"Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item"

"Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item"

Friday, February 1st, 2008 4:25pm CST

Categories: Press Releases, Collectables
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 17,467

An article has appeared on 24-7 Press Release about the current popularity of the (movie) Transformers. And in particular Ultimate Bumblebee. The article goes into detail on how the Ultimate Bumblebee collectable has become hard to find. Perhaps not news to the avid Transformers collector, but a nice read all the same.

Read

Credit(s): www.24-7pressrelease.com

Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620560)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 1st, 2008 @ 4:38pm CST
Wow. I am surprised this was linked as news.

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com is a site where anyone can pay $49 dollars to have a "press release" written.

The person who wrote this "press release" is a seller on the amazon.com marketplace and is promoting their "Transformers BumbleBee HQ" web site, which just contains links to their amazon seller accoint where you can buy Ultimate Bumblebee for the low price of $159.99 plus shipping. :roll:
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620567)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 1st, 2008 @ 4:47pm CST
I haven't seen him since Christmas,On one hand I feel like I missed out, but on the other, if I realy wanted him, I'd have scored him right away like I normal do.

If I see him and have the money at the time, I'll probably get hism for prosperities sake, but he may just be the one that got away.

Ether way...
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620571)
Posted by Raymond T. on February 1st, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Wow. I am surprised this was linked as news.

It's a slow news week, okay?! :P

And as you may have noticed, I did refer to it as an article, and not a "press release" :wink:
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620583)
Posted by cor2879 on February 1st, 2008 @ 5:01pm CST
I snagged one of these back at Christmas time at the local Target for about $55US. It was a pretty good deal since they retail for around $90 and go on Ebay for even more. On the down side though it's one of the most uncool transformers toys I've ever owned. The sounds it makes are pretty annoying and it doesn't really have good articulation. Still it's worth having for the collectability aspect.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620594)
Posted by First Gen on February 1st, 2008 @ 5:10pm CST
They didn't appeal to me then, and not now. I'd rather have an MP for that kinda cash. If I had that kinda cash to spare that is.

Such is Botcon dreams, washed away, washed away.......
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620600)
Posted by Nujevad on February 1st, 2008 @ 5:18pm CST
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620622)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 1st, 2008 @ 5:43pm CST
Raymond T. wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Wow. I am surprised this was linked as news.

It's a slow news week, okay?! :P

Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620646)
Posted by Talous on February 1st, 2008 @ 6:01pm CST
I haven't seen one of these since before Christmas. They didn't intrest me then and, frankly, I'm still not intrested.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620649)
Posted by microclone on February 1st, 2008 @ 6:03pm CST
this is they type of sideline toy that doesnt appeal to me, its ugly, over the top, the beauty of transformers is/was their simplicity, classic takara. this is they type of item that might appeal to a general guy pulled into the hobby for a few months by the movie because its BB and it big and its called ultimate, id rather own the legends version.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620660)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 1st, 2008 @ 6:12pm CST
I did not like Ultimate Bumblebee at all. I was so glad that I was able to return it and get my money back. I would rather buy 8 deluxes than one ultimate.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620679)
Posted by Raymond T. on February 1st, 2008 @ 6:28pm CST
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I didn't mean to sound critical of the news reporting. Sorry! I appreciate the work of the news crew here.
No offense was taken. 8)
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620710)
Posted by Agent 007 on February 1st, 2008 @ 7:04pm CST
I'll add my hate to Ult BB, you don't get youre moneys worth!
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620778)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on February 1st, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
I was able to score one early but I still kinda regret spending $80.00 for em at WalMart
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620810)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 1st, 2008 @ 9:35pm CST
I saw one on clearance before or right after Xmas for $55.

I still passed on it.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620868)
Posted by First Gen on February 1st, 2008 @ 11:38pm CST
Nujevad wrote:I don't like him, at all. I don't even wanna buy the bootleg version of him, even though it was 1:1 scale, has working electronics and is selling at 1/4 the price. To me, it just screams "Ugly piece of ****".

Bootleg? Where. I've never heard or seen it. Gotta link to one?
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (620920)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 2nd, 2008 @ 12:53am CST
I did like the vehicle mode a lot but $80 for a toy car? No.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (621001)
Posted by Rijie on February 2nd, 2008 @ 6:29am CST
I'm on the bandwagon here. Ult BB is overrated and definitely not worth the $90 MSRP, much less $150+ online. He doesn't stand very well at all, and simply has crap articulation for a toy his size and cost. He's not the worst display piece ever, but he's pretty much junk for the money. For hardcore Bumblebee fanatics only. Otherwise, sick the the Deluxe version.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (621310)
Posted by woosh on February 2nd, 2008 @ 1:40pm CST
Buying the ultimate BB is a proof for insanity.
Worst bumblebee ever.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (621495)
Posted by El Duque on February 2nd, 2008 @ 6:51pm CST
I really figured this guy was destined to be a shelf clogger and eventaully finds his way to the clearance isle for $30.00, guess I was wrong. Oh well, had he ended up on clearance I probably would have picked him up, but never really wanted him to begin with.
Re: "Ultimate Bumblebee; Hot Item" (621513)
Posted by No Death for Prowl on February 2nd, 2008 @ 7:28pm CST
I'll throw some appreciation Ultimate BB's way.

He's a very cool display piece, a behemoth of a TF. Considering that I bought Masterpiece Prime for $70 and Ultimate BB(which was a gift but I know cost $80) towers over him, at least I can feel like the prices are comparable in amount of robot that I'm getting. BB is still overpriced and I would like to have seen a few more features, but I would feel more cheated if I spent $100+ plus for an MP Megatron that I would be afraid to transform or an MP Skywarp that 2x the price of the MP Starscream that I have while being the same figure with some different paint.

The transformation is challenging, but not anymore difficult than an Alternator; in fact, I would say it's easier than most Alts and I find it to be a pretty entertaining process. He stands quite assuredly; if you have stability problems with BB, perhaps it is because his legs are not in the proper position? The 1st leg joing from the body should be at a 90 degree angle to the remainder of the leg; he is very stable that way.

The sound effects are like most sound effects and can get tiresome if overused.

I can't recommend Ult BB to everyone; if you have to scrounge up the money, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you're an adult collector looking for a nice display piece that also can be a fun conversation point while being sturdy enough to handle abuse from kids, then I think he's a worthy addition to your collection.

I can understand the criticism of BB, but I think the toy has its merits, too.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Megatronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Liege Maximo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Chromia, Arcee, and Elita-1 Figures NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix WFC Deluxe Class Elita-1 Walmart Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY