Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com

Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com

Sunday, April 27th, 2008 12:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 17,295

BigBadToyStore.com has put up the much anticipated Classic Ultra Magnus Armor set City Commander. You can place your preorder here for only $76.99. With this set you can give a little extra spice and personality to your Classic Ultra Magnus who is a white repaint of Optimus Prime. Only 2000 sets are going to be made, and each will be individually numbered.

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore.com, DavidT

This article was last modified on Sunday, April 27th, 2008 12:36pm CDT

Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688134)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on April 27th, 2008 @ 12:36pm CDT
Thanks for the heads up! The story has been posted.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688136)
Posted by Sid Burn on April 27th, 2008 @ 12:45pm CDT
preordered two, I though it was pretty pricy as well, but it is a very limited run
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688137)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 27th, 2008 @ 12:49pm CDT
I got my 2 reserved. Still I wonder if any of the other sites will try and undersell them?
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688142)
Posted by Tekka on April 27th, 2008 @ 12:55pm CDT
Preordered! Woot!
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688148)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:05pm CDT
Preordered 2.

BOOM.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688149)
Posted by Sunstar on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:06pm CDT
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688154)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:17pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:Brutally ugly. I may have UM, but I am not gonna waste $$ on that sort of hidious bulk,

Magnus is a big bot... What did you expect something like this to look like considering it's an add-on kit????
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688157)
Posted by bcm77 on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:19pm CDT
I ordered one as well. I wasn't a big fan of the Cliffjumper upgrade set but this one looks excellent. The price is about what I was expecting and if Prime's trailer comes in at the same sort of price I'll be happy enough. Roll on September!!!
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688163)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:25pm CDT
Oh how I would love to preorder this but I don't know if I'll have that amount of money by then

I think gas prices by then might be well over $4 a gallon
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688166)
Posted by Maldroth on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:30pm CDT
I preordered mine right away. Even if BBTS gets undercut (which is likely they do tend to be higher priced) I knew I didn't want to miss out on the chance to own this armor considering how nice the Cliffjumper set turned out. Sadly I passed on that one and the price is way too high to get it.

This is going to be a great fall for my Classics collection.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688172)
Posted by Craven Knight on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:37pm CDT
Nah, too rich for my blood :-( looks good though but that's just too much money for what it is.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688173)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:39pm CDT
Well, if it was closer to 50$ I'd be ordering one, but until I get a job I can't plop down more money than I'm already doing on stuff.
I need to stop spending cash I don't have.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688174)
Posted by El Duque on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:40pm CDT
Placed my preorder, might go back and preorder another. This about what I figured it would cost, really I figured it might be a bit higher. What I'm curious about now is how it looks in trailer mode.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688176)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:42pm CDT
Wasn't this soposed to be like $50?

Well I can't afford it at that price plus shipping.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688182)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 27th, 2008 @ 1:49pm CDT
You know, I'm torn. By the time this probably comes out, we'll be knee deep in Animated Figures and Universe 2.0 as well. That 85 bucks could go a long way. I'm on the fence...
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688204)
Posted by Maldroth on April 27th, 2008 @ 2:24pm CDT

There were some pictures floating around of the mockups of the trailer and it looked really good. Only thing we haven't seen is the coloring.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688241)
Posted by First-Aid on April 27th, 2008 @ 3:12pm CDT
Pre-ordered...I can't wait for this...it's gonna rock.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688242)
Posted by rpetras on April 27th, 2008 @ 3:13pm CDT
Maldroth wrote:look at it this way if you really like the look and want a complete Ultra Magnus you can pay that price, or once it's sold out you'll see it for $200+ on ebay like the Cliffjumper set.

Personally I thought the Cliffjumper set was over priced and overrated. I bought a Valkfan head and was completely happy.

THIS on the other hand is SWEET! Pricey, yes, I would have preferred a higher production run, and lower price, but this, i feel, is worth it.
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688247)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on April 27th, 2008 @ 3:16pm CDT
I pre-ordered... first I've ever done that for some custom kit... but it doesn't come out until September, so I have all the money for it by then..
Re: Ultra Magnus "City Commander" Armor Set Up for Preorder at BigBadToyStore.com (688250)
Posted by El Duque on April 27th, 2008 @ 3:18pm CDT
How do you contact this Valkfan guy and how much did he charge? I just want a proper Cliffjumper head I could care less about the guns.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY