Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Transformers News: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 2:06AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 25,036

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Groove, you say? Oh wait, he seems to be a Unite Warriors Takara Tomy Mall exclusive to Japan? Well... darn. Wait, what's this? BBTS and TFSource have preorders you say? You betcha!

Seibertron.com sponsors BBTS, TFSource and PremiumCollectibles.com.au have posted new preorders for the upcoming Unite Warriors Defensor with new Deluxe Class Groove figure! Both US based sites have it priced at $159.99 and have an expected release date of late December. (What a great Christmas present!) PremiumCollectibles, our newest sponsor, has a preorder and an offer to share with the fans:

Premium Collectables now has the Transformers Takaratomy Mall Exclusive Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) up for pre-order.


**Special Offer** First 50 pre-orders will receive the item for $169.95 AUD or $135 USD then reverting to normal price $189.95 AUD or $150 USD.

WWW.PREMIUMCOLLECTABLES.COM.AU


You can preorder from BBTS here, TFSource here and PremiumCollectibles here. While you're waiting for these guys to be released, check out our gallery of the original G1 Defensor! (We're currently in the middle of the process of creating a gallery of the currently released Combiner Wars Defensor and will be posting it for your enjoyment as soon as possible.)

Transformers News: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Transformers News: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Transformers News: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Transformers News: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Credit(s): BBTS, TFSource & PremiumCollectibles
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688749)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 22nd, 2015 @ 2:21am CDT
wackymidget wrote:
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:To be honest,as much as I would like to have a bike as a limb, that is one hell of a huge bike. I mean think about it, a bike as big as an ambulance? They can keep that exclusive


Because a jeep the size of a space shuttle is not ridiculous out of scale?
Say, has Bruticus or any of his repaints ever had a super-move where he pulls all of Blast Off's excess mass out of subspace while throwing a right-cross? Maybe Groove can have a similar phase-punch move if he's an arm.

Anyone else thinking FunPub will someday repaint this mold as much as possible in response to frustration over its unattainability? Like maybe four Junkions who combine with the HotSpot mold repainted into a garbage truck? Maybe give two of them new heads from the Victorion team so we finally have Nancy and another generic Fem-Junk from the TF:TM dance party?

And I gotta' agree with X on one thing: when the fine print says a unique mold desirable for team completion is gonna' be that hard to acquire outside of Japan, I say KO THE SLAG OUT OF IT!!!

Though I say that partly in hopes that someone gets the message to give it a wider official release.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688753)
Posted by ladiesman1792 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 2:40am CDT
Is it just me or is the paint apps just same as the Hasbro version? I cant see any differences aside from Groove.

Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688755)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 2:45am CDT
ladiesman1792 wrote:Is it just me or is the paint apps just same as the Hasbro version? I cant see any differences aside from Groove.



They always use the Hasbro figures at this stage of promotion. In about a month or so, we'll see updated official images from Takara Tomy featuring their take on the figures, sportin' a G1 accurate deco if possible.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688761)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:01am CDT
Rated X wrote:The reason slingshot was eliminated was because Hasbro saw an easy way to screw CHUG collectors and make a s**t load of money doing it. Hasbro even went as far as to tell IDW to write a story to justify alpha bravos existance. He is a blatant repaint of vortex using slingshots deco even on the head. Its a huge insult to G1 fans who collect CHUG.

Want us to call the wahmbulance for ya?
Need some some cream for that butt hurt?

Seriously ... this just cracked me up big time. The thought of a grown adult getting so upset over a plastic toy that he's spun a conspiracy theory involving an evil money sucking corporation is just fucking hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688762)
Posted by Ironzeus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:12am CDT
Can't wait to see someone make a Groovatron with Hot Spot + 4 Deluxe Grooves + 1 Legends Groove
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688786)
Posted by noctorro on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:14am CDT
Ironzeus wrote:Can't wait to see someone make a Groovatron with Hot Spot + 4 Deluxe Grooves + 1 Legends Groove


That would be groovy.

Totally awesome that Takara is making a completely new Groove. I think I'll get the Takara one and buy that Hasbro armored transport dude individually. Because, you know, I want 'm all.

Which reminds me, still need to get Breakneck & Slingshot (whatever he's called now).

I don't mind the consipracy or an extra team member.
Wasn't that the same with Lio Kaiser?
That one teammate killed the other and took his place?

An extra team member eliminates that problem that Defensor had with First Aid. If they had APC guy then Ambulance boy could stay in the junkyard and sit that one out completely.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688787)
Posted by Ironzeus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:19am CDT
noctorro wrote:
Which reminds me, still need to get Breakneck & Slingshot (whatever he's called now).


Check out Target:
Free Shipping over $25 and just went in stock about 2 hours ago.

https://goto.target.com/c/1137247/81938/2092?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.target.com%2Fp%2Ftransformers-ge%20...%20ickslinger%3C%2Fa%3E

https://goto.target.com/c/1137247/81938/2092?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.target.com%2Fp%2Ftransformers-ge%20...%20Brake-neck%3C%2Fa%3E
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688791)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:24am CDT
Ironzeus wrote:Can't wait to see someone make a Groovatron with Hot Spot + 4 Deluxe Grooves + 1 Legends Groove

That is going to be crazy expensive if Groove is only available in this box set.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688795)
Posted by noctorro on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:28am CDT
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688814)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 22nd, 2015 @ 5:35am CDT
Well, I guess I didn't need to wait for TFSource to respond to my inquiry, as having a pre-order up answers my question!

The mark-up seems to be only about $25.00, based on the retail of ¥16,200 as given on the Takara Tomy Mall website. While it is certainly $25.00 I'd rather not have to spend, I feel like -- as far as mark-ups go -- that's actually fairly decent. So bullet dodged, it seems. I was scared that this might get closer to the $200.00 range!

Also, as much as a smug arse Rated X has been, I really want to see william-james88 send him an Alpha Bravo now. (Do I get one, too? Is it Alpha Bravos for everyone who orders this set?)

This whole (now hopefully passed) turmoil over the "Will we be able to order him or won't we?" thing seemed to bring out smug arses on both sides of the issue, though, eh? Ah, what a joyous community. ;)
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688818)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:03am CDT
Ironzeus wrote:Can't wait to see someone make a Groovatron with Hot Spot + 4 Deluxe Grooves + 1 Legends Groove


Behold, the mighty Groovatron!

Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688823)
Posted by william-james88 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:33am CDT
Rated X wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rated X wrote: I will be buying Takara anyways even though I already bought hasbros. Theres this little thing called "buying online". Google it. ;)


How are you gonna buy it, its only available at takara tomy mall. Betcha an alpha bravo figure you cant buy it right now. If you can, please post your receipt in a picture as a response. And then I will ship you an alpha bravo.

I just pre ordered it at BBTS for $159.99. Wheres my alpha bravo ? I have an new idea that involves some catnip. :D


Yotsuyasan wrote:
Also, as much as a smug arse Rated X has been, I really want to see william-james88 send him an Alpha Bravo now. (Do I get one, too? Is it Alpha Bravos for everyone who orders this set?)


The offer was only for at that exact moment to demonstrate how smug the other party was to assume things. He couldn't then, so where's MY Alpha Bravo. And now, this is after the facts, and people are now getting back to me, like someone taking me up on a boxing fight bet that is now over, it doesnt work that way. So no alpha bravos for anyone, and it seems no Rooks for anyone either ;)

While everyone might be rejoicing, I am still rather pissed at this "exclusivity". My main reason for going the Unite Warriors route was due to price. Preordering them on amiami made them the equivalent price to me buying the hasbro versions in store. But now, I guess amiami wont have those fun preorders at 30% off and instead I am stuck paying a markup I did not expect (which increases my cost by 50$, that's 3 deluxe takara toys at amiami). I will give it some time since I still hope this ends up at the other regular places (a man can dream).
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688828)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:39am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
The offer was only for at that exact moment to demonstrate how smug the other party was to assume things.


Ah, you are technically correct, based on the text you bolded in your quote. Still, that's rather a childish offer you made, then. "I'll bet you you can't buy this thing that has just been announced and isn't available yet anywhere right now! That'll show you for saying you'll be able to get it eventually!"

Smugness all around, I think. (Including, judging from this very post, perhaps a bit from me! ;))
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688832)
Posted by william-james88 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:45am CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:
Smugness all around, I think. (Including, judging from this very post, perhaps a bit from me! ;))


It's contagious, that's for sure. But now the storm has passed and we can all be friends again :)

And I must admit, X' comment featuring catnip did make me laugh.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688834)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:52am CDT
Don't be a T-Macksimus Billy-Jim, man up and send the boy his Alpha Bravo on the grounds that your news crew and had insider information.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688837)
Posted by Powered Convoy on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:56am CDT
Also, if there was any doubt about the figure's exclusivity in Japan and the deco, this should squash it:

??????????????????????????3???????????????????????? | DENGEKI HOBBY WEB ????????

[quote]トランスフォーマーの合体戦士に焦点を当てた「ユナイトウォリアーズ」シリーズ第3弾は、サイバトロンのプロテクトボット合体戦士「ガーディアン」。5体のプロテクトボットたちのセットで、合体するとガーディアンが完成します。左足のプロテクトボット偵察員グルーブ(ポリスバイクに変形)は、国内オリジナルの完全新規アイテム! タカラトミーの通販サイト「タカラトミーモール」(http://takaratomymall.jp)にて限定販売されます。

※写真は海外版です。

※グルーブ以外は海外版のカラーリングです。国内版とは多少異なります。



【プロテクトボット合体戦士ガーディアン】[/quote]

[quote]Focuses on the transformers Union Warrior series "unitwarriors" third's protectobots coalescence Warriors of Cybertron, and the guardian. And a set of five protectobots who completed the guardian. Protectobots crew left Groove (transformed into a police bike) is a domestic original full of new items! Will be sold exclusively at the Takara Tomy's mail order site Tomy(takaratomy) Mall (????????????????????????).

* Photo is the overseas edition.

* Non-Groove is the overseas edition coloring. Domestic version is slightly different.
[/quote]

Luckily it seems like Hasbro Asia is distributing it as well so BBTS and the like can get it for a reasonable price (only $25 more than Japanese asking price currently).

Randy
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688853)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 22nd, 2015 @ 7:51am CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:
Ironzeus wrote:Can't wait to see someone make a Groovatron with Hot Spot + 4 Deluxe Grooves + 1 Legends Groove


Behold, the mighty Groovatron!



Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688857)
Posted by Rated X on May 22nd, 2015 @ 7:55am CDT
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:The reason slingshot was eliminated was because Hasbro saw an easy way to screw CHUG collectors and make a s**t load of money doing it. Hasbro even went as far as to tell IDW to write a story to justify alpha bravos existance. He is a blatant repaint of vortex using slingshots deco even on the head. Its a huge insult to G1 fans who collect CHUG.

Want us to call the wahmbulance for ya?
Need some some cream for that butt hurt?

Seriously ... this just cracked me up big time. The thought of a grown adult getting so upset over a plastic toy that he's spun a conspiracy theory involving an evil money sucking corporation is just **** hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I suppose you believe in some kind of alternative theory that doesnt involve profit ? I would love to hear the Burn theory on why Alpha Bravo and friends exist. Im guessing you believe 100,000 kids held a mass rally outside of hasbro corporate offices to protest the release of slingshot, wildrider, and groove? After all by your logic, CHUG is only for kids and adults play no role in 1980s G1 homages. Any theory that doesent involve corporate greed is THE REAL conspiracy theory buddy. I wish the corporate world had as much integrity as this small group of tf fans is willing to believe it does. Sorry, im not among the faithful.
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688863)
Posted by Rated X on May 22nd, 2015 @ 8:14am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:The reason slingshot was eliminated was because Hasbro saw an easy way to screw CHUG collectors and make a s**t load of money doing it. Hasbro even went as far as to tell IDW to write a story to justify alpha bravos existance. He is a blatant repaint of vortex using slingshots deco even on the head. Its a huge insult to G1 fans who collect CHUG.

Want us to call the wahmbulance for ya?
Need some some cream for that butt hurt?

Seriously ... this just cracked me up big time. The thought of a grown adult getting so upset over a plastic toy that he's spun a conspiracy theory involving an evil money sucking corporation is just **** hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I suppose you believe in some kind of alternative theory that doesnt involve profit ? I would love to hear the Burn theory on why Alpha Bravo and friends exist. Im guessing you believe 100,000 kids held a mass rally outside of hasbro corporate offices to protest the release of slingshot, wildrider, and groove? After all by your logic, CHUG is only for kids and adults play no role in 1980s G1 homages. Any theory that doesent involve corporate greed is THE REAL conspiracy theory buddy. I wish the corporate world had as much integrity as this small group of tf fans is willing to believe it does. Sorry, im not among the faithful.


Also Burn, while youe at it, do you care to explain why IDW drew the Alpha Bravo character as a vortex repaint long before anyone knew a toy would exist ?

I think you are in serious denial about alpha bravo. You really want to believe an IDW artist just came up with the character out of the blue and happened to make him look like vortex but painted like the combiner limb he was replacing ? Pure coincidence right ?
Re: Unite Warriors Defensor (With Deluxe Groove) Preorders Now Live (1688876)
Posted by megatronus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 8:36am CDT
It's no secret Hasbro and IDW collaborated to create a whole host of things, from post-FOC Generations to Combiner Wars.

But to say the sole purpose of new team characters like Alpha Bravo, Offroad, and Rook is to piss off all the Classics-Generations collectors? And for profit's-sake? That's just STUPID.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer
Twincast / Podcast #203:
"Light Bringer"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 15th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon