Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee

Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee

Sunday, January 8th, 2012 11:44am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 42,677

iGear have updated their facebook page with images of a couple of upcoming repaints of their MW-02 and Bee molds. The MW-02 repaint comes in black and red giving it a Road Ranger appearance in vehicle mode, but lacks he orange one would expect to see in robot mode if that's the homage they were going for. The Bee mold is being repainted to resemble Herbie the Love Bug. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): iGear

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 8th, 2012 11:57am CST

Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331555)
Posted by Poyguimogul on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:50am CST
I <3 RoadRanger!!! But herbie-the-love-bug-bite...? Come on son...
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331556)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:57am CST
repaints huh? you would think hasbro was in charge.

not cool.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331560)
Posted by craggy on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:03pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:repaints huh? you would think hasbro was in charge.

not cool.

you can't blame them for trying to get the most out of their awesome, complex (for the size) and possibly costly original mold.

umm...and Bee.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331564)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CST
I love that Herbie repaint!
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331573)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CST
Not really feeling the love for evil Rager. Don't hate it. Just don't want it.

Herbee looks downright evil with those eyes.

What are everyone's thoughts on whether iGear will give us a Mini Warriors Bumblee and Cliffjumper? Or do you think they'll say that the variations of this Bee figure are it?
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331576)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:34pm CST
I'm so digging Road Ranger and will get him when the pre-orders are ready. I had to pass up Rager for this one cause what is there not to like, seriously...? As for this new Bee repaint I don't hate it but I don't dig it either. IMO it would have looked much better with black windows. Well then there it is! :VEHI:
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331578)
Posted by jamiko on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CST
C'mon y'all don't hate, you know Herbie is extra fresh.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331596)
Posted by craggy on January 8th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:

I can only hope they get round to it eventually. Til then EZ collection Bee and Henkei Cliff will do me. I don't feel like paying any more for iGear's Bee, with it's same crappy articulation and re-shelled vehicle mode that actually ends up making the robot look even worse. Rager, and to a lesser extent Spray suggest that they can do a really good BB and Cliffy, and I'd hope they give CJ his big bazooka when they do. I'd even pay out for a Goldbug and the rest of the Throttlebots in that style.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331607)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CST
Not interested. Why not pipes ???
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331609)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2012 @ 4:09pm CST
Rated X wrote:Not interested. Why not pipes ???

They're just trying to get their money's worth out of this mold before the inevitable Pipes remold.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331612)
Posted by Skywarp64 on January 8th, 2012 @ 4:29pm CST
I'm diggin' that Herbie!
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331615)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 8th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CST
I like the Huffer repaint, I do..but I was hoping to at least see a Cosmos prototype before a repaint.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331628)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 8th, 2012 @ 5:49pm CST

Seriously, pissing off 3 separate multinational multibillion dollar companies has never fit in the palm of your hand so easily before!
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331659)
Posted by dinogeist on January 8th, 2012 @ 7:31pm CST
I suspose herbie bee is great for those that like transformers colored & decorated in other movies characters. this isn't for me,because i'm not a herbie the love bug fan. I saw some of the old school movies & didn't like them.

Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331677)
Posted by craggy on January 8th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CST
Tidalwavex wrote:I'm only willing to shell out the big bucks for 3rd parts toys that are voyager,ultra or leader size or supreme size.

something I believe everyone ever is well aware of by now.

Now, the new item's name has changed. "Black Rager"? Awesome suggestion. I'm so much more tempted to get one now. If I do, I'm going to call him Hooper X.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331684)
Posted by Flashwave on January 8th, 2012 @ 9:26pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:So iGear first steals an original Hasbro mold then turns it into a Volks Wagon then turns it into a Disney character? Guys, I think their actively trying to get sued out of business! :shock:

My thoughts as well, and as I recall Hollywood is much more serious about it's intellectual property than Hasbro is or can be.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331719)
Posted by Quantum Reflex on January 9th, 2012 @ 3:36am CST
What would be better, is a White Bumblebee with optional Herbie stickers, This would satisfy both Bugbite and Herbie fans.
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331734)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 9th, 2012 @ 4:51am CST
Walt Disney gonna sue somebody! :shock:
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331754)
Posted by vaporretarder on January 9th, 2012 @ 7:21am CST
Re: Upcoming iGear Repaints: Black Rager and Herbie the Love Bee (1331766)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 9th, 2012 @ 8:25am CST
vaporretarder wrote:i might end up getting the black rager, only if it doesn't sell very well and ends up on clearance. and also because of THIS...

Damn, now I want one too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY