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845548)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 5th, 2016 @ 5:07pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:That MicroMaster in sins of the wreckers would be Stakeout. :WRECKERS:

Never mind way to go Clair
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845560)
Posted by ScottyP on December 5th, 2016 @ 5:52pm CST
A mention of Wahlberg and Bisk together without acknowledgement of Ted? All I can say to that is "You owe me lobstah money!"
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845961)
Posted by Big Grim on December 7th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CST
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1845971)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 7th, 2016 @ 1:09pm CST
Big Grim wrote:This was a fun, silly episode. Had my smiling like a dork through my day in the office! Cheers! :D

Thanks, we had a good time doing it.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1847221)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 14th, 2016 @ 6:48pm CST
A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

As a father, I love Rescue Bots! Such a fun and happy way to bring the newest of generations into the fandom. I would absolutely love a podcast dedicated to this line, looking and talking about how we introduce our children to this franchise that we so love. Great idea, I hope to see something come from it!

The last few episodes, when you talk of new toys, it has sounded less like fans discussing new items, and more like Hasbro is paying you to say good things. Now, I genuinely believe you all do love the new stuff as much as you say, I just think it would be good to include somebody with a less rosy opinion for the sake of more balanced discussion. I understand that there are limits and difficulties in getting people on the cast and all of that, don't get me wrong. If everyone that can be on the show happens to love the product, than so be it, I get it.

As someone who is, lets just say, less than thrilled with recent official product, it would be nice to hear from somebody who isn't such a fan. I just like to hear a multi sided discussion.

All that said, I do enjoy the podcast, please keep up the good work, thank you all.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1847248)
Posted by megatronus on December 14th, 2016 @ 10:21pm CST
Ironhidesh wrote:Now, a bit of a negative. I always hate giving criticism online, as I always worry I'm coming across a bit mean. I hope nobody takes it personally. That said.....

Criticism is always welcome!

Can you provide an example or two to give us a better idea of what you mean? :michaelbay:

I will say that the job of the podcast isn't to be balanced - we're there to be opinionated. For example, I know I tend to be really upbeat on official Generations product (these days at least). Sometimes there's a consensus, sometimes not. But what's important is that we've engaged you in a way where you feel comfortable continuing the conversation by saying "I disagree!" ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1847480)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 16th, 2016 @ 9:34am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

Duly noted and feedback is appreciated.

I think in general, that I'm kind of the quality hard-liner. It just so happens that I've really, honestly enjoyed the past six months or so of retail releases.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1847482)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on December 16th, 2016 @ 9:45am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:A couple of thoughts for the future of the podcast, if I may.

First, a positive:

Duly noted and feedback is appreciated.

I'm generally positive about all the figures I get because I only get the ones I really want. I just really love the Titans Return line. I think it's fantastic.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #160 "Grappling with Memory" (1847609)
Posted by ScottyP on December 17th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:The last few episodes, when you talk of new toys, it has sounded less like fans discussing new items, and more like Hasbro is paying you to say good things.
I wonder if they would pay us? :-?

Nah but for real, I think all my negative energy has been going so hard towards Revolution that I probably haven't been looking at the toys very critically. I think I crap on Dezarus a bit in 162, but on the other side of my mouth I praise the limbs in the set.

RiD/TAV is a good example of something that presumably does not appeal to a large section of the fans that
listen to our show, but generally when it comes up, I bet it does sound to many like we're shilling it. Objectively, if these were compared to some same arbitrary set of standards as the Generations line, many of these would be figuratively slaughtered in a critical light. However, I think within the context of what that line is trying to do and for the bulk of the audience/age range it is aimed at, it's great. Ratchet's vehicle mode still needs some more damn paint though, and not even the TAV version helps, it only adds paint in bot mode!

Ending Soon On eBay

Lot of 3, Transformers G1 Insecticons - Bombshell, Shrapnel, Venom - 1985 - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers IDW Titan return the head of the soldiers L-class Overlord - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 29 minutes 50 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Swerve - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 44 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex DD-06 - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Go exclusive Micron Samurai Sword Model kit - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 47 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017