United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images

United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 11:43am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,422

Japanese toy blogger Alfes 2010 has posted a gallery of the newly released UN-29 Ark Unicron. The images include comparison shots with the original Cybertron version of the figure as well. As you can see the United version comes in subdued shade of orange and sports a lot blue. We've mirrored a few below, the full gallery can be found here.

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 11:53am CST

Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350642)
Posted by craggy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 11:51am CST
wasn't all that interested in it the first time around. now that the grey is more blue, my opinion has not changed. unless the original was really difficult to find, I wouldn't even consider getting this, if I suddenly got a hankering for mino-Unicron.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350644)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 23rd, 2012 @ 11:55am CST
Why is he called "Ark Unicron"? Is he supposed to be transforming into the Autobot ship, or is there a different Ark I don't know about?
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350648)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 23rd, 2012 @ 12:04pm CST
It never dawned on me... but yeah. That's TOTALLY the ark design, ignoring the pincers on the front. Ha.

Wish we could have gotten an animated Omega Supreme ark. That would have been amazing.

That said, I loved this design and toy. The notion of a defeated Unicron slowly returning to power makes for a great story, and a fun toy.

Now, if we could talk them into a Bludgeon repaint. Hasbro? Takara? Anyone?
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350657)
Posted by Mkall on February 23rd, 2012 @ 12:17pm CST
I like that dark blue; it gives it a kind of sinister look. I really don't need it though.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350659)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 23rd, 2012 @ 12:18pm CST
OK, so 2010 Unicron went for cartoon colors (mostly), while United Ark Unicron goes for Marvel comic colors. As I already have Cybertron Unicron from regular retail it's a pass for me. I just need to figure out what shelf to put him on...
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350672)
Posted by budmaloney on February 23rd, 2012 @ 12:37pm CST
Dat Ass!

couldn't help myself,

cool fig tho, not too fond of shrunk Unicron.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350706)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:38pm CST

I'm getting him. Gonna display right under the Marvel painted full size version. It's gonna be GLORIOUS, I tell you! [-(
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350707)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:42pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:After 20 years begging for an official Unicron toy! Now we have a handful of them, but nobody's buying. :shock:

People were begging for Unicron in 2004 and 2005. Not so much since he went on clearance shortly there after...
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350717)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:51pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

And the Amazon Unicron is still high in price... Bugger.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350722)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:55pm CST
Come on... it's lil' Orson Welles!
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350724)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:56pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

And the Amazon Unicron is still high in price... Bugger.

$80-$90 for a huge Amazon Unicron seems more reasonable than the $50 they want for United deluxe Ark Unicron. Limited quantities or not, deluxe Unicron is not worth fifty bucks.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350780)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 23rd, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
Hmm. I like the darker orange, but not so much the blue. Oh well, now I can feel happy about savig fifty bucks! 8)
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350803)
Posted by craggy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 3:41pm CST
$50? wow, does it come with a free padded cushion to sit on?
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350825)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:16pm CST
So.... is he a tank, or a spaceship? Or both?

I never got this guy when Cybertron was out, so I'm not familiar with him.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350829)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:22pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:So.... is he a tank, or a spaceship? Or both?

I never got this guy when Cybertron was out, so I'm not familiar with him.

A tank, though knowing Unicron he can fly in this form like RotF Megatron. I did read in a review that he's supposedly based on a Scarab, which in Egyptian mythology is tied to Khepri, the god of resurrection and transformation. It was in this form that Unicron was reborn into in the Cybertron comics.
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350831)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:26pm CST
A Scarab.... INSECTICON REPAINT!!!
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350832)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:So.... is he a tank, or a spaceship? Or both?

I never got this guy when Cybertron was out, so I'm not familiar with him.

Oh, really? Interesting! :grin: I love me some mythological references! :grin:
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350835)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:30pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:So.... is he a tank, or a spaceship? Or both?

I never got this guy when Cybertron was out, so I'm not familiar with him.

Oh, really? Interesting! :grin: I love me some mythological references! :grin:

Well, here's the wiki page:

Khepri on Wikipedia
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350837)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 23rd, 2012 @ 4:33pm CST
Couldn't resist....

insect.jpg

insect2.jpg
Re: United UN-29 Ark Unicron In-Hand Images (1350893)
Posted by craggy on February 23rd, 2012 @ 6:48pm CST
surely any Unicron figure is going to be a mythological reference?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY