Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Monday, September 11th, 2017 5:03pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 22,136

We have so many images to show you from Power of the Primes that we needed to split it into not one but two separate galleries. There are over 180 photos in grand total so be sure to check out those gallery links.

We have posted a few teaser images below to give you a sample. You can see a closer look at all the parts that make up Optimus Prime with Orion Pax as well as the clear plastic detailing on Jazz's headlights (It looks like he may be getting light piping!) We also have images of Voyager Starscream in his Jetmode. There are really too many new things to name so be sure to click the teaser images to see more.

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Transformers News: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes

Credit(s): hascon

This article was last modified on Monday, September 11th, 2017 5:20pm CDT

Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910276)
Posted by Rysquad on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:I wonder if they will have a legends class figure to act as some kind of add on weapon like they did with Combiner Wars?

Nope. The TitanPrime Masters will take that place.

In Titans Return, only the Braun Titan Master weapon looks good with a Combiner. All others seem too small, IMO.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910277)
Posted by DeadCaL on September 11th, 2017 @ 5:56pm CDT

What is it with Hasbro and giant hands and tiny feet? :lol:
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910280)
Posted by Prowl4 on September 11th, 2017 @ 6:14pm CDT
Emerje wrote:You know, part of me wishes Slash was a Deluxe optional fifth deluxe that left Swoop free to form wings on Volcanicus' back.

The more I look at Leader Optimus Prime the more I see the potential in future uses. Orion Pax and the trailer can be retooled into a better Powermaster OP without too many big changes. Then use the new Deluxe PM OP in white with a further modified trailer to make Ultra Magnus. The way Prime's arms go across the top of the trailer is very much like how UM's do. I doubt it'll happen in PotP, but the engineering is there for future use.

I saw the debate about how Hound and Arcee would have been done for the evolving Leader class gimmick. I'm thinking they would simply create a new evolved form for the either of them in the same vein as Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime. Leader class figures do come with a Matrix after all.

I kinda want an A3 that evolves into a Leader Alpha Trion.

I'm looking forward to forming King Starscream with Headmaster Starscream in his chest and Ghost Starscream as an arm.

Emerje

I think now that primal has been revealed there seems to be a what could have been factor. Aside from star saber Hound was my next choice, still surprised Ironhide wasn't a choice, but I think hound might have been a jeep towing a trailer or even a jeep that plugged into one of those six wheel military trucks with the cloth covers that could fit troops in the back. It actually could've linked to the movie hound as hound was pictured wearing a cape and that cloth cover definitely could've looked cool on hound prime. Ah this line is already giving me what ifs.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910281)
Posted by Rysquad on September 11th, 2017 @ 6:24pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:

I kinda want an A3 that evolves into a Leader Alpha Trion.

Emerje

Waiting for the young Daniel to old Daniel evolve figure... :)
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910294)
Posted by Autobotssuck on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:48pm CDT
Wow, now I want a black Decepticon repaint of that Jazz for my Menasor :D
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910295)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
Autobotssuck wrote:Wow, now I want a black Decepticon repaint of that Jazz for my Menasor :D

Black retool, torso flipped backward, new head, named Fracture or Crasher. thats what i want
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910302)
Posted by Graviton on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:25pm CDT
After getting a better look I think the dino limb modes look fantastic, shame Grimlock is not a good torso.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910306)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:33pm CDT
I don't know how long it takes to develop a figure so this may be a stupid question, but is it possible the leader class "evolution" gimmick was conceived after the fan vote for the new Prime? If not then I'm going to put my tin-foil hat on and say Hasbro would have guaranteed Arcee, Hound and Shockwave wouldn't win. What were they going to do, develop and produce a $50-$60 figure of a brand new character with no media support??? Of course not!

I really think they've screwed up Optimus Primal. They've taken the core character, the character destined to become Prime, and turned him into an accessory!!!

Angry.jpg

Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910307)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:50pm CDT
So I'm really liking the hope/idea that some of the torsos and limbs won't have an assigned team. I think this actually frees up both Hasbro and Takara to do their own thing and we may end up with even more variety between the 2 companies than CW gave us. If Takara is going the UW route with these, I expect some type of storyline and theme, even if the theme is something off the wall like Grand Galvatron.

But here is another thought, what if Takara doesn't go the UW route and instead releases them as individual figures? Or a combination of combiner sets and individual releases or smaller packs like Buster/Hydra? Except for Abominus, none of the others expected in PotP were official combiners, so I can see Takara throwing us for a loop.

Time will tell. At least TR wave 6 being mostly repeats gives my wallet a much needed break for Christmas. I mean, assuming wave 5 shows up before Christmas.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910317)
Posted by Qwan on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:38pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I think it would've been more faithful if Primal transformed into his gorilla mode, and the Optimal armour transformed in to the tank and fighter mode. Alt-mode connectivity could've seen Primal fit in the back/top of the vehicle.
Yeah, much as I admire the creativity of having Primal turn into the core of all the Optimal modes, I kinda miss the idea of having those heavy-duty sci-fi vehicles with a monkey sitting on top and driving them. Ah well, dreams must sometimes be shattered in the course of life I suppose... :(
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910318)
Posted by william-james88 on September 11th, 2017 @ 10:46pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
edit: Additionally, look how big Orion Pax is compared to the Leader he's a part of; that's no Deluxe.

According to Hasbro, it is

Sorry for a dated reply but I was going through the slides for a news story and found that they spelled it out on the slide.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910319)
Posted by Lucky Logician on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CDT
Dear Hasbro,

Do you want to make a Convention exclusive figure that will bring all the boys to the yard for sure? Do a little retooling and turn Moonracer into Rung. No one will give a damn about the alt mode; they'll all be too busy being happy to own a Rung.

Thank you.

Seriously though. This mold is already pretty close to Rung. Like so close that I'd almost think it is a pre-tool for Rung. (The only reason I don't think so is because Rung is a bit of an obscure character.) Hasbro just needs to get the Lost Light writers to come up with some reason to bring Rung back and turn him into a car. Then Ta-Da, it would be perfect!
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910321)
Posted by kurthy on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:06pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Dear Hasbro,

Thank you.

Seriously though. This mold is already pretty close to Rung. Like so close that I'd almost think it is a pre-tool for Rung. (The only reason I don't think so is because Rung is a bit of an obscure character.) All you need is to get the comic book writers to find some random excuse to give Rung a car alt mode.

Or in the retools,just remove the wheels and have him turn into an ornamental tube like thingy.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910325)
Posted by Albatross250 on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:15pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, let's look at King Starscream here:

Observation: Dreadwind is an arm... and he uses Rippersnapper as a leg.
Hypothesis: He's a spare torso like regular CW Optimus Prime, Cyclonus, and non-box set Scattershot.

Conclusion: :TAKARATOMY: Will Hopefully make a new Combiner for Starscream. ;)

Either that or im getting the Galaxy Force vibes on this one.... even the crown too...
well Super Starscream ain't bad for a combiner :APPLAUSE:
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910326)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

According to Hasbro, it is

They lie, thats a Mega at minimum
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910329)
Posted by Seibertron on September 11th, 2017 @ 11:58pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ok, let's look at King Starscream here:

Observation: Dreadwind is an arm... and he uses Rippersnapper as a leg.

Conclusion: :TAKARATOMY: Will Hopefully make a new Combiner for Starscream. ;)

well Super Starscream ain't bad for a combiner :APPLAUSE:

This just gave me an idea ... how about a Seekers set with Deluxe Skywarp, Thundercracker, and 2 other Seekers along with the Voyager Starscream. Now that would be cool!!!
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910340)
Posted by Va'al on September 12th, 2017 @ 4:19am CDT
Moving once more to Transformers: Power of the Primes, we have an additional clip showing the display case after the Sunday update for the figures we have collected already in our galleries (which we have shown here)! The video pans over the likes of new Orion Pax / Optimus Prime, Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime, Swoop, Slash, Grimlock, Slug, Snarl, and Sludge (as well as the previously revealed figures shown at SDCC earlier this year) - and the best look yet at the grey prototype of their combined mode, Volcanicus, talked through by the Transformers brand team!

Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910342)
Posted by ExciKaiser on September 12th, 2017 @ 4:25am CDT
I still wonder why we saw only the grey prototype combined.
I mean the 5 dinobots are ready, they changed disposition of the booth several times (optimus in package, combined, uncombined), why not the dinobots ?
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910345)
Posted by Deathsanras on September 12th, 2017 @ 4:39am CDT
Dagon wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:
Also, it has been confirmed throughout the week that, as in Combiner Wars, every deluxe in Power of the Primes can be an arm or a leg.

Wait, so since Optimus Primal, Hot Rod and Orion Pax are all Deluxes, albeit paired with the Leader gimmick, does that mean they also function as combiner limbs, and thus there could be a "Primes" combiner?

Do you mean like the Deluxe figure from Rodimus could be used with Optimus or Primal? That would be pretty neat, and there's a chance that the larger bodies might be engineered similarly enough to make it possible. Possibly.

We knew Starsream was going to be a torso from the SDCC images. That may have been the worst kept secret of this convention. But, what if since the combined mode is going to be crowned Starscream, what if they just reuse the Galvatronus head from CW Cyclonus? It's kind of crownish already.... and that would be unfortunate.

I was thinking more like having a CW Optimus Prime torso with "Deluxe-ish"-stage Optimus Primal, Hot Rod, Orion Pax and someone else, like, I don't know, one of the inevitable Leader redecos/remolds (Guardian Prime? Prime Nova? Rodimus Unicronus?), as limbs.
Re: Updated #HASCON 2017 Galleries for Power of the Primes (1910346)
Posted by Insurgent on September 12th, 2017 @ 4:51am CDT
No. The 'Deluxes' in the Leader figures lack the combiner peg. They integrate into their trailers differently. Unless that's a feature they haven't revealled yet.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY