Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development

Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 10:14am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 74,758

Seems like every time you turn around these days a new third-party company is throwing their hat in the ring. Courtesy of our colleagues across the pond, FMH, we have images of a new unofficial MP styled Soundwave from a previously unheard of third-party company calling themselves Fans Toys. Check out the mirrored prototype images below.

Update: TFW2005 member fabexmax has uploaded images of MP style Blaster that appears remarkably similar to the Fans Toys Soundwave. fabexmax's images have also been mirrored below.

Credit(s): FMH, TFW05's fabexmax

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2011 12:22am CDT

Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262742)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:18am CDT
Suddenly, Soundwave.

Seriously, what's with all of the great toys coming out of no where all of a sudden!?
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262745)
Posted by barricade2218 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:20am CDT
Looks interesting...
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262746)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:20am CDT
Well, this came out of nowhere.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262749)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:22am CDT
Nooooooooooooooooo! It looks beautiful! And I know I likely wouldn't be able to afford it. This is exactly what I've been wanting from HasTak for a long time! Him or Galvatron anyway...

I also feel like the 3rd Party market is getting way too saturated. We need to put them all in a ring and thin them out, Gladiator-style. :lol: Although, I suppose while the number of 3rd Party stuff that gets announced is high, less of them actually make it to the production stage.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262751)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:25am CDT
Looks awesome!

Now all we need to do is wait for iGear or Maketoys to announce the exact same project.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262752)
Posted by geterman on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
You son of a Biatch!!! I JUST bought music label Soundwave!!!

I guess I am going to have to buy this one too. It looks to awesome to pass up.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262757)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:30am CDT
Oh hai there you'll be part of my collection.
It's getting kind of pathetic how HasTak are constantly outdone by little fan owned companies.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262760)
Posted by korisifu on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:33am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:eed to put them all in a ring and thin them out, Gladiator-style. Although, I suppose while the number of 3rd Party stuff that gets announced is high, less of them actually make it to the production stage.

This is good! Let the 3rd party companies steal their income and force them to offer us what we want.I have City Commander, Arcee, Rodimus, Springer, Kup (with the right head), and Optimus (faith leader) all from 3rd party companies and haven't had a complaint yet. I also have Laser and Buzzer, piledrivers for G1 Frenzy/Rumble, a war axe for WFC optimus, all the Crazy Devy devastator add ons. Not a single problem from any of them. Hasbro will have to take notice of the 3rd party success and answer it. Most likely from litigations, but it should change the market up nicely for us.

I really want this Soundwave now too!
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262781)
Posted by joevill on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:47am CDT
OMG this is AMAZING!!!!!
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262782)
Posted by whacko on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
That looks awesome!

It is surprising, given how simnplistic Soundwave's tranformation is and how popular the character is that a 3rd party has beaten Takara/Hasbro to producing an MP Soundwave.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262784)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:49am CDT
I like it, I really like it. I hope they can work in some more details, just to try to reduce his blocky appearance. I know Soundwave was blocky but they could sculpt in some more panels here and there to break it up. Would look less like an upscaled toy then.

Im very happy all of a sudden.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262786)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:50am CDT
I really like the look of this. I hope they make new cassettes too!
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262792)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
:APPLAUSE: This will be the only MP i will own. (hopefully)
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262795)
Posted by Astrofizix on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
so this looks good, but it is just scaled up, with the benefit of better articulation. I would love to see some aspect of the transformation being different from the G1 mold, or some gimmicks, something we appreciate in the "masterpiece" lines. This is more like the custom masterpiece soundwaves built by upgrading a G1 you find so often on ebay. I like it, but they better not want $100 bucks for it.

Maybe you don't mess with perfection though.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262800)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:58am CDT
Now that is sweet.

Going to pick this one up Seibs or still a no go on the third party train.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262802)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
I do hope they can figure out a way to get him to grip his rifle tighter. I don't like how it looks all Rodimus Prime-y the way it dangles limpt wrist.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262814)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262821)
Posted by RodimalToyota on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:11am CDT
A little loop hole called "not for profit"

but.. HELL YES I want! sell me know now! I command you!
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262823)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:12am CDT
Treetop Maximus wrote:How do these people get away with this stuff? I thought there were laws in place about things that looked like trademarked characters.

So did I but I dont think the same rules apply in China or Japan....or they just dont give a fig.
Re: Unofficial MP Style G1 Soundwave & Blaster in Development (1262828)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:16am CDT

It's almost like different countries have different laws.

This will be mine, just like every other Soundwave mold.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack Trailbreaker radar dish! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe. Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Dinobot *New In Box*" on EBAY