Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack

Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack

Saturday, August 1st, 2009 11:48am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 22,889

More box sets are appearing, the newest composed of basic proportions. This will be the second time the 2007 Movie Blackout mold will be featured in a two pack, as an unchanged Voyager Grindor and an unchanged Voyager Desert Tracker Ratchet are what compose the Surface to Air Showdown 2-pack.

Re: In Package image of Fire Fallen, 2-Pack ROTF "Surface to Air Showdown"

It is unclear what store will have this two pack as an exclusive, however with no minor adjustments to the figures, it's clear that this box set is something that most people will miss out on.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest news and updates!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, S250

Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966098)
Posted by Overcracker on August 1st, 2009 @ 12:40pm CDT
Skyfall looks very cool. I passed on Silverbolt and Darkwind, but these colors really make me want to pick up the mold.

The two pack, would have been much more buyable if Ratchet had been repainted better. Making the black parts a smokey gray is not enough to warrant a purchase.

The Fallen: still not impressed.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966111)
Posted by jaws on August 1st, 2009 @ 1:03pm CDT
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966137)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:05pm CDT
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966141)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:09pm CDT
Primus1101 wrote:Will probably get it. Why? I want a Ratchet replacement for my broken Rescue Ratchet and my broken Blackout!

Geez, Hasbro is sure catering to you. Mind breaking your Leader Buster Prime and Leader Jetfire? I wouldn't mind that in a two pack. :P
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966153)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 1st, 2009 @ 2:51pm CDT
I wish they'd make a more interesting set.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966217)
Posted by Rated X on August 1st, 2009 @ 5:23pm CDT
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966219)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 1st, 2009 @ 5:41pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Gladly. I'll make sure it is an exclusive, unreleased Premium Jetfire too! :D
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966221)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 1st, 2009 @ 5:46pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Was there really ever a "Grindor" in the movie ??? I remember seeing a grey helicopter robot that looked just like Blackout. (Prime finished him off quick) And I thought this could have been that Blackout was revived with Megatron since the underwater scene was so unclear and quick...Does anyone else agree ???

That was Grindor.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966448)
Posted by prowl123 on August 2nd, 2009 @ 8:50am CDT
jaws wrote:They should have made it a voyager Optimus Prime and Grindor set, don't remember Ratchet fighting Grindor. Give Prime some hooks and it would be awesome.

Dude I cant even say how with you I am. It would be even better if they made Grindor's head come off and split in half. Then I would get it
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966449)
Posted by prowl123 on August 2nd, 2009 @ 8:52am CDT

Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966455)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 2nd, 2009 @ 9:30am CDT
prowl123 wrote:

Nope. Remember in the movie when there were a lot of generic Decepticons in the desert assault? My guess is they came from the Breeding chamber that ran out of Energon later on. Some had (adapted) forms similar to other 'cons, that's how the doubles of the Constructicons (and the rogue Bonecrusher) can be explained. Same goes for the Blackout lookalike Grindor.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966537)
Posted by nemesis-prime on August 2nd, 2009 @ 1:44pm CDT
this 2 pack still wont get me to buy ratchet unless i find it on clearence
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966550)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 2nd, 2009 @ 2:20pm CDT
nemesis-prime wrote:this 2 pack still wont get me to buy ratchet unless i find it on clearence

Same, only for the 2007 version. The RotF one has inferior paint apps, for pete sake half of the life line deco is missing!
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966692)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:23pm CDT
I call CostCo exclusive!
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966702)
Posted by Blurrz on August 2nd, 2009 @ 7:46pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I call CostCo exclusive!

Nah, Costco usually goes for something bigger. I call TRU exclusive, with a price that will make the figures sellable, something like $45 Canadian and $35 American.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966813)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 2nd, 2009 @ 11:24pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I call CostCo exclusive!

I disagree. Other than Universe Unicron, TRU doesn't usually so straight repackages like this. CostCo's last two (Cybertron Prime and Wing Saber and Cyb Prime and Crumplezone) were repackages. Unless I've totally forgotten what store those belonged to. Which, after two gin and tonics tonight, is *very* possible. ;-)

EDIT: Right after I hit submit, I remembered the Desert Attack 2 pack with Blackout and Scorponok. But something makes this feel CostCo still.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (966849)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2009 @ 12:47am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I call CostCo exclusive!

Nah, TRU's exclusives are really slowing down here, and I just have a feeling that this will be it. Autobot Strike Mission has 4 Deluxes, and that's totally Costco material all over it.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (967007)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 10:16am CDT
I think Stike Mission is going to be Sam's Club based on "one slightly repainted" figure. Battle for the Cyber Planet Keys and Prime and Arcee vs Starscream are similar style sets.
Re: Unveiling of 'Surface to Air Showdown' Two Pack (967189)
Posted by Blurrz on August 3rd, 2009 @ 2:59pm CDT
Well I'm not going to lie, I originally thought that ASM was going to be a Sam's Club. I guess we'll just wait and see what ends up happening. I'm still hoping for a Costco Leader Prime + Jetfire... one can only hope.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "MIP Loyal Subjects -Transformers - Blitzwing Glow in the Dark - HASTINGS" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2017 Exclusive The Last Knight Optimus Prime AND Transformers AOE Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Bonecrusher Longhaul Mirage Figure Lot Hot Topic Red" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "2020-Jada-Nano Hollywood Rides-TRANSFORMERS-Starscream,Bumblebee,Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY