Transformers News: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 7:54am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,098

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore seems to have mistakenly updated their product listing the Voyager Class Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime with new images of his upcoming Ultimate Class version. Check the two new images out below.

Update: In-package image added courtesy of eandilek.cz:

Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime and Predaking

Credit(s): BBTS, eandilek.cz

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 14th, 2013 10:48pm CDT

Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471666)
Posted by WarHorse on March 14th, 2013 @ 7:59am CDT
Finally. A Prime that comes with his own Bop It... :roll:
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471670)
Posted by Redimus on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
Wow. Words can't describe how awful that thing looks.

Supreme Cheetor, RotF Devastator, step back, you can't compete with this crock of shite!
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471672)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:14am CDT
I think his "battle wheel" is kinda cool. But I don't like that shield at all. The sword's kinda cool, but I like the Voyager version's green sword better.

I already have the Voyager version, and this looks like it's practically the same figure, just upscaled. The Voyager is good enough for me. I'll pass on this.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471673)
Posted by Venoose1 on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
Did someone stick a legends class head on him for a laugh?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471674)
Posted by Super Megatron on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
LOL take that, Optimus Prime worshippers! Hasbro has finally realized that Optimus fanboys are gonna buy anything with the name "Optimus" slapped onto it!

Coming soon: Optimus Prime tampons - for men!
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471676)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:24am CDT
Venoose1 wrote:Did someone stick a legends class head on him for a laugh?

LOL, I was so distracted by the weapons I didn't even notice his head. :lol:

In all seriousness, I wonder if they actually just repurposed the Voyager head?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471677)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:24am CDT
those weapons are pure crap
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471678)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
I'm an optimus prime completists (in that I get new US released molds , no repaints) but even I'm not sure about that thing. Voyager size may be my limit here.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471679)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
Holy... what?

Why's his head so small?

What's with the hoola hoop?

Why is his vehicle mode stubby and full of holes?

Why did he steal my Monster Hunter characters' sword?

Think I'll pass on this and grab the Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471682)
Posted by Brakethrough on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:37am CDT
I know Optimus Prime figures have a history of having fairly lazy transformations...but this one is monumentally lackadaisical. Don't bother filling in those gaps with panels or anything, right?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471684)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:05am CDT
Anyone know when this is coming out and how much it will be ?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471694)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
Anyone know when it is coming out and how much it will be ?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471695)
Posted by Xephon0930 on March 14th, 2013 @ 9:45am CDT
Oh for Primus sake!!! This thing looks absolutely terrible. I mean,the vehicle mode is riddled with gaps and obvious kibble and the weapons do little to obscure it. Added with the stupid hoola hoop on his back and the weapons also looked better photoshopped. I mean seriously,there are much better figures of Prime such as the APS-01 Striker I could be splurging on!!! This is an easy pass for me. Also,where in the Allspark is Predaking?
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471697)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Venoose1 wrote:Did someone stick a legends class head on him for a laugh?

LOL, I was so distracted by the weapons I didn't even notice his head. :lol:

In all seriousness, I wonder if they actually just repurposed the Voyager head?

Dammit you beat me to that image but that's what it reminded me of :lol: wtf to that giant crap of plastic!!! Give us new megatron already :-x
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471698)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT
that wheel kills it. if it did not have that i would be sold.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471699)
Posted by mesh on March 14th, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
Ok so I own the Voyager BH Optimus Prime and I have to admit it's nothing special. In fact, it does nothing for me, so I've decided I'm gonna sell it at TFCon in Mississauga this July.

I can't stand it!

And now this!!!!?????
PASS! PASS! PASS!

I'm an Optimus Prime fan but I'm very selective and this doesn't even come under my radar.

Wow, what a shitty design.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471713)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime is a Beast Hunter in Beast Hunters who hunts beasts in Beast Hunters as a Beast Hunter hunting beasts. :P
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471714)
Posted by omega666 on March 14th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
Yes, just what I thought an Optimus Prime needed. An handle on the back of the truck mode so that I can carry it easily.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471719)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 14th, 2013 @ 11:36am CDT
Chandler Prime 1 wrote:Anyone know when it is coming out and how much it will be ?

No (probably $49.99 or more and who-knows-when), but the Voyager version is already available, and it's both better and cheaper. Do yourself a favor and get the Voyager and forget this thing even exists.
Re: Updated Official Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime (1471721)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on March 14th, 2013 @ 11:38am CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
Venoose1 wrote:Did someone stick a legends class head on him for a laugh?

LOL, I was so distracted by the weapons I didn't even notice his head. :lol:

In all seriousness, I wonder if they actually just repurposed the Voyager head?

Ha ha ha! Beetlejuice X3!

Actually the first image that popped into my head was that thing with the tiny pin head and huge arms from those horrible Puppet Master movies!

I must say I'm not in the least bit impressed by this iteration of Optimus. Absolutely nothing screams "BUY ME!" about it. I too will stick with the Voyager.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-3 Starscream Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Human Alliance BACKFIRE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Pre Order Takara Tomy Transformers SS-48 Offroad Bumblebee JAPAN F/S" on EBAY
Buy "[TAKARA TOMY] SS-35 KSI Boss Transformers Movie Studio Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! 2014 by FAB Starpoint RARE Nice!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Autobot Jazz Deluxe Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes BATTLETRAP Battleslash Roadtrap Bio Manual no2" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Sealed!" on EBAY