Twincast / Podcast Episode #222 "The Real Ghostbusters"
Sunday, May 12th, 2019 12:46pm CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP Views: 26,876
Episode #222 "The Real Ghostbusters" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we talk about during this episode:
- A surprisingly in-depth look at the upcoming SDCC exclusive Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime Ghostbuster version kicks off the episode.
- We analyze the painted test shot of MP-46 Blackarachnia in all its curvaceous detail.
- The group takes a look at upcoming Siege repaints Slamdance, Skywarp and G2 Sideswipe.
- The discussion turns to the Generations: Selects series with opinions shared about the upcoming deluxe class Smokescreen.
- Complaints about Transformers, unheard of! Scotty gripes about Red Swoop for awhile.
- What does Snaptrap and/or Turtler mean for our Seacon dreams? D-Maximal_Primal ends up taking us to the promised land of a wonderful speculative conclusion on the other Seacons.
- With other big franchises reaching endings in good ways (Avengers: Endgame) and others limping to their finish line (Game of Thrones), the cast looks back at Transformers stories to see how every one of them knew Euron's fleet was there this makes no sense and he could at least pet the dog wolf puppy holy crap that was bad. Er, that is not discussed. Discussion of actually good endings in the Transformers universe does occur here.
- An attempt at a new segment occurs as fun facts (and those you forgot) about Transformers are shared. Enjoy this debut and final installment of a segment the host was spectacularly unprepared for.
- Bragging Rights close out another episode in "Titan"-ic fashion.
Most Popular Transformers News
Preorders Up for Centurion Pack, Amazon's Dead Prime, RED Series and Cheaply Priced G1 Blaster32,620 views
Transformer Reveals from Fan First Friday: Tigertrack, Rotorstorm, Weapons Pack and More!28,501 views
Most Recent Transformers News
New In Hand Images of Transformers Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok Show off Fan ModesPosted 18 hours ago
Video Review Round Up Of Transformers Earthrise Target Exclusive Thundercracker and SkywarpPosted 21 hours ago
Takara Tomy Mall Shares New Photos of SS 53 Bumblebee Movie Cliffjumper and SS 54 RotF OverloadPosted 21 hours ago
Posted by Counterpunch on May 15th, 2019 @ 9:41am CDT
The conflict is settled. Unicron is banished. Prime is removed from the story and their world is restored. Megatron is still out there, but his experience with Unicron has fundamentally changed him.
Everything was wrapped up, thought out, and still open to creative possibility depending on your take. Bad bad guys were punished, those who sought redemption had a chance for it. The limits of the conflict/war are gone and the future is wide open.
I felt really good about the whole thing.
Posted by Stargrave on May 15th, 2019 @ 11:39am CDT
Also you cracked me up - I totally remember that last scene from Beast Machines I remember thinking why the hell are their shoes all so huge?
I agree with all of your points on great series closures great stuff gang. For me now that I've read it, Last Light has to be my favorite, only barely edging out the closure that the 1986 movie gave me. So that's pretty recent I mean the 86 movie held that title for a long time but Last Light, I'll admit it, had me bawling. I was so invested in all those characters by the end, and for it to end the way that it did, for me personally, was perfect. It's an ending that I've encountered before, I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but it's just a theme that touches me.
First star to the right, and straight on till morning. I'll always remember the end of Star Trek 6, Titanic, mmmf, just the emotional levity struck me like a shot of Ore 13.
Can't wait for the next one guys I bet it's a beast to get coordinated with everybody - we appreciate all the effort.