Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign

Transformers News: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 9:24PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 10,718

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If you go on the Transformers section of the website Toy Adventures, you will see a banner for the Transformers Generations line. While the banner does not reflect the Siege line per se, it does feature a character we have not seen yet in the Generations line, which looks like a mix of Huffer and Pipes. We will let you handle the speculation from here on out, but keep in mind that this may be a design that was planned for a previous Generations subline and never saw the light of day. It is odd though that it features so prominently on the site, whenever Transformers are mentioned, leading to several different styles of the banner/art. All of them can be seen below.

UPDATE:
It turns out it's just Sovereign, Alpha Trion's titan master. It's a coloured pic of Marcello Matere's concept pencils.

Transformers News: Unknown Transformers Character Appearing on Promotional Art

Transformers News: Unknown Transformers Character Appearing on Promotional Art

Transformers News: Unknown Transformers Character Appearing on Promotional Art
Credit(s): toy adventure
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988636)
Posted by steve2275 on October 10th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
looks cool to me
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988637)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 10th, 2018 @ 9:32pm CDT
Could this have been the Titan Master partner of Alpha Trion?
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988640)
Posted by Flashwave on October 10th, 2018 @ 9:36pm CDT
For some reason my first thought was Micromaster Overload. Not sure why or what gimmick he and that trailer base would fit into though, unless they go with a Weaponizer theme and channel the Armada design of Overload turning into the head and neck of a larger robot that also turns into guns and a backpack.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988641)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 10th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CDT
I'm not seeing Huffer or Pipes. My first thought was a weaponizer gun. The lit up part of his chest reminds me of the posts from Blowpipe and the other Siege weaponizer guns.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988642)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 10th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CDT
Well, that absolutely looks like some variety of Micromaster, but I have little to no knowledge or interest regarding Micromasters and therefore have no idea if he's a pre-existing one or not.

Although that doesn't appear to be what it is, I agree that Weaponizer Overload would be amazing, Flashwave.

...or maybe, because of his backpack, he's the hinted-at hammer Battlemaster?
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988646)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 10th, 2018 @ 10:08pm CDT
UM having the ubiquitous butt flap in his MP and now Sg verisoin reminds me of those 18th Century military uniforms. Maybe they were the inspiration for Floro Dery?
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988648)
Posted by Skritz on October 10th, 2018 @ 10:15pm CDT
Maybe he's a Micromaster intended for something bigger than the Legends price point: main micromaster of a playset? :-?
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988649)
Posted by Galvatronian on October 10th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CDT
Yea its the TR version of godbomber and ginrai im after. Think i'll get the siege on cybertron boxset to get ginrai. they're not bad prices on ebay. Seems really odd they should do a robot that's half way between pipes and huffer when everything else in the line is so G1.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988651)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on October 10th, 2018 @ 11:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:If you go on the Transformers section of the website Toy Adventures, you will see a banner for the Transformers Generations line. While the banner does not reflect the Siege line per se, it does feature a character we have not seen yet in the Generations line, which looks like a mix of Huffer and Pipes. We will let you handle the speculation from here on out, but keep in mind that this may be a design that was planned for a previous Generations subline and never saw the light of day. It is odd though that it features so prominently on the site, whenever Transformers are mentioned, leading to several different styles of the banner/art. All of them can be seen below.

Image

Image

Image


Personally it reminds me of a powermaster, but I can't think of a powermaster in those colors, and either way proper powermasters haven't been done since the originals so who knows. :SG-CONS:
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988653)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 10th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CDT
Detail-wise, this dude bears a resemblance to the Dreamwave MTMTE profile artwork of the G1 Powermaster Slapdash's little partner Lube, but the colors don't match at all.

Image

The colors are a bit evocative of those of Lube's Japanese-only Masterforce Warrior redeco Bullet, but the color layout is different.

Image

It's possible that it's a Titan Master design that ultimately went unused.


Also, the image was allegedly uploaded a year ago.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988656)
Posted by william-james88 on October 11th, 2018 @ 12:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Detail-wise, this dude bears a resemblance to the Dreamwave MTMTE profile artwork of the G1 Powermaster Slapdash's little partner Lube, but the colors don't match at all.

Image

The colors are a bit evocative of those of Lube's Japanese-only Masterforce Warrior redeco Bullet, but the color layout is different.

Image

It's possible that it's a Titan Master design that ultimately went unused.


Also, the image was allegedly uploaded a year ago.

It turns out its just Sovereign, Alpha Trion's titan master. Its the coloured pic of Marcello Materre's concept pencils.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988664)
Posted by Galvatronian on October 11th, 2018 @ 4:33am CDT
Well obviously!
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988667)
Posted by Coptur on October 11th, 2018 @ 5:34am CDT
I've already sold off my Botcon Reflector, Classics Prime and few other to make way for Siege.

I quite like the Space Guns into Submarines (or psuedo space ships) idea.

I'm even looking forward Bed Soundwave from Siege.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988670)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 11th, 2018 @ 6:58am CDT
This doesn't look much like Huffer.

Coincidentally, I've been wondering if we'll see proper Huffer & Gears anytime soon. They are two of the few Autobots to still not have an official figure close enough to their character-models. Who will get there first -- the Masterpiece line or CHUG? 8-)
Both characters have interesting designs, with some almost "Goboty" elements.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988674)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 11th, 2018 @ 7:38am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:This doesn't look much like Huffer.

Coincidentally, I've been wondering if we'll see proper Huffer & Gears anytime soon. They are two of the few Autobots to still not have an official figure close enough to their character-models. Who will get there first -- the Masterpiece line or CHUG? 8-)
Both characters have interesting designs, with some almost "Goboty" elements.


Was T30 Gears not close enough, or just not recent enough/hard to find? I thought he was a pretty good representation of Gears.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988676)
Posted by Emerje on October 11th, 2018 @ 7:50am CDT
william-james88 wrote:As for the Star Convoy discussion, we have had quite a bit of him. He is the only toy from that line that was ever rereleased and you can own an original for pretty cheap because of that. Plus, not only was that white CW Prime a Star Convoy homage, but so was TR Prime, sporting the same details on his chest and having his legs made up of his trailer. Plus, the whole trailer turning into legs, which Star Convoy started, was the basis for every Prime toy in the RID line.

Eeeehh, we've had a lot of homages, but I want to see a full on remake. I've got the Star Convoy reissue and he's one of the biggest brick in the entire Transformers line and long overdue for a proper update. The CW Battle Core Prime head was just that, a head (and also used as a Monopoly piece). TR Prime was a tribute in color only, they couldn't even be bothered to use the alternate Star Convoy head sculpt, and the transformation was entirely incidental due to the figure being an Octone pre-tool. It's time for a true "return of Convoy".

And wow, that looks nothing the Sovereign we actually got which was a homage to Safeguard/Root/Beta Maxx.

Image

At first I honestly thought that art was of a screwy version of Krunk.

Image

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:This doesn't look much like Huffer.

Coincidentally, I've been wondering if we'll see proper Huffer & Gears anytime soon. They are two of the few Autobots to still not have an official figure close enough to their character-models. Who will get there first -- the Masterpiece line or CHUG? 8-)
Both characters have interesting designs, with some almost "Goboty" elements.


Was T30 Gears not close enough, or just not recent enough/hard to find? I thought he was a pretty good representation of Gears.

My problem was that he was an obvious repaint (pre-paint?) of a Brawn figure we never got. Plus he never showed up in stores around me and was hard to find a good price by the time I realized he wasn't showing up. So I, too, would like to see them take a second shot at him as well as Huffer, Pipes and a few others.

Emerje
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988682)
Posted by Caelus on October 11th, 2018 @ 8:38am CDT
So... stupid question... If the Battlemasters are filling the $5-6 titanmaster slot, are the Micromaster pairs filling the $10-12 scout class slot? As much as I love Micromasters and minicons, that feels like a rip off.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988684)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 11th, 2018 @ 8:49am CDT
Caelus wrote:So... stupid question... If the Battlemasters are filling the $5-6 titanmaster slot, are the Micromaster pairs filling the $10-12 scout class slot? As much as I love Micromasters and minicons, that feels like a rip off.


Yes unfortunately. I loved the legends figures we have been getting, and really don't care for the micromasters that much (too simple for my tastes). I'll cherry pick a few to buy, but will pass on most of them.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988685)
Posted by Caelus on October 11th, 2018 @ 9:01am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Caelus wrote:So... stupid question... If the Battlemasters are filling the $5-6 titanmaster slot, are the Micromaster pairs filling the $10-12 scout class slot? As much as I love Micromasters and minicons, that feels like a rip off.


Yes unfortunately. I loved the legends figures we have been getting, and really don't care for the micromasters that much (too simple for my tastes). I'll cherry pick a few to buy, but will pass on most of them.


Dang. You'd think for the $10 pricepoint they could stick a third MM in the package like the old Armada Minicon teams.
Re: Promotional Art for Transformers Generations Titan Master Sovereign (1988686)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 11th, 2018 @ 9:14am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:This doesn't look much like Huffer.

Coincidentally, I've been wondering if we'll see proper Huffer & Gears anytime soon. They are two of the few Autobots to still not have an official figure close enough to their character-models. Who will get there first -- the Masterpiece line or CHUG? 8-)
Both characters have interesting designs, with some almost "Goboty" elements.


Was T30 Gears not close enough, or just not recent enough/hard to find? I thought he was a pretty good representation of Gears.


Not close enough. And his other toy is the original 80s one.

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
Twincast / Podcast #209:
"Under Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Electronic Voice Mixer Helmet Mask Hasbro 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Lockdown - #11 - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Blackout - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Lot - (Optimus Prime, Megatron, And Nitro)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2014 AUTOBOT SCATTERSHOT 3 BETATRON LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall **BRAND NEW**" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Roadblock Instructions Pretenders 1989 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY