Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"

Sunday, October 11th, 2020 2:14pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 20,374

Masterpieces for everyone? It's more likely than you think in the newest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Cobotron, Megatronus and Scotty P look at the latest triumvirate of totally tubular Transformers toys from the MP lineup, or at least the newest two and the upcoming third version of Starscream.

Episode #261 “Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about in this episode:

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" (2083566)
Posted by meanguns on October 11th, 2020 @ 10:45pm CDT
True Survivor is the Hoff song, and it absolutely F*CKS.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" (2083567)
Posted by meanguns on October 11th, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
It's a bit of a plank, but i's love to see the vehicle fom Aliens as a crossover.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/M577_Armore ... el_Carrier
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" (2083568)
Posted by meanguns on October 11th, 2020 @ 10:50pm CDT
Song from Kung Fury

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" (2083644)
Posted by Emerje on October 13th, 2020 @ 12:38am CDT
After a lot of thinking I believe I came up with what should be the next crossover figure.

Barf did say Mega Maid was a Transformer. Would be pretty hard to make it look right probably. Maybe Lonestar's Winnebago?

Incidentally (and also relevant to the episode) that Transformers coloring book has what would make the ideal G1 Barricade alt mode on the cover. Even the colors are right!

Emerje
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #261 "Ratchets, Tigers and Planes" (2083868)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 14th, 2020 @ 2:13pm CDT
Took Monday and Tuesday off, so today is Twincast day!

New Abominus looks pretty nice, I love the new Hun-Gurr deco, but not enough to double dip on Abominus.

I am still longing for and waiting for a Monstructor. I want that one so badly.

I am really impressed with MP-52 Scream. He looks very clean and nice. No waist swivel (what is it with seekers and no waist swivel?), but he appears super nice. Not planning to get him, but he still looks pretty neat.

Ari finally admitted that MP-10 is not actually Headmasters Prime!!! finally!!!!

I enjoy the Pit of Judgement a lot, there was some great stuff in that set. The Bailiff and the Prosecutor are the clear highlights for me, I don't really care about the Quint, and I now have another Sharkticon, but Kranix is pretty cool, so I will admit to liking him too. But the Bailiff is a lot of fun, I love the retooling from the Allicon.

The Quint is pretty lackluster, I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order for the retail one. I still prefer the cyberverse one, especially the face sculpts on that one.

The way you guys are talking Arcee, I am super glad I am not getting that mold in any capacity.

I WANT ANOTHER TIGERHAWK IN SOME FORM DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Tigerhawk story: Tigerhawk was meant to be a bigger part and survive the beast wars, but they weren't planning a toy of him, so they were intending to kill him off at Hasbro's request, but then the show guys found out they were making a toy, but by that point it was too late to change his fate. So that's why he got such a stunted show appearance.

MPM Ratchet! He's a really fun toy, a couple nitpicks, but he is pretty solid, they did a truck right!

MPM Starscream is utterly confusing, my original arrived 4 weeks prior to the sales, that's how long it was, and I got mine as soon as it was available on Target.com.

Barricade is so confusing, he is rumored to be in Netflix and the Galactic Odyssey sets. Where he ends up is up in the air at this point.

Knight Rider as the next crossover has to be in the cards, there just isn't a way it's not. It would be so cool to see a toy of KARR from the 2008 Knight Rider show too, since he was a TF!

You said robots with mullets, and now I'm thinking DotM wreckers and their hairstyles.

SS Blitzwing is a fantastic toy, and cliff is definitely pretty lackluster. I'm just glad Blitzwing they got right on the first try, it seems the Bee movie toys need 2 tries to get them right (VW --> Jeep Bee; car --> jet Shatter; copter --> car Dropkick; Cliff bad on first go). the voyagers were the ones they got right from the get go.

A-HA! Ari loves Doubledealer! He is such a great toy, he is my favorite figure from all of Earthrise!!! His Archangel mode is the best mode you can put him in, that's how I have him displayed!!!!

I enjoy that Cyberverse Skullcruncher. It's a pretty nifty toy. Lots of fun to me.

Cobs is completely right with shaving some pegs down. A lot of mine needed shaved: Megatron's mace needed a lot of work, the axe and ion blaster also need some work but not quite as much as the mace. And Ironhide and Reflector both needed pegs worked on. Shockwave did too thinking about it. It had some fun stuff in it, but the quality wasn't quite up to snuff.

Good show all!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "transformers robots in disguise. Lot MIB, Strongarm and Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction SLOG Voyager Class Dinobot Factory Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AD-14 JOLT Movie Advanced Series Takara Complete Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Powertrain Highjump Micromaster MOC" on EBAY
Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Robots in Disguise Hasbro 2002 Basic Used as pictured" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY