Twincast / Podcast Episode #220 "Classically Trained"
Sunday, March 31st, 2019 2:15PM CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP Views: 14,064
Episode #220 "Classically Trained" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we talk about during this episode:
- In-hand impressions of new toys start us off, with thoughts of Siege and Studio Series Voyagers.
- Part 1 of our retrospective look at Transformers Classics and the subsequent lines it spawned starts up, as we look at the roots of these toys with Alternators and more.
- We reach the September 2006 launch of the line featuring Astrotrain, Bumblebee, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Rodimus and Starscream.
- Through the other waves and ancillary size classes like Mini-Cons and eventually into store exclusives like Soundwave and Devastator, we journey through early 2007's releases covering the initial Transformers Classics run. Stay tuned for the next installment which will take a look at how Botcon 2007 and Henkei! Henkei! changed the game once again.
- Jon 3.0 tells us about his day at Paramount as the Bumblebee movie journey continues. Listen in as the voice of Soundwave and Shockwave tells us about his experiences talking to screenwriter Christina Hodson, Foley artists Alicia Stevenson & Dawn Lunsford and on-set mechanic Sarah Lyon. The movie comes out on Blu-ray and DVD this Tuesday, April 2nd.
- We take a listener question from Ironhidensh about our hopes for the upcoming Netflix series.
- We talk about IDW's Transformers #2, reviewed here. *** SPOILER ALERT: Transformers #2 spoilers discussed from approximately 1:35 - 1:58 ***, so skip ahead just past that point in the audio if you're waiting for the trade!
- Bragging Rights close out another episode as we catch up with Counterpunch and Tigertrack's hiatus acquisitions. Plus, Jon 3.0 is a kid in a candy shop.
Most Popular Transformers News
Stop Motion Animated Short Featuring Transformers: War for Cybertron SIEGE by Taiwan Hasbro18,948 views
Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer17,879 views
New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime17,347 views
Most Recent Transformers News
Ghostbusters Transformer Crossover News with Ectotron Review and Possible MP 10 ImagePosted 18 hours ago
New Stock Photos and Packaging Image for Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class GnawPosted 2 days ago
Posted by YoungPrime on April 1st, 2019 @ 11:48am CDT
Wave 2 Soundwave's "weathering" doesn't bother me much either (it still would've been better w/o it). But the only reason I haven't started working on Starscream's which is terrible is because I might be replacing him with the rumored Starscream with pin's in the chest.
I don't like the fake Null Rays (just gray riffles) either, so I replaced them with Classics Starscream's which IMO makes Siege Starscream look much better. They're a little loose but clear nail polish takes care of that.
I only pre-ordered Prowl because Hasbro-Pulse was selling him for $10.00. If not for that then CW Prowl would've remained my go to Prowl due to his height. Siege Prowl should be taller considering his rank in the latest comics. Since he isn't then I'll just demote him out of OP's top 5.
CW Bumblebee will never be more than a Scout who can't even beat Ravage.
Posted by YoungPrime on April 1st, 2019 @ 2:15pm CDT
I had mentioned being so happy with grabbing the last set of these at a TRU that was no where near where I lived at the time and how I feel about these "Constructicon's" now.
Posted by ScottyP on April 2nd, 2019 @ 10:16am CDT
For folks that have listened to the episode, remember Counterpunch's small quip about Ronda Rousey? Well, last night on Monday Night Raw something close to that actually occurred:
Posted by Counterpunch on April 9th, 2019 @ 11:21am CDT
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 10th, 2019 @ 9:21pm CDT
I really enjoy the classics retrospective!
I was hoping it would go more towards the MP style, with a general overview following by the breaking up into the stages of the era. The 3 Podcasts I listen to the most are the MP retro first overview with Scotty and Counterpunch, and then the super car era and the Prowl datsun era. I love those 3.
I would love a solid 2 hours of Classics, with some intense focus on some molds and all their various uses. It is such a cool topic, and I only ever got into it during Thrilling 30, so I want to hear more about the previous era. I wouldn't mind some more focus on the Universe lines either prior to Classics proper