Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"

Sunday, January 8th, 2017 11:55AM CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 27,441

Welcome to the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast and the first episode of 2017 - "Through The Space Hole". The crew this episode features ScottyP as host, as well as Razorclaw0000 and recurring guest podcaster Mr. Starscream, who listeners will recognize from our IDW comic-centric podcast episodes of the past.

Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

The show kicks off with some major comics catch up on the table. A fantastic duo of Scotty P and Razorclaw start out by talking about new sensation hearthrob series Till All Are One, with both issue 5 and issue 6 being available to readers. Discussion includes the title's place in the proper comic universe, the way it expands said universe, and just how creepy Elita really is. Please be aware that as always, all comics talk in the show may contain complete spoilers for certain issues!

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Not Optimus Prime's Girlfriend

After that, the comics march continues with a dive into the newly launched Optimus Prime series, and dissect issues 1 and 2, discussing the art style, character appearances, and the larger implications of the series. Also, a lobster rides a sports car and we slide in some oily references to things that you probably wouldn't want your mother to hear.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Sumptous Art

After adding in the formidable Mr. Starscream to right the ship, the team gets to the relaunched Lost Light and its premier issue 1, and intense speculation on the foreshadowing therein. Prepare to confront and repel us after this topic for the massive space hole in the conversation that occurs. Why is that? Well, we completely forgot about Anode and Lug due to all the foreshadowing!

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
I hope the show isn't this dull

A brief interlude finds the Twincast podcasters achieving Total Brand Awareness, with that loveable MP3 finding a new job in the process. Suffice it to say that if you haven't read the amazing More Than Meets The Eye: Revolution yet, the laughter here may just convince you that it's time.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Josh Boyfriend is into G1?

Shifting gears, we discuss the reveals of Titans Return Kup and his casemates, Krok and Quake, as well as the other Wave 4 reveals. You didn't think we'd go a whole show without toys, did you? Some of the speculation here is out of date already, but at least there was always that twelve hours where Krok was just an oversized Gatoraider in our minds.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Quakin' in ma boots

Closing out the toy talk is a lengthy discussion of MP Camo Black Bape Convoy, including how to get it and some of the difficulties of the earlier BAPE releases. Hang out and find out just how out of touch some of your favorite podcast pals are(n't).

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Definitely not Sleep Convoy

Finally, we wrap up the show with holiday bragging rights. Did we get Transformers for the holidays? Did we give them? Maybe there was a little bit of both. Plus - can you figure out the mystery counterpunching so hardcore, we had to delete it from the show's audio? Probably, but don't tell anyone.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole"
Coming soon to Hascon: companion pieces?

Thanks for listening!

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1851274)
Posted by Big Grim on January 9th, 2017 @ 8:23am CST
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1851330)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 9th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
Big Grim wrote:So wait, Skywarp has joined the humans, like Thundercracker did previously? The bloomin' hypocrite! He shot TC for saving earth!

Yep, but he's there more for convenience than desire.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1851412)
Posted by ScottyP on January 9th, 2017 @ 7:26pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Yep, but he's there more for convenience than desire.
Looking for some quid pro quo is what's implied. Basically, they don't dissect him for parts in exchange for help.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1851415)
Posted by Va'al on January 9th, 2017 @ 7:35pm CST
So ready for this episode. SO READY
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852539)
Posted by ScottyP on January 15th, 2017 @ 8:21pm CST
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852540)
Posted by Va'al on January 15th, 2017 @ 8:23pm CST
ScottyP wrote:Ok, really though, was this one any good? I know we had fun recording it, but had my concerns about how well it would translate over to a listening experience.

Listening to it this week! Travelling not-solo means no earphones time.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852888)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 17th, 2017 @ 2:11pm CST
I must admit, I haven't gotten through it all yet. Sorry, just got rehooked on Rachel Maddow, so I've been listening to her podcast(audio of her show) daily. I like what I have heard so far.

Had I been on this show, I was going to respond to the GI JOE stuff. I really don't have a problem with Skywarp being here or the JOE team using the Nemesis as a base. This is what bugs me:

How the hell do you even explain the existence of Cobra in this shared universe??? If I'm going to read GI JOE, I want them fighting Cobra. Not Direwraiths. Not Rebels in Greece. Cobra. A Ruthless Terrorist Organization determined to rule the world!

There's no way a group like the Cobra that we've known for all these years could exist in the universe now. If they weren't wiped out in All Hail Megatron, surely the EDC, or the Mecha Group in China, would have taken them out by now.

I mean in the original Real American Hero, Cobra was a stretch. They were really well funded for not being a country or backed by any Rogue State or government. I really just don't see how you can have Cobra now.

That's my rant. That's how I feel about this shared universe stuff.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852909)
Posted by ScottyP on January 17th, 2017 @ 4:23pm CST
GI Joe 1 spoilers under tag - But [spoiler]COBRA dudes show up at the end of Joe 1[/spoiler], yes?

Also apparently while it's a stretch to make some details of it fit in this universe, apparently this Joe is a continuation of a Joe series (or four) where they fought some COBRA.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852925)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 17th, 2017 @ 6:04pm CST
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1852958)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 17th, 2017 @ 8:32pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Something I like that Razorclaw mentioned, was how unsettling the Junkions are. For some reason I got the feeling that these junkions want to make a snuff film out of the main cast.

Exactly! I don't trust them. Shiftless Junkions.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1853001)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 18th, 2017 @ 1:10am CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Exactly! I don't trust them. Shiftless Junkions.

Like this cover alone shows that wreck-gar is clearly a shifty looking grifter, I mean the only thing better would've been if he had a whole bunch of rings on each hand
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1853257)
Posted by Va'al on January 19th, 2017 @ 6:37pm CST
You guys kept me company all the way to Osaka yesterday, and I took some notes!

I agree with razorclaw on the TAAO assessment of politicking à la early exRID - and in fact, the heavy lies the head vibe that surrounds Starscream is also building on the AHM coda dedicated to him. So many back references are happening right now, it's almost incredible.

As for tropes being redefined, it's probably an overall shift, and not just for female characters. Look at OP, and how his heroism is not a thing. Look at the Brainstorm/Nautica/Velocity interactions in MTMTE. Look at how morals are shifting constantly and across the board - there is no right way, but a matter of perspectives (Revolution kinda shows us that, too).

[Sidenote: I actually almost kind of enjoyed Dawn of the Predacus for what it was...]

OP: art fitting comic, may be worth looking outside of TFverse, and more to 2000AD and Judge Dredd. Police state (especially in flashbacks), wastelands, aftermaths of conflict, rising tensions - that's where Zama also gets a lot of her influences.

The faceplate thing - what do people make of the delusional Prime trajectory? Is he going to go full Prime lineage? Aileron had a quick change of heart about him, but how is it going to work for the non-aligned characters?

I have more thoughts on the other bits later, too. Gotta run now though!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1853378)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 20th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CST
Va'al wrote:Carcer: I still suggest, almost not entirely seriously, that Trypticon may be hiding around here somewhere soon. Also, what is the connection to/with Onyx Prime? (Other than Blackrock.) The pacing, on the other hand, I feel can be mostly down to IDW's magical scheduling magic.

I think considering Trypticon's involvement in existing IDW backstory, that would be incredibly difficult to pull off.

He was last seen in "Redemption" on Cybertron.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1853494)
Posted by Va'al on January 21st, 2017 @ 7:18am CST
Counterpunch wrote:

He was last seen in "Redemption" on Cybertron.

True. I had almost entirely forgotten about it - that's what was keeping my speculation afloat. Hmm.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1853978)
Posted by Va'al on January 23rd, 2017 @ 3:22pm CST
I got back to Italy, and the thing that ScottyP sent arrived. I truly am #blessed.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1854137)
Posted by Big Grim on January 24th, 2017 @ 6:08am CST
That's hilarious!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1854167)
Posted by ScottyP on January 24th, 2017 @ 8:39am CST
Seeing it in pictures makes me realize wow, my handwriting is bad.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1854198)
Posted by Big Grim on January 24th, 2017 @ 10:45am CST
Nah man. Perfectly legible to me.

But I used to be a chef with an Irish Head Chef. His hand writing was worse than a Doctors.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1859806)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on February 15th, 2017 @ 4:10pm CST
Kup would look great as G1 Crosshairs.http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/d/d ... shairs.jpg
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #163 "Through The Space Hole" (1860501)
Posted by ScottyP on February 17th, 2017 @ 8:39pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Kup would look great as G1 Crosshairs.
Oh for sure! The alt mode doesn't need much tweaking at all to be spot on for it

Ending Soon On eBay

Lot of 3, Transformers G1 Insecticons - Bombshell, Shrapnel, Venom - 1985 - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 29 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers IDW Titan return the head of the soldiers L-class Overlord - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 29 minutes 50 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations GDO Deluxe Class Swerve - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 44 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex DD-06 - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 46 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Go exclusive Micron Samurai Sword Model kit - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 47 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017