Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up"

Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up"

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 11:39am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 38,909

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Actor Tyrese Gibson having played roles in the first, second and presumably the third Transformers films comments on Megan's withdrawal from the project. He says in the following video "I don't know exactly what went down" implying not even some of the film's cast know what's up with Fox. To view the video click here.

Credit(s): MTV


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078504)
Posted by Sid Burn on May 25th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
hmmm, I dont know. Still cant shake the feeling this is Michael Bay's most elaborate misdirection to date.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078548)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 25th, 2010 @ 2:42pm CDT
Really? How can anyone not figure out why she is not in the next movie?
She badmouthed Micheal Bay, and he bitch slapped her for it! Simple as that.
Probably the only reason Labouf got away with saying the last movie was bad is because he doesn't look like a barbie doll.

And he picked a Victoria Secret model to replace her too... SurEly tHiSh miChEaL bAY isH a MaAN oF HiGh stANDardS!
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078555)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 25th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
Did they even share a scene together?
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078586)
Posted by LiKwid on May 25th, 2010 @ 4:25pm CDT
This coming from a guy who literally never had a hit movie until transformers..Yeah tyrese your opinion is so vital... #-o
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078606)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 25th, 2010 @ 5:37pm CDT
I've said it before and I'll say it again:Removing a main character that isn't Leo is a bad decision....
Anyhow, eh I think TF3 is gonna be bad now just because in general I don't think people like recasts...
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078612)
Posted by Blurrz on May 25th, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
Tyrese is a pretty cool guy. Really looking forward to TF3.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078614)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 25th, 2010 @ 6:00pm CDT
I agree with that, I liked him alot on part 1, if any humans deserve more time, the soldiers should, they were a bit more interesting...

TF3....I don't know, seemed to have everything going for it(minus Leo) I just hope it still turns out fine.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078649)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 25th, 2010 @ 7:42pm CDT
I just hope she never gets casted to act in another movie again. Just think of all the starving children we could feed with that $ she makes! Or put that money that directors would usually pay her with into somthing of more value...in the damn trashcan in the back of McDonalds, atleast the bums that normally come around would be rich. ;)
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078720)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 26th, 2010 @ 1:51am CDT
Tyrese is about on par as an actor as Megan. So, his opinion means very little to me.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078736)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 26th, 2010 @ 3:44am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:Really? How can anyone not figure out why she is not in the next movie?
She badmouthed Micheal Bay, and he bitch slapped her for it! Simple as that.
Probably the only reason Labouf got away with saying the last movie was bad is because he doesn't look like a barbie doll.

And he picked a Victoria Secret model to replace her too... SurEly tHiSh miChEaL bAY isH a MaAN oF HiGh stANDardS!

No the reason he got away with it was the fact that he didn't attack anybody personally and was very professional about what he said about ROTF. He just said that in the end it didn't really work the way everybody involved wanted it to work and not that Micheal Bay sucks and his movies ruin his career.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078882)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 26th, 2010 @ 11:06am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:Really? How can anyone not figure out why she is not in the next movie?
She badmouthed Micheal Bay, and he bitch slapped her for it! Simple as that.
Probably the only reason Labouf got away with saying the last movie was bad is because he doesn't look like a barbie doll.

And he picked a Victoria Secret model to replace her too... SurEly tHiSh miChEaL bAY isH a MaAN oF HiGh stANDardS!

No the reason he got away with it was the fact that he didn't attack anybody personally and was very professional about what he said about ROTF. He just said that in the end it didn't really work the way everybody involved wanted it to work and not that Micheal Bay sucks and his movies ruin his career.

Yeah, that too.

My point is that Micheal Bay is a big freakin baby, and an arse of course.
But, some of the best directors are arses too. Then again they usually can put up with their actors criticisms because they are just that professional themselves.

Whatever the case, I'm kinda glad about this recast.
In part because Megan Fox couldn't act, but mostly due to the fact a large number of lifeless nerds were garnered to the last movie by her arse.

Still the movie will never bomb, not by a longshot.
But that will mostly be because of the stupid kids, y'know kinda like the Shrek series.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1078905)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 26th, 2010 @ 11:59am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Vicalliose wrote:Really? How can anyone not figure out why she is not in the next movie?
She badmouthed Micheal Bay, and he bitch slapped her for it! Simple as that.
Probably the only reason Labouf got away with saying the last movie was bad is because he doesn't look like a barbie doll.

And he picked a Victoria Secret model to replace her too... SurEly tHiSh miChEaL bAY isH a MaAN oF HiGh stANDardS!

No the reason he got away with it was the fact that he didn't attack anybody personally and was very professional about what he said about ROTF. He just said that in the end it didn't really work the way everybody involved wanted it to work and not that Micheal Bay sucks and his movies ruin his career.


He was also willing to criticize himself and what he could have done better to improve things as well. That is something you NEVER hear about with the younger actors these days and I commend him for having that kind of maturity. As for the Fox situation, all we have is conjecture and a lot of cynical, narrow minded fans spouting off a bunch of crap and thinking their opinions are gospel, so for now I'm not going to speculate what/who was the ultimate final straw leading to Fox leaving. The real stars of the movie are the VA's and the CGI guys anyways as far as I'm concerned. The humans are just supporting cast.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1079026)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 26th, 2010 @ 5:43pm CDT
We're still wondering why she left? It doesn't matter why she left. She's still gone. Sure "It's crazy to see the band get broken up", but it's bit late now, yes?
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1079387)
Posted by Lastjustice on May 27th, 2010 @ 5:27pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:We're still wondering why she left? It doesn't matter why she left. She's still gone. Sure "It's crazy to see the band get broken up", but it's bit late now, yes?


I'm thinking she's starring have a nervous breakdown. She completely wigged out over someone sneaking on to set of whatever film she was on and photographing her nude despite it already happening once before. Not saying that makes it ok, but any negative press you'd got from those sort of things leaking out likely would taken whatever toll on your career they were going to already. The damage has been done, and you lived it down once already.

I'd prefer they kill her character off rather than recast her. (or have someone recast as her long enough to get blown up.) recasting feels cheap always, as much as people don't like Megaan Fox, she is Miekayla Banes.I'd rather they just took her out and used it as a plot point as will do more for the movie. Provided they don't get someone who's an even worse actor but of course hotter to fill her role as the love interest.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1079434)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 27th, 2010 @ 8:04pm CDT
Lastjustice wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:We're still wondering why she left? It doesn't matter why she left. She's still gone. Sure "It's crazy to see the band get broken up", but it's bit late now, yes?


I'm thinking she's starring have a nervous breakdown. She completely wigged out over someone sneaking on to set of whatever film she was on and photographing her nude despite it already happening once before. Not saying that makes it ok, but any negative press you'd got from those sort of things leaking out likely would taken whatever toll on your career they were going to already. The damage has been done, and you lived it down once already.

I'd prefer they kill her character off rather than recast her. (or have someone recast as her long enough to get blown up.) recasting feels cheap always, as much as people don't like Megaan Fox, she is Miekayla Banes.I'd rather they just took her out and used it as a plot point as will do more for the movie. Provided they don't get someone who's an even worse actor but of course hotter to fill her role as the love interest.

I'd rather Sam and Mikaela break up in the time-skip between ROTF and 3, and the new girl be cast as Carly.

But then...that's just me.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1079448)
Posted by Lastjustice on May 27th, 2010 @ 8:53pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Lastjustice wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:We're still wondering why she left? It doesn't matter why she left. She's still gone. Sure "It's crazy to see the band get broken up", but it's bit late now, yes?


I'm thinking she's starring have a nervous breakdown. She completely wigged out over someone sneaking on to set of whatever film she was on and photographing her nude despite it already happening once before. Not saying that makes it ok, but any negative press you'd got from those sort of things leaking out likely would taken whatever toll on your career they were going to already. The damage has been done, and you lived it down once already.

I'd prefer they kill her character off rather than recast her. (or have someone recast as her long enough to get blown up.) recasting feels cheap always, as much as people don't like Megaan Fox, she is Miekayla Banes.I'd rather they just took her out and used it as a plot point as will do more for the movie. Provided they don't get someone who's an even worse actor but of course hotter to fill her role as the love interest.

I'd rather Sam and Mikaela break up in the time-skip between ROTF and 3, and the new girl be cast as Carly.

But then...that's just me.


Storywise they'd have absolutely no reason to break up. Their relationship was only stronger at the end of the ROTF than it had ever been. Someone dies and comes back to life only saying they love you, you hang on to them for dear life then. Her dying by Decepticons would be the best fit, though she could die by something mundane like a car accident. Having the bad guys be the cause makes the most sense, since it actually advances the story. Her just randomly breaking up or dying just like huh what? It's a highly unnatural turn.
Re: Tyrese Gibson: "It's Crazy to See the Band Get Broken Up" (1079459)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 27th, 2010 @ 9:42pm CDT
Sid Burn wrote:hmmm, I dont know. Still cant shake the feeling this is Michael Bay's most elaborate misdirection to date.


Normally, you and I agree on quite a bit, but I have to disagree with you here.

His misdirections were getting bigger and bigger as time went on, but for her spokesperson and Paramount themselves to come forward and say she's gone...that's just not the kind of power Bay has.

Besides, if it was a ploy, it could bring her really bad press and she needs a lot less of that right now.

Pulling a prank like that could be a career killer. Quitting the franchise could be too, but punking the public definitely could be.

No, this time, I think it's legit and Bay had nothing to do with her quitting. By now, he'd have made a comment on it. He hasn't.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Grimlock Blaster And Data Discs" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY