Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images

Friday, November 20th, 2015 9:00AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 52,458

If the Combiner Wars G2 Menasor and G2 Superion sets announced earlier this year at San Diego Comic-Con were up your alley, then you'll be equally excited about Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus! A poor quality image of the front of the box leaked online yesterday, but now we've got some official images directly from Hasbro that we can share with all of you that Hasbro showed us during a presentation earlier this week.

Bruticus is a Decepticon Combiner made from the Combaticons Onslaught, Swindle, Brawl, Vortex and Blast Off. As an extra bonus, a Legends Class Shockwave figure is included so that you can recreate those classic scenes from the Generation One episode "The Revenge of Bruticus". This giftset presents all 6 of these characters in classic Generation 2 colors. Of special note is Shockwave, whose color scheme homages his 1990 G1 Action Master counterpart.

While an exact date was not specified for this product's release date, we're estimating some time around next summer (early 3rd quarter). As more information about this product becomes available, we will be sure to share it with all of you. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all of your latest Transformers news and information!

Share your thoughts about the Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus giftset on our forums by clicking here.

Transformers News: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images
Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus 00 package

Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus 12 Vortex

Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus 13 Swindle

Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus 14 Brawl
Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742880)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:06am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:lets be honest, one of the few reasons they're using Skylynx for Leokaiser is the cat-like combined mode head.

Without a doubt that's why. It was the First thing I thought of when I heard what they were doing

I'll be honest, it was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it, so they're not too far off base >:oP

Can't wait to get my hands on the torso dude, it's a complete shame they're using 2 of the crappy brawl mold (can't believe I'm saying this already for it :BANG_HEAD: )
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742881)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:09am CST

Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742882)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:10am CST
G2 Bruticus is gorgeous, it's a shame 'bout brawl, but I will be getting this guy =P~
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742892)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:20am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

There are certainly ways of making it look like Liokaiser collectively, at the cost of the torso bots.

The problem is that a vehicle that turns into a beast is unlike most other bots outside of the current RID line. More suited to a Hatchet or, dare I say, a Purple Griffin. Heck, with retooling and replacing the shuttle, you could make an argument for Hun-Grrr.
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742894)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:23am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

With that Purple face and the tread arms, Brawl looks unintentionally like a tiny Tarn. :-P
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742897)
Posted by Va'al on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:24am CST
Shuttershock wrote:

Unintentionally, you say..? :-?
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742901)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

Yeah, I mean, they could have just remolded a combiner head for cyclonus (better his alt mode than a concorde...) but I am looking forward to this - so long as the mold doesn't blow a'la brawl - as it really intrigues me, I wonder if it will have painted trousers to emulate jalguar? Probably not, hasbro's been pretty stingy with extra paint apps, oh well >:oP
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742912)
Posted by Black Hat on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:42am CST

But that Shockwave...his colours are somehow MORE tasteful than the regular Shockwave. I'm sorry, but this is inexcusable. He shoulda been bright magenta with orange highlights, or at least coloured like Energon Sixshot. G2 without horrendously vulgar colour schemes is like cheesecake without any cheese. [-(

(In all seriousness though, he does look pretty nice.)

What's wrong with CW Brawl by the way, and is there any way of fixing him? I mean, I'm planning on getting the UW version, so hopefully based Takara will fix him...
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742919)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:49am CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Man, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off actually look pretty good in their G2 colours.

(In all seriousness though, he does look pretty nice.)

There appears to be no method to connect brawls pelvis securely to his torso, it's basically blitzwing syndrome in his spine.

Also, retconning sixshot as G2 shockwave would have been pretty awesome, as his deco was pretty garish already...
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742920)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:49am CST

(In all seriousness though, he does look pretty nice.)

Apparently it's an issue that, because of the hinge on his hips, there's an unintended large gap between his chest and hips (no abdomen). The G2 image shows the hips hinged differently to fill the gap, but they don't lock together.

I can see this aggravating a child trying to play with it more than an adult displaying it, where he's either always combined or part of a group. Personally, I don't mind and I'll just fiddle with it to get a good look.
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742922)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:55am CST
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742925)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:57am CST
Shuttershock wrote:

(In all seriousness though, he does look pretty nice.)

Well, it's more the point that they (has/tak, as both helped design them I imagine) let this happen, that they intentionally let another blitzwing out into the market...

Unless it interferes somehow with a limb-mode, there had to be a way to lock the parts together, even if they changed the current pelvis to the mis-transformed one, and put a clip there to lock it together.
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742927)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 10:58am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:I don't remember who suggested it, but someone said G2 Shockwave should've been him in his Radioshack (Astro Man?) colors. Which would've been cool.

If it was th grey version, it was rated X and others.
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742939)
Posted by Glarryg on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:15am CST

Glarryg
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742940)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:18am CST
Glarryg wrote:Purple and orange Shockwave is the Action Master version, which, I think, is closer to garish G2-ness than an all-gray version.

Glarryg

Yeah, but energon sixshot takes the cake (while everyone was cringing at his colors ;) )
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742955)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:37am CST
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742956)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:38am CST
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742964)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:45am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:And I still can't figure out where the handle is on Shockwave's gun mode. How does Bruticus hold him?

Yeah, the abs are painted, so no trickery there, so... black magic?
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742965)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:46am CST

There is some sort of handle down where the underside of the chest will be, around the arm area. Not sure what it looks like yet, but there will be a 5mm handle somewhere there :BOT:
Re: Upcoming 2016 Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus Official Product Images (1742969)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2015 @ 11:53am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Oh for goodness sakes, before we even try to do a Liokaiser, can we at least get proper technobots? And why hasbro would release a japanese only show combiner I have no clue. If it looks good that'd be nice, but some of these choices just don't sound right, and all things considered, I'd hope they would not do him and instead wait. :BOT:

Right, an :BOT: combiner with a lackluster scattershot, and a nosecone with no abs... pass.

What I don't get is that there are a metric f@#k-ton of combiners coming out, considering CW is ending halfway through next year.

We know the G2 and Victorion waves are box sets, maybe G2 sups and menasor will be a case assortment, and G2 Bruticus and victorion will be a case assortment?

So (if the [fairly accurate thus far] rumors are to be believed) then, how are the (inevitably crappy and flawed) technobots and liokaiser going to be released? They can't all be boxsets, right? Will they be interspersed throughout TW, or will they really be boxsets too? I really don't want to pay $100 for a set with 2 crappy brawl figs just to get - what I imagine would be - an epic :CON: Sky Lynx repaint.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer