Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages

Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 1:58pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,485

Matt Moylan has updated his Lil Formers blog with several pages from Dreamwave's uppublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4. Visit Lil Formers to check them out.

All these pages are drawn by Joe, but actually half the issue was drawn by Marcelo Matere. Erik Sander did the inks, and we believe colors were by Eric Burns (both mine and Joe’s memories are a little fuzzy on this. Correct us if we’re wrong Eric!). And story is of course by Simon Furman.

Credit(s): Matt Moylan

Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370866)
Posted by Va'al on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Wow, so that's what the mutated Grimlock AE clone looks like..!
Close enough in my head.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370874)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
To whoever it was who didn't believe me when I said this happened in the script, :michaelbay:

Also that is much more badass than what I imagined it looked like.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370880)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CDT
wow. was so disappointed this got cut short. Seeing these is really a nice perk.

Can anyone remind me what the plot was so far? You know, in like 50 words or less? Where did this beefed up Grim come from? I own it, but it's been years since I read it. I know Optimus is missing, there are a lot of seeker clones hanging around....
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370882)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:49pm CDT
sick art
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370883)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 19th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CDT

I'm glad to see every page I can get of this lost and tainted era of Transformers!
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370889)
Posted by Joetx on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:I may be alone in this but I actually miss Dreamwave! Not the company, their practices, and sure as hell not Pat Lee, but the continuity. Even that art style (when not done by Lee himself anyway.) I don't know, it just feels more... G1, and I mean that in the least Geewun way possible. They really felt like a continuation of the old cartoon in a way that nothing else ever did.

You're not alone. I feel the quality of Dreamwave's TFs stories are of better quality than IDW's. IDW has had a few good TFs series, but also too many clunkers for my tastes.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370890)
Posted by Heavy B on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CDT

I loved the g1 continuity, and the energon comic makes the cartoon look like it was made by retarded chimps. I would have loved to have seen where beast wars and cybertron would have gone
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370896)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
This is perfect timing!

I'm actually going start reading the Dreamwave G1 comics for the first time ever pretty soon. 8)
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370902)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 19th, 2012 @ 3:28pm CDT
Yeah, I completely agree with you, Zodconvoy. The Dreamwave stuff felt like a seamless continuation out of G1... giving it a lot of respect and care than 20 years of fans have come to expect.

The current line, though it does have some real high points at times, is such a hodge-podge of movie aesthetics and complete redesigns. While I know every artist wants his crack at pretending to be a toy designer, I'd really prefer the characters look recognizable. I'm tired of the total redesigns, different transformations with every issue, odd skeletal faces, cluttered walking-junk-heap movie designs, etc. I want some continuity out of the comic series. For it to feel like one big arc, instead of a comic-to-comic deal.

You'd never get that with a franchise like Batman. Dude shows up on the scene, he looks like that black suit wearing dude you've been expecting... with only a few SLIGHT changes, if any. I want that kind of respect for the franchise.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370928)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:24pm CDT
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370931)
Posted by Chaoslock on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CDT
Steroids are baad things.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370935)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 19th, 2012 @ 4:53pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:if idw can pick up marvels ol domics. why cant they do that with dreamwaves war within ?
Continuing Marvel was the more popularly-decided choice.

Though, War Within just had three more issues left and that's it.

20 issues, however, fits better for a full series, as is what the Regeneration One series will be.

And, who knows? Maybe, somewhere down the line in the future, we'll see some of the Dreamwave material wrapped up. All that's left to finish is:
  • War Within - 3 issues
  • G1 - 4 issues
  • Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front - 5 issues
  • Energon - 6 issues
  • Energon MTMTE - 2 issues
  • Beast Wars - all of it, but most of it was already recycled into IDW's "The Gathering" series.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1370970)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 19th, 2012 @ 6:25pm CDT
MattMoylan wrote:Not this guy again... Moylan is a total hack!

I heard he kicks babies.

And he drinks the blood of bronies! :D

EDIT:

Okay, seriously, I love your stuff.
Re: Unpublished Transformers War Within: Age of Wrath #4 Pages (1371136)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:46am CDT
Yeah, for real. LilFormers has consistently been clever, funny, beautifully drawn, and not to mention hitting the nail on the head with any commentary. I'm really glad it's back. I hope Moylan never stops doing it. I'd really love to see the whole run in print... and featured as a long standing back-page comic. It's that good.

So yeah. Seriously. A book. I'll buy it.

And as for the Dreamwave unfinished projects, I think you nailed it in the order I'd want to see them come to completion... they could do them just like Marvel series.... round out some comics, then compile them into some nice TPBs and hard covers with lots of extras.

The top three here are the ones really bothering me. But I wouldn't complain about getting Energon, too. I'd buy any and all of these in a heartbeat. Of course, least excited about BW since it was covered by IDW nicely. (If it was indeed the same story/content.)

War Within - 3 issues
G1 - 4 issues
Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front - 5 issues
Energon - 6 issues
Energon MTMTE - 2 issues

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 WRECK-GAR Lot For Parts With Gun, Vintage Takara 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G19 Hunter ratchet" on EBAY