Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K.

Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K.

Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 11:50am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 25,254

Our own Crumplezone has reported news about new Transformers Movie toy sighting. He has let us know that Ultimate Bumblebee has been released in the United Kingdom. Here is what he reported:

"Just came from my local TRU (Northampton) where I found ULTIMATE BUMBLEBEE. Sorry for the shouting but I think this is the first movie toy in brick and morta stores that we have beaten the US with. (Don't quote me on that tho). Mini review as I did not purchase him.

He stands about the same height and width as Supreme Unicron and supreme Cyb Star Scream and seems to weight about the same. I stood a boxed Primus next to him for comparison and he seemed to tower over Primus much the same as Star Scream does. The box is nice (no pictures I'm afraid) with more cardbaord and less plastic that the other boxed movie figures have. It also comes with a flapped section (I forgot to look under it). He was listed to have Light up eyes, head lights, rear lights with moving head, wings (doors), arm cannon auto fire as well as phrases and music from the movie, And car alarm noise.

The plastic seemed to be on par with most of the movie line so nothing special there. His chest behind the car panelling looks like the surface of the All Spark Cube.

Other than that all I can tell you is that this will set you back 79.99 yes 80 pounds. To me way to much for what is a slightly more glorified Supreme figure. (for people in the US thats $160).

Thought I should mention they had Primus for half price as well 25 pounds."

Credit(s): Crumplezone

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229137)
Posted by Hotrod on July 18th, 2007 @ 11:53am CDT
Front paged and credited!
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229174)
Posted by Redimus on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:10pm CDT
Bonger wrote:Well, no more disgruntled brits now huh?

You need your head checking if you think any of us are less disgruntled atthe prospect of getting an okish tf for more than it costs us to import f**king MP tfs...

£80, hasblo can f**k right of with that.

To put it in comparison, my three most expencive tf purchases ever were:
MP Starscream; aprox £69
MP Megatron; aprox £71
G1 Reissue Megatron; £75

All included postage in the price, where as this is £80, and I have to traips down to the closest TrU (not very close) to get it.

Screw that.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229219)
Posted by BigBot on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:28pm CDT
Also, slightly less disgruntled brits, the Blackout & Scorponok double pack is out

http://www.thetransformers.net/newsstor ... ewsID=1972
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229277)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:49pm CDT
Isnt he suppose to be around $80 here in the states?
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229304)
Posted by decepticonjon on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:56pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Isnt he suppose to be around $80 here in the states?

try 40-45.. same price as the other two movie leaders
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229310)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 18th, 2007 @ 12:57pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Isnt he suppose to be around $80 here in the states?

Yes but wile Europe gets not only like %75 of TF you in the USA get, we also get it to a higer price!
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229324)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 18th, 2007 @ 1:04pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Isnt he suppose to be around $80 here in the states?

We get everything at a higher price.

Most companys seem to have this special exchange rate where $1 = £1.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229342)
Posted by OptimusShr on July 18th, 2007 @ 1:08pm CDT
Holy crap. I feel sorry for you guys having to pay that, until he goes on clearance anyway. I think that's what we'll do here as well.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229364)
Posted by City Commander on July 18th, 2007 @ 1:14pm CDT
Redimus wrote:
Bonger wrote:Well, no more disgruntled brits now huh?

£80, hasblo can f**k right of with that.

To put it in comparison, my three most expencive tf purchases ever were:
MP Starscream; aprox £69
MP Megatron; aprox £71
G1 Reissue Megatron; £75

Screw that.

Yar. He should be no more than £40 here, if the yanks pay $80. Why should we pay more or less $160 for the same figure?
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229378)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 18th, 2007 @ 1:18pm CDT
The Master Blaster wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Bonger wrote:Well, no more disgruntled brits now huh?

£80, hasblo can f**k right of with that.

To put it in comparison, my three most expencive tf purchases ever were:
MP Starscream; aprox £69
MP Megatron; aprox £71
G1 Reissue Megatron; £75

Screw that.

Don't worry he'll go on clerance, nobody will buy that for there Kids!
Trust me, I got Unicron at Argos for 50 quid as he first came out, 6 months later he was just 30 quid, then during Energon he went for 25 at TK-Max!
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229381)
Posted by Redimus on July 18th, 2007 @ 1:19pm CDT
The Master Blaster wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Bonger wrote:Well, no more disgruntled brits now huh?

£80, hasblo can f**k right of with that.

To put it in comparison, my three most expencive tf purchases ever were:
MP Starscream; aprox £69
MP Megatron; aprox £71
G1 Reissue Megatron; £75

Screw that.

Even ignoring what the yanks pay for him, he simply isnt worth that kinda money, as far as Ive seen he does noething particularly new or inotive, he's just a relativly simple and large transformer with a lot of electronic dohikies that will get very boring very quickly.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (229766)
Posted by Kayevcee on July 18th, 2007 @ 4:31pm CDT
As I said on the forums yesterday, he's in the Glasgow Govan branch too. Govan and Northampton. Not the first places you think of when someone says 'world first', especially with it being the most expensive TF ever released in the EU (at retail- I'm sure some import shops have charged insane money for stuff like the Soundwave reissue).

Yeah. He in no way looks like he's worth the money, and the Try Me button is really hard to activate. You have to press down hard on it and wiggle it about or it doesn't do anything.

-Nick
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (230061)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 18th, 2007 @ 6:52pm CDT
Wow, he is first seen in the UK, before the film has even been released!

Price is about what I expected though ie. a complete rip-off.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (230066)
Posted by sparty2304 on July 18th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
Redimus wrote:
The Master Blaster wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Bonger wrote:Well, no more disgruntled brits now huh?

£80, hasblo can f**k right of with that.

To put it in comparison, my three most expencive tf purchases ever were:
MP Starscream; aprox £69
MP Megatron; aprox £71
G1 Reissue Megatron; £75

Screw that.

not sure to many of us "yanks" are willing to pay the $80-$100 for him either!
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (230868)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 19th, 2007 @ 3:48am CDT
I really hate to think what Australia will be paying for this...
(I live in Glasgow, Scotland though :p)
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (232419)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 19th, 2007 @ 8:48pm CDT
decepticonjon wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Isnt he suppose to be around $80 here in the states?

try 40-45.. same price as the other two movie leaders

Nope, you're incorrect. M_W has the correct price. He's the size of a Supreme but has animatronic features incorporated. Hence the price.

$79.88 @ Wal-Mart, with an expected release date of September 15th.

Way too much money for how little he actually gives the buyer.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (233056)
Posted by Redimus on July 20th, 2007 @ 4:41am CDT
sparty2304 wrote:not sure to many of us "yanks" are willing to pay the $80-$100 for him either!

It's still a damnslight less money than we are paying...

$100 vs $160...
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (233096)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 20th, 2007 @ 5:31am CDT
Redimus wrote:

It's still a damnslight less money than we are paying...

$100 vs $160...

Then quit bitching and don't buy him.

You're constantly negative, you know that? It's an endless, painful cycle that goes on and on and on. Seriously, give it a rest already.

I'm American, I'm not a "yank". I think the price is atrocious whether he's $80.00 or 160.00 and I won't pay either price for him. I'll wait for clearance or not at all, but I'm not going to bitch about it.

I'm not going to say "Oh look, the Kiwis got something new before we did! Damn them and their '08 Bumbles!" why? Because it's rude (and to some perhaps even offensive, sorry, using this only as an example) and it's ridiculous to get pissed off over some other country getting a toy a few weeks before we do.

Look, I'm sorry that Hasbro hasn't handled it's market in your area better, but that's not our faults, and bitching about the prices will get you nowhere. Just don't buy it!
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (233104)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 20th, 2007 @ 5:44am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Redimus wrote:

It's still a damnslight less money than we are paying...

$100 vs $160...

Then quit bitching and don't buy him.

Bit harsh, I dont think that Redimus called anyone a "yank". He is pretty negative about these things but he is right that we do get constantly stuffed in the UK. Its not just Hasbro that do it, everything is more expensive in the UK and for no good reason. Look at the PS3 for example. We pay more and our machines wont run a lot of the PS2 games cos they took the emulation chip out to save money!

As long as its not a personal attack I dont see anything wrong with venting concern at being ripped off or not treated fairly.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Out In the U.K. (235131)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 21st, 2007 @ 5:25am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Redimus wrote:

It's still a damnslight less money than we are paying...

$100 vs $160...

Then quit bitching and don't buy him.

Actually, he did refer to us as yanks.

Also, I truly do feel your pain for being overcharged ridiculous amounts for no reason other than greed. (Perhaps if the extra proceeds were going to charity or something...)
And there's nothing wrong with venting, as long as it's handled properly.

And yeah, I'll admit, aside from the G2 figures (such as the Obliteraters, which are nothing short of fantastic people, buy 'em.) and the European release of Overlord and the like (which we never got here...) Hasbro truly has dropped the ball with you guys, and considering the population of the entire European sections of the world....I'd say they screwed you to cut corners. Doesn't make it right though.

I truly have no axe to grind with Redimus, I will admit he irks me with his attitude and some of his posts though.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY