Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics

Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics

Monday, December 15th, 2008 9:56pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 40,783

Thanks to TF08.net for letting all of us, the fans, see our first images of Universe Darkwing in robot mode.

This figure is very well represented as a straight repaint of Universe Silverbolt into a great homage to G1 Darkwing. This is even better news for those that already have the pricey exclusive from the Botcon 2007 Games of Deception Set: Dreadwind.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): TF08.net

Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851111)
Posted by YoImLegend on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:01pm CST
I. Like. This.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851115)
Posted by Dark Ops on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
It's just a repainted Silverbolt head, but it's close enough to Darkwing that it's more an observation than a complaint.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851117)
Posted by GetterDragun on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:09pm CST
Now I'm glad to have Universe Dreadwind...this repaint is awesome!
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851121)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:17pm CST
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851124)
Posted by Swiftpaw on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:25pm CST
They could probably find another military themed former Micromaster to repaint Onslaught as to go with Dropshot and Stormcloud.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851126)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:28pm CST
Wow he looks amazing for a straight repaint. He's a perfect homage to the original toy to boot. I'm considering trying to get Botcon Dreadwind even though my Silverbolt towers over my Jetfire.

wildscorpio67 wrote:Yes - this is a repaint that I can get behind. I wonder when it will come out? Should we expect to see an Onslaught repaint to keep this figure company in the cases? Any thoughts on who Onslaught could be repainted into?

Grindcore from IDW's Transformers: Revelation series (which is actually 4 different issues of Spotlight)
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851128)
Posted by robofreak on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:30pm CST
I've been thinking if they would remold Onslaughts head for Prime, he would make a great body for War Within Prime. Just a thought.

I'd actually like to see a G2 inspired Onslaught.

Also, does anyone know when we can expect to see this on shelves?
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851129)
Posted by Firebird on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:32pm CST
It's kinda funny.

I had no interest at all in Silverbolt, But I really want to buy Darkwing. Amazing what a repaint can do to a mold.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851130)
Posted by Point on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:37pm CST
Firebird wrote:It's kinda funny.

Amazing or not, I thought the same about Powerglide/Stormcloud and now my Classics 'Cons have another flyer while my 'Bots don't. But I like Silverbolt, so at first I said, "Hell no!" like most repaints, but now I say, "Well, maybe." Looks kinda good. :-?
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851132)
Posted by El Duque on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:40pm CST
Already have Dreadwind from the GoD set, most likely pass on this one. Looks nice though.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851134)
Posted by YoImLegend on December 15th, 2008 @ 10:44pm CST

I can't remember, have they done a Hardhead yet?
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851143)
Posted by Rodimus_NZ on December 15th, 2008 @ 11:08pm CST
yeah they could repaint Onslaught as Hardhead, doesnt he look alot like his ATV mode in the IDW comics after all? And repaint Powerglide as Tailwind, except dont do a crappy job of it :P actually make it a nice blend of blue, black and grey instead of straight blue so he looks bland
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851154)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on December 15th, 2008 @ 11:43pm CST
One of the more neon tformers, I like it.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851156)
Posted by Oilspill on December 15th, 2008 @ 11:51pm CST
Hmm.. while I'd love to bolster my Decepticon ranks, I think he's just going to look to similar to Silverbolt to justify.

The head is a fairly good match, but I'd have preferred if it looked more like this:

Or this:
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851162)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 16th, 2008 @ 12:07am CST
Very cool! Darkwing was one of the first Transformers I ever had.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851167)
Posted by Mkall on December 16th, 2008 @ 12:23am CST
Hot damn I want one!
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851170)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 16th, 2008 @ 12:52am CST
That looks just like that digibash from the alspark!

I like it, must have it.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851178)
Posted by Savage on December 16th, 2008 @ 1:20am CST
As a kid, I had Dreadwind, but never managed to get Darkwing. Apparently Universe is trying to put me in the exact reverse situation. I feel an ebay purchase of BotCon Dreadwind coming on.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851198)
Posted by Stormrider on December 16th, 2008 @ 2:38am CST
Too bad they didn't give him a real visor. But if Darkwing can hook up with Dreadwind - I'm sold.
Re: Universe Darkwing Robot Mode Pics (851206)
Posted by Blurrz on December 16th, 2008 @ 3:32am CST
Brilliant. Just freaking brilliant.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON Earthrise Trilogy Deluxe 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 VINTAGE 1987 Fastlane and Cloudraker Autobot Clones NEAR MINT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY,BOMBSHOCK DECEPTION & GROWL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Allicon MISB (1 of 2)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Quintesson Allicon MISB (2 of 2)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY