Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online

Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online

Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 11:15am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 23,874

The Target exclusive release of Leo Prime has been added to the Toy Gallery section. Earlier this year, a similar figure both in name and likeness was released, which can be seen here, both figures being a homage to Lio Convoy, from Beast Wars II. To view the new Leo Prime's gallery, click here.

Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online

Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online

Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011440)
Posted by JesWal on October 20th, 2009 @ 11:24am CDT
You know what's great? I was just thinking "I wish Seibertron had a gallery of Leo Prime up before I order him off target."
:D
Thanks a bunch Ryan!
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011447)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 20th, 2009 @ 11:44am CDT
I've just never liked this mold.
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011460)
Posted by Venomous Prime on October 20th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CDT
Why couldn't they just released Lio Convoy?
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011479)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 20th, 2009 @ 12:46pm CDT
original sin wrote:Why couldn't they just released Lio Convoy?

Trouble with licensing the mold I think, which dates back to roughly 2000, at least. Hasbro wanted to license the Lio Convoy mold for a BotCon version of Alpha Trion: a silhouette of the figure appears in the Wreckers comic. When that proved not possible, they proposed a Beast Machines Snarl repaint, but the figure never got past the hand painted mockup stage.

The gallery is a nice surprise, and it's good to see the plastic color is a shade or two off compared to Leobreaker. Mesa wants =P~
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011486)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 20th, 2009 @ 1:08pm CDT
Bea-u-tiful
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011606)
Posted by SoundStang on October 20th, 2009 @ 6:12pm CDT
He's a great figure, I ordered him online when I saw the news of his release and he's been at the house for about a week now...
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011666)
Posted by Venomous Prime on October 20th, 2009 @ 9:17pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
original sin wrote:Why couldn't they just released Lio Convoy?

You just made me sad...I want Lio Convoy :-(
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011724)
Posted by Blurrz on October 21st, 2009 @ 2:27am CDT
Looks pretty good... have to pick it up if it hits Zellers.
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011790)
Posted by Stockade on October 21st, 2009 @ 9:27am CDT
This looks great compared to the red Leo Prime that came out awhile back. i really like the white on this figure and it brings out the detail as well, but at the same time i dont like this mold either, but since its in white and i didnt like the red version, ill get this one.
Anyone know a release date????
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011804)
Posted by Nekoman on October 21st, 2009 @ 10:03am CDT
Stockade wrote:Anyone know a release date????

You can get it at Target.com now, but if you mean in stores than I don't think anyone knows.
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011912)
Posted by Neurie on October 21st, 2009 @ 3:41pm CDT
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011932)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 21st, 2009 @ 4:34pm CDT
Neurie wrote:Unless my mind is completely gone crazy after hasbro made Longrack avialable exclusively to America in limited numbers through the Hasbro toy shop they offered a limited number of Lio Convoys too.

Your mind has gone crazy :P In 2000 or so, an online store called Hasbrocollectors.com offered several Japanese Beast Wars toys in the US. You're probably thinking about that.
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1011937)
Posted by Neurie on October 21st, 2009 @ 5:01pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oh right I knew it wasnt the UK, as always we get shafted, apart from the odd exclsuive repaint.

Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1012148)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 22nd, 2009 @ 9:47am CDT
Neurie wrote:Thanks for the ehads up, ohh and why is BW Neo Magmatron such a holy grail? I have that along with most of the neoa nd BW 2 stuff, Id say Tako Tank was a holy grail for me, cant find that for love noe money here :(

Because I've yet to see him, and I'm really into Dinosaurs and other prehistoric reptiles :P
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1012171)
Posted by Stockade on October 22nd, 2009 @ 11:14am CDT
I really hope that he's not Target online only to get!! I hope he shows up in stores soon...
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1013765)
Posted by bim on October 26th, 2009 @ 9:09pm CDT
@ stock... but why? I think shopping online is way better? hehe. just my opinion. anyway, i think he's gonna be next in my list. I just bought last week or so, so maybe I'm going to buy another one today :D COLLECTING IS BEST WHEN ITS UNDER CLEARANCE :D
Re: Universe Leo Prime Gallery is Online (1017101)
Posted by grmlock13 on November 5th, 2009 @ 12:58am CST
Neurie wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

actually in 2000 hasbrocollectors.com did offer lio convoy for sale for a limited time.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS EXCLUSIVE LEGENDS CLASS WINGSPAN CLOUDRAKER Walgreens" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Blurr Car" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers cyberverse fact card  acid storm" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 LOT CLIFF JUMPER, SNAP TRAP, OUTBACK STREETWISE, SWERVE," on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 80s Animated Movie DVD Optimus Prime Megatron Bumblebee Arcee Galva" on EBAY
Buy "Rare MINT Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW White Car" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY