Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line?

Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line?

Friday, January 16th, 2009 12:20pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 23,615

Thanks to a pre-order page on redmercury.co.jp, we have our bit of info on the new Ultimate Bumblebee toy. This new version will sport a more accurate paint scheme, a new arm weapon as well as a remolded flip-down battle mask!

See the listing by clicking here

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): redmercury.co.jp

Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (867994)
Posted by Optimus Sinan on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:26pm CST
Still wont buy any Ultimate bbee :roll:
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (867999)
Posted by Overcracker on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:32pm CST
Not that I have any interest in buying, him, but what... no body kit that's just lame.

As a side note, neither of the prototype faces match the one on the deluxe figure we saw before. I'm smelling Target exclusives again with different heads.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868000)
Posted by Sledge on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:38pm CST
I don't normally find myself saying this because I understand that we all have different tastes, but: who cares? Aren't stores still trying to get rid of the original Ultimate BB?
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868005)
Posted by Skowl on January 16th, 2009 @ 12:47pm CST

The full-body shot of Ultimate Bumblebee is the stock photo from the 2007 version, not the new ROTF one.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868017)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:12pm CST
Still dont want it
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868019)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:15pm CST
a new weapon and new head wont get me to pay 100 again for him, unless they come out with a bonus pack like the walmart one i got with 2 deluxe figs
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868023)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:19pm CST
If they didn't make it so, that the weapon can fold back, and a normal hand can be seen, it will be as the original: a big piece of FAIL.

If they make it available with normal hands, I'll consider buying one.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868027)
Posted by Savage on January 16th, 2009 @ 1:25pm CST
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868043)
Posted by Robinson on January 16th, 2009 @ 2:18pm CST
Savage wrote:Meh. If they had retooled the chest to be more movie-accurate I'd probably buy it, but as it stands, I'll pass. Again.

Skowl wrote:It's worth noting that the only new thing in that image is the shot of the prototype heads.

Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868091)
Posted by Agent 007 on January 16th, 2009 @ 3:18pm CST
pass I didn't get this pos the first time and a new head, body kit and blaster won't change that.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868127)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 16th, 2009 @ 4:09pm CST
This figure was horrible. I am so glad I returned it. It would have been better if it was a MASTERPIECE Bumblebee. Too many gimmicks and lack of posability killed this figure.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868204)
Posted by Barrelass on January 16th, 2009 @ 6:08pm CST
I personally like the original Bumblebee. It makes a nice centerpiece for my movie collection. But the one big flaw (other than his backpack) IMO was having a gun arm as opposed to a regular hand. This is the one improvement that would make me consider buying a second one. If I can find it under $50 I may still consider buying one if I have money burning a hole in my pocket, but there are way too many things that are a priority without changes that make this significantly better.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868255)
Posted by Stormrider on January 16th, 2009 @ 7:05pm CST
I've always considered this to be the biggest waste of money from the Movie line. For an oversized/overpriced toy, they should have focused more on making the details accurate instead of loading it with gimmicks. Both modes look silly.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868338)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 16th, 2009 @ 9:29pm CST

Mmmmh...Cliffjumper repaint, perhaps ?
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868435)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 17th, 2009 @ 3:37am CST
Bumblebeast wrote:Am I the only one who likes his Ultimate Bumblebee ? I like mine. The light and sounds look pretty cool, and the autofire cannon is kinda fun. The rubber tires are awesome. I would be dissapointed if they come with a better one, because i'd be stuck with TWO of them !!!

Mmmmh...Cliffjumper repaint, perhaps ?

I like mine too i would also like a cliff jumper repaint.
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868583)
Posted by dragons on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:38am CST
if you ask me this is what they should have done with the first bumblebee instead of the misteak the made the first time around for a figure this size it should have had these features before not after
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868589)
Posted by *Soundwave* on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:49am CST
I'll get it, I always wanted the first one, so why not get the better one?

I tend to like things that ppl hate :shock:
Re: Ultimate Bumblebee Toy Remolded for ROTF Line? (868591)
Posted by Firebird on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:55am CST
Meh, I passed on it the first time and I will pass on it again.

I remember when Ultimate Bumblebee was first announced for the first movie, and I was expecting a masterpiece or at least Alternators styled figure. Instead we got a gimmick loaded movie inaccurate kiddy toy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY