Transformers News: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC

Monday, October 7th, 2019 1:43AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 22,974

This past week at New York Comic-Con, Hasbro had an unboxing event for the remaining Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE products for Fall 2019. Seibertron.com attended the event and we are now able to share the pictures with all of you. The figures we got to unbox were Leader Class Astrotrain, Voyager Class Apeface, Deluxe Class Spinister and Crosshairs, Battle Masters Rung and Singe, and Micromasters Rumble, Ratbat, Direct-Hit and Power Punch. Some of the highlights are below. You can check out the full gallery of 200 images from the unboxing event in our NYCC 2019 event gallery section or by clicking on any of the images below.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041040)
Posted by Emerje on October 7th, 2019 @ 2:56am CDT
Sideswipe G-Win wrote:Is anyone else unhappy that the Cybertronian look was just dropped in favour of Earth modes? I'm all G1 and I love the new reveals for Earthrise, but I'm really bummed out that most of the G1 Autobot roster won't be finished in the Cybetronian forms. Has there been any word on this from Hasbro? (I'm new, so please no flame-blasts for my not being up to date!) :)

The way things are going I'm guessing the third part will be movie based or later meaning a return to Cybertronian/futuristic alt modes. Whether they did Earthrise now or as the third part with some planet hopping in between they were always going to do Earth based line as part of the trilogy. And really, was anyone expecting mini Masterpieces? I'm very happy with the progression of War for Cybertron.

Emerje
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041053)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 7th, 2019 @ 6:54am CDT

Nope. I’m super happy. The couple of Seige figures I actually kept for myself are now getting tossed to my kids. I cared very little for siege, and Earthrise is like a breath of fresh air.

That said, if the siege line sold well for Hasbro, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some more of these cybertronian forms showing up later on. Only time will tell, but Hasbro loves money far more than they love consistency.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041055)
Posted by Lore Keeper on October 7th, 2019 @ 7:03am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I'm kind of torn on the reveal. The Earthrise figures are phenomenal, but I was expecting the War for Cybertron trilogy to actually take place (at least mostly) on cybertron, during the civil war. I was looking forward to seeing the war more fleshed out and getting those Cybertronian modes everyone was expecting (like Bumblebee's). I also worry that with ER being so staunchly G1 in theme, we won't be getting any more nods to other continuities like Galaxy Upgrade Prime. So, I don't dislike Earthrise in any way, just wish we got more of something different.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041062)
Posted by emlit on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:17am CDT

I’ve mentioned it numerous times before, so many are probably tired of me discussing it - but since you brought it up, yes, I was very disappointed when I found out Earthrise would include yet more 80’s-inspired designs. I was hoping the entire trilogy would include Cybertronian alt modes. I think there is a wealth of opportunity there which needs further exploration.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041064)
Posted by Randomhero on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:31am CDT

Not really. Feels more like siege was the first episode of the cartoon. Earthrise is the rest of season one and two and part three will be released around the time Unicron is put out and I’m wagering that’s gonna be a heavy season three

Hasbro never said once that intended to do everyone from 84 in siege and I hate to break it to everyone but they’re not going to get everyone else in Earthrise and part three. They will probably complete the 84 cast because there’s only a few left not including all the minibots but dont expect they’re gonna complete casts like 1985. They did 98% of the Decepticons in one line which is great but fairly easy when the Decepticons were half the size the autobots
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041084)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 7th, 2019 @ 12:41pm CDT
Yeah, I'm definitely disappointed that it appears to have switched focus to Earth without doing all of the heavy-hitters from the cast. BUT I'm hoping — like with combiners and headmasters — that there will still be some peppered in as the trilogy continues.

While I am excited at how good these earth modes look, it's a tragic missed opportunity that Hasbro apparently skipped the Cybertron modes for Wheeljack, Jazz and Bee. I'm holding out hopes these may show up in a box set or Pulse exclusive or such. (MTMTE box set with conductor rods accessories anyone??)
Seriously — Aside from the tetrajets, those seems like the entire reason you would do a line of Cybertronian vehicles. Everything else would be just icing.

Now I'll be hoping for "mini-masterpieces" for all the major players, though these second season guys are VERY welcome to me. (Not to mention obscure mail order characters. Bravo.) Honestly, anything from the Diaclone toy line being done justice is absolute tops.

Also, the way they are including accessories to give nods to specific episodes — like the skis and blaster for Cliffjumper — is very well thought out. Props.

The playability of blast effects, ramps (for Hoist), and modular accessories — absolutely dynamite. Hasbro is on its A-game.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041087)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 7th, 2019 @ 1:28pm CDT

And I found something interesting: the product codes for the Battle Masters and Apeface are in the same region as the Earthrise Wave 1 codes E71**, while the rest are past that with E82**. Pulled up maybe?
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041088)
Posted by Seibertron on October 7th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Any reason why they're using EU packaging for the unboxing (no tm and warning in 26 languages!)?

It is my understanding that will be the standard going forward.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041089)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 7th, 2019 @ 1:57pm CDT

Absolutely. Other than the SIEGE Tetrajets, the Original WFC line (parallel with the games) is exactly what this one should have been. Which only now serves to highlight the massive shortcomings of SIEGE in general.

They purposely skipped out the Autobots that had Real Cybertronian modes from the Sunbow pilot, so they could just flog "futuristic cars" instead. Pure laziness from the design team. The half hearted attempt at a Cybertronian Autobot line have been scrapped altogether now, in favour of more 80's visual relics.

The "Flier" Decepticons, Micro/Battlemasters and Weaponisers were the only really authentic part of this entire line. I'd include Jetfire and Omega Supreme in that but they aren't purposely SIEGE designs, in as much as original figure updates that could have existed in any line.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041091)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 7th, 2019 @ 2:47pm CDT

Thats what I thought when we learnt that Astrotrain was being repackaged in Earthrise wave 1 as well as Siege
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041097)
Posted by Cobotron on October 7th, 2019 @ 3:34pm CDT

Finished what will be my Siege Seeker Squadron by picking up Thundercracker over the weekend.
I'm lovin' this crew!
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041107)
Posted by william-james88 on October 7th, 2019 @ 4:29pm CDT

Not really because I feel those werent really cybertronian anyway. Like Hound, Megatron, Prowl and Sideswipe. They look the same as earth modes for vehicles not wanting to represent a specific brand (though Sideswipe isnt fooling anyone).
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041112)
Posted by emlit on October 7th, 2019 @ 5:10pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Futuristic cars are fine by me. I love the molds for Sideswipe, Prowl, Hound, and Ironhide (as well as the subsequent redecos), whether or not one considers them Cybertronian style (i.e., hovercars). I don’t think Mirage qualifies, but I was hoping for a complete set of the original Autobot team with updated/stylized/non-80s vehicle modes. Hasbro, I was prepared to spend a lot more. Not getting Sunstreaker in the same line as his brother(s) was especially disappointing.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041130)
Posted by Skritz on October 7th, 2019 @ 6:52pm CDT
I think Sideswipe/Red Alert were the least 'Cybertronian' and were going flat out into the realm of retro-futuristic concept sport car, meaning that mold will look just fine next to the Earthrise figures. Double so with Reprolabels. I have to assume that, due to his very iconic car design they had to take more liberties to get around licensing which is how we ended up with a Sideswipe who both look exactly the part and yet is clearly not a Countach. But it definitely has the same overall shape and vibe of a Lamborghini.

Edit: Oh, right. Forgot Hound. He's clearly also a retro futuristic Jeep...without looking like a Jeep due to car licenses. So he's another one that won't look out of place. Its futuristic-ish enough to gloss over as 'Cybertronian' if one wish or it can be glossed over as 'royalties-free retro futuristic Earth mode'.

Personally i'm not too mad, if disappointed overall. That said I still think Siege and Earthrise won't look visually jarring next to each others. Beside, most of my collection is TR, meaning I've got a LOT of futuristic vehicles in there to the point I'm not bothered by Siege designs.

Of course I'm also a weirdo when it come to tastes, so take with a grain of salt.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041139)
Posted by william-james88 on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:05pm CDT

Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041140)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:13pm CDT
Wow, that is quite the difference there. I'm still probably going to replace TR Astrotrain with Siege Astrotrain. The TR version is just a boring mold to me.
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041142)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:A lot of people are thinking of replacing their Titans Return Astrotrain with Siege Astrotrain, since that one has alt modes closer to the cartoon. However, that simple swap may not be so simple, when thinking of how all three Decepticon triple changers, which we got in Titans return, match up in height. We got a good in hand look at Siege Astrotrain in the unboxing images we published earlier today, but now we have a comparison image of this Astrotrain next to Takara's version of Titans Return Astrotrain. It comes to us from a fan named Ryan over at Cybertron Philippines. Remember that Astrotrain can be given some platform shoes to stand slightly taller and reach 7 inches (photo shown below as well).

:shock:

I.... I really could have done without knowing this.....
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041143)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:24pm CDT
Well, uh, hm, I wanted Astrotrain but...I'm probably still going to get him but uh, yeah, hmmm...

This is the only siege leader I have concerns with the size

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041144)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 7th, 2019 @ 8:54pm CDT
Yeah I'm waiting for a bit of a sale. I want him for the train mode but wow he is really short
Re: Unboxing gallery of WFC SIEGE Astrotrain, Apeface, Crosshairs, Spinister, Rung, Singe & Micromasters #NYCC2019 #NYCC (2041145)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 7th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CDT
I have the Legends version and had wanted the Siege version, but ... huh. Shorter and has a questionable shuttle mode.

But I do like the bot mode better.

Hm.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Krok and Quake 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Wolfwire and Brainstorm 100% Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Overlord" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN GRAX & SKULLSMASHER DELUXE ACTION FIGURE 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Daburu & Twinferno Figure Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Leader Class Sound blaster and Soundwave SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Getaway Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Hasbro Deluxe Class Slugslinger & Caliburst" on EBAY