Saturday, December 18th, 2010 3:04am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Auctions
Posted by: Savage   Views: 93,276

Do you love G2? Do you love rare, unreleased toys? Is your wallet over-burdened? Then Lee's Toy Review has some eBay auctions for you! Check out their auctions for BLUE Combat Hero Optimus Prime, GREY Combat Hero Megatron, and Laser Cycle Soundwave!

Spend a few moments staring in awe at the beauty of these unreleased Transformers. For a moment, entertain the notion of owning them. Then look at the price tags and watch your dreams disintegrate like Starscream in the 1986 movie! Some lucky fan(s) out there is going to be the target of our eternal jealousy.

Happy bidding!

Hasbro 1995 Megatron Hero very rare MOC c-7+

Hasbro 1995 Optimus Prime Hero very rare MOC c-7+

Hasbro 1994 Soundwave Laser Cycle very rare MOC c-8

Credit(s): Lee's Toy Review

This article was last modified on Saturday, December 18th, 2010 3:42am CST

Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158662)
Posted by Seibertron on December 18th, 2010 @ 3:12am CST
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158663)
Posted by Burn on December 18th, 2010 @ 3:22am CST
Seibertron wrote:Very awesome find. I had no idea that samples of carded blue Optimus and grey Megatron existed. I would love to get my hands on those figures, bust 'em out of their packages and take photos of them to share with the world!

Could you please video you busting them out?

I'd love to hear the crys of pain of all those hardcore MOSC collectors as they watch it. :twisted:
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158665)
Posted by Seibertron on December 18th, 2010 @ 3:51am CST
Burn wrote:

Could you please video you busting them out?

They'd better hope I never get my hands on those G2 Protectobots or Stunticons! I'd risk GPS and all to photograph them for the site and to have them archived permanently.
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158677)
Posted by Moonbug on December 18th, 2010 @ 6:02am CST
I knew of toy carded Primes, that one and the one I own (gallery hear).

The Megatron is cool, I have a loose one that I photographed the other year. I'd really like a loose Prime though to photograph, I've opened too many un-release G2 figures in the past lol.
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158697)
Posted by Rated X on December 18th, 2010 @ 7:47am CST
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158707)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on December 18th, 2010 @ 8:33am CST
Yeah, if I got my grubby paws on those things, they would get opened, displayed, and possibly even modded. :shock:

Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158718)
Posted by Moonbug on December 18th, 2010 @ 8:59am CST
Rated X wrote:Even for mint in the box, they're clowning with those prices. A fair price would be say, 1000 bucks each. Those prices have surpassed the Transformers collectors world. I don't think anyone is going to pay prices comparable to that of high end antiques for Transformers memorabilla. For that price I could buy something that was raised from Titanic or recovered from King Tut's tomb.

You do realise that some Transformers items, granted they were hardcopies, have exchanged owners for over $10,000 before. On average, the price for the unreleased Lazer Cycles over the last ten years, that I am aware of has varied from between $800 to $2500, with the majority falling in at around $2k.

After the cases of these figures were distributed back in the mid 90s to collectors, they pretty much went over cover for half a decade which is why the first few Stunticons / Protectobots to appear on eBay in the early to mid 2000s average in at around $1,100 to $1,500 a piece.

There won't be many people after but I could well see them going for around those prices.
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158742)
Posted by ImperiaxPrime on December 18th, 2010 @ 10:11am CST
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Interesting how Soundwave's card says "light saber". I thought that would have been a Lucasfilm trademark.

If Lucasfilm has the trademark it is on "lightsaber", one word. The space between makes all the difference.
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158767)
Posted by Seibertron on December 18th, 2010 @ 11:37am CST
Rated X wrote:Even for mint in the box, theyre clowning with those prices. A fair price would be say, 1000 bucks each. Those prices have surpassed the Transformers collectors world. I dont think anyone is going to pay prices comparable to that of high end antiques for Transformers memorabilla. For that price I could buy something that was raised from Titanic or recovered from King Tut's tomb.

Speak for yourself ... if I had the extra cash, I'd be willing to buy the Megatron and Prime around that price. They're one of a kind items! Yeah, it's absurd money for most of us, especially for repaints, but they represent a unique period of time in Transformers history where a large handful of figures were never released.

And besides that, most of us don't collect antiques or items recovered from the Titanic or King Tut's tomb. We collect Transformers.
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158817)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 18th, 2010 @ 3:54pm CST
definitely not for the average collector with those prices
even if i have more money to blow on TF's i would not pay that
price, maybe for a fort max but not for those
chances are those will sell fast (not)!
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158854)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 18th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CST
You mean to say Ryan doesn't own one of these colored monstrosities yet? Joke guys.......seriously, Ryan, do you own any more carded G2 TFs?
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158887)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on December 19th, 2010 @ 12:06am CST
Man they would of been all cool in mass release .I like the Laser Cycle Jazz ,man so cool ,not fair. :sad:
Re: Unreleased G2 figures on eBay: grey Hero Megatron, blue Hero Optimus Prime, & Laser Cycle Soundwave (1158916)
Posted by Rated X on December 19th, 2010 @ 6:24am CST
Seibertron wrote:

Point well taken Ryan. But I do feel that if high end collectors learn not to give in so easy, I bet the prices would drop a grand. Let these items sit untouched and gather dust on e-bay for a few bids. At the end of the day, this guy wants to make money. Too bad people wont try to wear him down over the months. I bet Rick from Pawn Stars tould talk that guy into selling them cheap. :D

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY