Twincast / Podcast Episode #272 "Total Commanders"
Sunday, March 21st, 2021 12:50pm CDTCategories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus Views: 32,725
Episode #272 “Total Commanders” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio and many other Podcatcher sites within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.
Here's what we discuss in this episode:
- Bragging rights first! Y'all said it would never happen (ya heathens), but here we have a proper brag to kick us off.
- We revisit Commander Class Rodimus Prime, whose trailer is now the talk of the town - or rather, Rodimus' integration with the trailer. We banter on whether this is the proper configuration or a transformation error where the cab should be set farther back.
- Naturally, where there's Rodimus, there's Galvatron - with the newly revealed purple herald of Unicron finally confirmed in a new, Leader Class incarnation. But is he.... good?
- Netflix next - deluxes have been showing up in stores, and voyagers and a not-so-spoilery spoiler box are up for preorder at Walmart and Pulse. This is fine. Everything is fine.
- Beast Wars reissues are up and available. Great for 90s babies, every one else can pound sand.
- We end the show with Pulse Fan Fest - it is upon us! Make sure to tune in for the Transformers brand panel with upcoming product reveals. The next Titan Class toy is on the block - who will it be???
Most Popular Transformers News
New Video Review of Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Voyager Class Optimus Primal and Rattrap21,874 views
Most Recent Transformers News
TFSource News - MP-53 Skids & MP54 Reboost, 52 Toys, Joy Toy, TW Knight Orion & More!Posted 7 hours ago
Posted by Hydrargyrus on March 24th, 2021 @ 10:43pm CDT
It looks like there's (the way I see it) more evidence for mistransformation that there is against it. If the spoiler is perhaps attached to the car toward the back, it could be connected with a sort of 'track' to allow it to slide forward a bit. If it did so by just a couple inches (or maybe just one? I'm not great at judging physical size based on these photos), a handful things would line up:
1. Obviously, the car would protrude less from the trailer, and the spoiler would sit closer to the windshield.
2. Those tabs on the side of the car would line up, and presumably connect to, the red bits that the exhaust pipes are connected to on the trailer.
3. The front wheels of the trailer would be aligned with the back wheel of the car, leaving it with just three sets of wheels.
4. There would be less, but still some, visible exhaust pipe on the car protruding beyond the trailer.
All of these (well, not the tab thing) would better match the G1 toy. Also, looking at said toy, I found out that it had the spoiler visible in a slot on the trailer as well, which I was not aware of. I think this new toy would have looked better without replicating that, though.
Aside from that, this episode did manage to keep my attention despite its tangents and distractions, so good job on that.
Posted by Counterpunch on March 25th, 2021 @ 11:08am CDT
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2021 @ 4:23pm CDT
I am very conflicted on that Rodimus Prime. I still wish he had been a leader instead of Commander, I think they didn't use that budget for this line as smartly as they could have.
Galvatron has looked better in more recent photos, but he's still not my favorite thing.
Jealous of the SS Starscream, but i am OK with my amazon order to arrive at that time.
that Quintesson and rusticon look pretty neat, and it entertains me that rusticon is basically a camo pattern. He really does need to go with Duck Camo Convoy now.
I hope I see those walmart reissue beasts in stores, I won't go out of my way to get them, but I'd like to see them and be given a good in-hand option
Posted by ScottyP on March 31st, 2021 @ 12:55pm CDT
Good thoughts on Rodimus, and this last comment definitely made me smile, so thank you!Hydrargyrus wrote:Aside from that, this episode did manage to keep my attention despite its tangents and distractions, so good job on that.