Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction

Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 4:37am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 60,752

Ah, that seeker Thundercracker. He's certainly been at the center of controversy for the past few years. Whether it's been with BotCon '07, Henkei, or Generations, he's made seeker collectors and completionists scratch their heads. In regards to the Animated toy line, Thundercracker's fate is certainly a sad one. Takara never had the intentions of taking the figure under their wing, and Hasbro never pulled the trigger after the figure's production with fellow wave mate Mudbuster Bulkhead.

And here we are today. Likely a holy grail to many, Animated Voyager Thundercracker is only in the hands of the select few. You could be one of the few if you are the winner of this auction for Animated Voyager Thundercracker, from ebay user deceptigar. Happy bidding!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Deceptigar

Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1216972)
Posted by Blurrz on May 4th, 2011 @ 4:39am CDT
BID TO THE DEATH

WHO IS MY OPPONENT?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217009)
Posted by rpetras on May 4th, 2011 @ 6:53am CDT
Blurrz wrote:BID TO THE DEATH

WHO IS MY OPPONENT?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA

I'd love to fight you for it, but that price is already too rich for my blood.
=P~ =P~ =P~
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217019)
Posted by RhA on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:30am CDT
Damn you, Thundercracker, damn you.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217022)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:35am CDT
RhA wrote:Damn you, Hastak, damn you.

Fix'd
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217024)
Posted by Ojunix on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217026)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 7:54am CDT
Ojunix wrote:I don't get it why didn't Takara released a version of Thundercracker they did for the other Seekers & they even released the other Molds that we never got in State ex:Blackout so why was Thundercracker single out? :c

Blackout was an original mold that time and development money had been put into but had not been released while Thundercracker was a repaint of a mold already released a few times?

In other words, HasTak wanted some return on the Blackout mold while the Seeker mold had already paid for itself?
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217034)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:09am CDT
Hopy sh*t that price rose fast. Good luck Blurrz...
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217040)
Posted by It Is Him on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:19am CDT
Thundercracker could easily break previous auction records, maybe even approach 5 digits.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217042)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:28am CDT
It's at $510 and the reserve isn't met yet? Wow.

Although I guess it's not that surprising-this is just about as exclusive as a figure can get...
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217043)
Posted by ZenPrime on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:30am CDT
It would be cheaper to get a TFA StarScream and get it professionally painted. Still very tempting tho...
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217044)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:41am CDT
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217045)
Posted by It Is Him on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:43am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:There's really no reason that this figure won't ultimately see a regular release.

If Thundercracker does get released, I'll eat my own intestinal track.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217047)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:49am CDT

Still, this is tempting me to waste a lot of what little money I have on lotto tickets.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the higher this thing's price soars, the more appropriate it is for the character's personality?

"I'm only THE most expensive Transformer from ANY continuity!!!
Suck it, Lucky Draw!!!!!"
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217048)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:49am CDT
Why spend that much?! TFsource has him on sale for $13.00

Am I missing something? Is it the same or maybe its the packaging? :???: I got one coming and I didn't a crazy price for him.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217050)
Posted by It Is Him on May 4th, 2011 @ 8:58am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Well, this puts things in perspective: There'll be other Warudaroses on Ebay after the one that got away from me last night, unlike this fella'.

I <3 Warudaros. My childhood one is smashed so badly he can't combine anymore.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217053)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 4th, 2011 @ 9:01am CDT
It Is Him wrote:

If Thundercracker does get released, I'll eat my own intestinal track.

That's a bit drastic. Don't do that. When I go back to the sunshine state you'll miss out on coffee time discussions of Transformers with me and Flux...because you're breath will be terribly poopy and we won't invite you.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217058)
Posted by Rated X on May 4th, 2011 @ 9:13am CDT
With the popularity of seekers, I think KO toys will jump on this mold sooner or later. It would be great for all of us so we can all have Thundercracker, Slipstream and the Rainmakers in animated form.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217061)
Posted by ubertenorman on May 4th, 2011 @ 9:15am CDT
Sentinel Maximus wrote:Why spend that much?! TFsource has him on sale for $13.00

The one on TF Source is the Takara Activators Thundercracker.

The figure being bidded on is the unreleased Voyager Starscream repaint. (There was no official Voyager Thundercracker released...this is a prototype/test figure.)
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217085)
Posted by It Is Him on May 4th, 2011 @ 10:42am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

If Thundercracker does get released, I'll eat my own intestinal track.

I'll bring Scope, just in case.
Re: Unreleased Animated Thundercracker Up For Auction (1217088)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 4th, 2011 @ 11:01am CDT
I was just thinking how hilarious it would be if this was a sign it will get released eventually. I wonder if the people who pay these ridiculous amounts for figures ever regret it?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY