Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Sunday, November 24th, 2019 12:20PM CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 24,907

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that can only mean one thing for us Transformers fans - irresponsible spending on entirely too many Transformers toys! Join Scotty P as he catches up with Cobotron, xRotorstormx and Jon3.0 to discuss all the latest and their most anticipated discounted leftovers from our favorite retailers.

Episode #235 “Pre-Holidaze” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

First up, ScottyP shares his thoughts on the new art book from Jim Sorenson called Transformers: A Visual History.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Choo-choo! All aboard the rumor train as the crew discusses some potential Earthrise figures that could be on the horizon.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

The final Siege blacklight code has revealed a map of Cybertron, but from the looks of it, we might as well just call it planet Norelco.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Continuing on with the discussion of marketing material, the crew discusses what other fun stuff they would like to see make a comeback.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Next up, we dive into some ancient Chinese mythology to figure out what this is all about?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Black Friday is fast approaching which means our shopping lists are getting slightly longer.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Storytime with Grandreams Generation 2 Annual has us ready to user in Generation 11 before another round of bragging rights closes out this episode.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.|
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045387)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on November 25th, 2019 @ 2:04pm CST
Great episode as always!

I'm surprised that Cybertron map was brought up and NO ONE mentioned the suspicious Unicron Launch Site at all.

I know I'm in the minority in that I like the battle damage on some figures and am indifferent towards it on the others, but I actually like what they did with it on Apeface. Since the majority of it is on his legs, it ends up on his belly in ape mode, which makes me then see it as him having a scarred underbelly from having been in many fights. To me that adds a bit of character to him.

Also can we get Jon Quintesson to be a character in Cyberverse or something, like Steve the Vehicon? I think that would be kinda hilarious.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045388)
Posted by Cobotron on November 25th, 2019 @ 2:09pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:I can offer a bit of insight regarding the Chinese mythology guys, as I've played Smite read Wikipedia been interested in old mythologies: These guys aren't based on Journey to the West and Monkey/Sun Wukong at all, these are actually based on characters from a different Chinese novel written during the same time period called The Investiture of the Gods. The character of Ne Zha actually then reappeared in Journey to the West as a supporting character who fought and then later helped Sun Wukong. Apparently there was an animated movie adaptation of that story released in China this year called Ne Zha, so these probably have something to do with that.
WOW! Awesome! Thanks for schooling us on that. Interesting that the 2 myths overlap in some way.

Nemesis Primal wrote:Whoever said they were looking for a sale on Galaxy Upgrade Prime, he's currently $38 bucks on Amazon, which is what happened to Shockwave before he dropped to Voyager price. I'm currently watching in hopes the same thing happens to Magnus.
That was me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it too. ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045408)
Posted by Flashwave on November 25th, 2019 @ 8:34pm CST
Cobotron wrote:

That was me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it too. ;)^

I paid 32 for Galxy Prime when Target had them on a 5 dollar discount plus the 25% coupon. No regrets. It IS a fun toy
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045426)
Posted by Flashwave on November 26th, 2019 @ 2:05am CST
FyI, Amazon has the Regular Edition of the Book on sale for 39.99 and the LE is marked down to 67.01. I just ordered a copy, because my luck is that the sale will end before people shop for me or they will sell out. The extra prints were tempting but I just went with the regular copy.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045435)
Posted by ScottyP on November 26th, 2019 @ 9:44am CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:Great episode as always!

I'd made a mental note to bring it up but not an actual written or typed one, so when the conversation went elsewhere it totally slipped my mind. Definitely a fascinating detail - if they do anything with it!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045436)
Posted by Flashwave on November 26th, 2019 @ 9:54am CST
ScottyP wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Great episode as always!

"I would calculate the theoretical probability of Hasbro acting on that particular component of the larger proposed but heretofore measurably underutilized storyline as being less than 0.00375%" /Perceptor
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045594)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 28th, 2019 @ 10:46pm CST
Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045711)
Posted by ScottyP on December 1st, 2019 @ 4:14pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
I would accept a Titan instead, but Commander's definitely more realistic.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze" (2045843)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:21pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
I would accept a Titan instead, but Commander's definitely more realistic.

Yep, what Scotty said.

Good show guys, i enjoyed it! need to listen again, I had some comments from last week and forgot them when I finally remembered the thread

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Movie Leader Class Figures Prime, Bumblebee, Roadbuster + for parts" on EBAY
Buy "Tanigami Works Transformers United Autobot Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Rodimus/RTS Deluxe Hot Rod Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Grapple PREORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee Volkswagen Beetle Used Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Movie 1 1987 Clunker Bumblebee Figure Complete Mint" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers Scout Class Scraplet Figure" on EBAY