USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail

USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 10:24am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,513

USA Today has published a couple of interesting articles featuring Transformers DOTM's new villain Shockwave, and both reveal an interesting fact about the character. The first article features a new image of Shockwave (seen below). Click here to read the rest of the article and check out the rather spoiler-ish detail.

The second articles reveals that Shockwave has made their list of top 12 most wanted summer movie villains! In fact he's #3 just behind the Red Skull and Lord Voldemort. Again click here for spoiler-ish detail as it's mentioned here as well.

"He's always been a mean, mean guy, but he's even more menacing and more dangerous," says producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. "He's bigger, badder, with a greater arsenal."

Credit(s): DavidT, USA Today

Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233004)
Posted by First-Aid on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:35am CDT
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233036)
Posted by BluePhirePB on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
Haha morphs into snake bot? Not according to Rising Storm and Foundation!
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233041)
Posted by Lastjustice on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:18am CDT
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233063)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
First-Aid wrote:This just goes to show you how dumb the media is nowadays. Do your research before you write the article next time, idiots! The cyber-snake is Shockwave's PET! :BANG_HEAD:

BluePhirePB wrote:Haha morphs into snake bot? Not according to Rising Storm and Foundation!

You two are absolutely correct.It would be hella weird if Shockwave transforms into something that big and it has been revealed that the snake-like bot is his pet not his alt mode.Though there's a spoiler that said that he can ride the snake in his "cockpit".
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233064)
Posted by Blackmoon on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:37am CDT
Lastjustice wrote:I wouldn't be shocked if Shockwave could morph simliar how he could in Transformers animated. I'm guessing that huge beast that knocks over the skyscraper in the trailer isn't shockwave though. (I've been referring to as the dweller till an offical name surfaces as it reminds me of the dweller of the deep from G1.)

It's just simply known as a "Driller" in the novelization.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233072)
Posted by Amelie on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:44am CDT
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233073)
Posted by Lastjustice on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:45am CDT
Blackmoon wrote:

It's just simply known as a "Driller" in the novelization.

Heh I guess I was pretty close then.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233075)
Posted by First-Aid on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:46am CDT
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233076)
Posted by Leviathan on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
If this is true, even though it's obviously not, but I thought Bay said no size shifting? Why would he say that for the first two movies, then have Shockwave turn into something larger than Devastator?
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233077)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:48am CDT
Wait, so what they're saying is that Shockwave is, in reality, the Mecha-Kraken?!?!? But Shockwave is just too small to be the Mecha-Kraken! Too small!!! :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233080)
Posted by Blackmoon on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Shockwave rides in a cockpit on the Driller's back and it's said, in the novelization anyway, that he has a telepathic link with it so it's loyal only to him.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233085)
Posted by Dagon on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Here's a random thought: I wonder if SHockwave somehow merges physically or mentally with the Driller...but I'm not going to read the book to find out.

You stole my thought First-Aid. That's a possibility.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233093)
Posted by _I_Am_Megatron_ on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:08pm CDT
Oh brother... someone needs to do their researching before they write articles.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233102)
Posted by Lastjustice on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233117)
Posted by Dagon on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:34pm CDT
Lastjustice wrote:Well truth is...I just felt like putting a spoiler in my post too. Peer pressure. All cool kids are doing it. HAHA

Well, for your information, I read the spoiler about Shockwave piloting the driller, and I'm very disappointed that I did. That's lame to me, on the same lame level as having the little bug spy bots in ROTF. Can't entirely explain why, but I found that part lame, and I think I was happier under the idea that the driller was a sentient robot itself, not robo battle cat. Plus, I don;t think I've ever used the spoiler tag before.
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233118)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on June 3rd, 2011 @ 12:34pm CDT
Cool picture; dumb "spoiler."
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233152)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 1:37pm CDT
I want one of those...uh, no reason why... :twisted:
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233226)
Posted by First-Aid on June 3rd, 2011 @ 3:38pm CDT
Amelie wrote:The only thing revealing in that pic is Shockwaves penis. It's like one of the sheathes a horse or cat has. :P

it's kinda creepy that you're looking... :roll:

Laughed out loud. :APPLAUSE:
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233254)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 3rd, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT
JetOptimus23 wrote:I want one of those...uh, no reason why... :twisted:

Ewwwww! Get your mind outta the friggin' gutter! Nasty.... Imaginitive, but horribly nastry..... 8-}
Re: USA Today Articles Reveal Interesting New Shockwave Detail (1233262)
Posted by craggy on June 3rd, 2011 @ 4:36pm CDT
Shockwave's totally the bad "guy" from Gatchaman.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY