Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham

Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 12:55am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,737

Transformers News: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham

Credit(s): Kei Zama

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870426)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 30th, 2017 @ 1:00am CDT

Va'al, any chance we'll be getting a TAAO #8 review?
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870431)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 30th, 2017 @ 1:47am CDT
When is a third party gonna make a seriously ripping Sky lynx? This needs to happen.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870432)
Posted by steve2275 on March 30th, 2017 @ 2:03am CDT
pretty cool
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870435)
Posted by Va'al on March 30th, 2017 @ 2:13am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I'm starting to warm to Zama's art, though it is still a bit heavy looking for my tastes.

Va'al, any chance we'll be getting a TAAO #8 review?

Yep, it's on its way! I'm just very very very jet lagged and had actual work to attend to first - was drained by time I got home.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870438)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 30th, 2017 @ 2:34am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Va'al, any chance we'll be getting a TAAO #8 review?

Excellent, thanks! ;)^ Just wasn't sure if someone else was going to be guest-reviewing it, as it were.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870454)
Posted by Big Grim on March 30th, 2017 @ 4:56am CDT
I like Zama's art. Very 2000AD in my opinion.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870455)
Posted by Va'al on March 30th, 2017 @ 5:07am CDT
Big Grim wrote:I like Zama's art. Very 2000AD in my opinion.

Very much so, and in hers too. :D
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870462)
Posted by Big Grim on March 30th, 2017 @ 6:52am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Big Grim wrote:I like Zama's art. Very 2000AD in my opinion.

Very much so, and in hers too. :D

Oh, awesome! She's stated that's an inspiration?
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870466)
Posted by Va'al on March 30th, 2017 @ 7:12am CDT
Big Grim wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Big Grim wrote:I like Zama's art. Very 2000AD in my opinion.

Very much so, and in hers too. :D

Oh, awesome! She's stated that's an inspiration?

Yes and no - she's made no secret of it!

https://twitter.com/Golby_mkII/status/8 ... 9865713670

https://2000adonline.tumblr.com/post/11 ... Nz2E0f-vOQ
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870467)
Posted by Big Grim on March 30th, 2017 @ 7:22am CDT

Whoa, there's a lot of awesome on display there! Man, I remember loving ABC Warriors back in the day!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1870476)
Posted by Kurona on March 30th, 2017 @ 8:09am CDT
Va'al wrote:While we have seen two of the variant covers offered for IDW Publishing's Optimus Prime #6, out next month, we now also have another Kei Zama / Josh Burcham piece of art, featuring Skylynx, Optimus and Metrotitan, in clean linework and full colour! Check it out below from Zama's Twitter feed.

See, all this? Didn't need to say it. Completely unnecessary.

All you needed to say was THIS IS F*CKING AWESOME
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873626)
Posted by Insurgent on April 11th, 2017 @ 5:48am CDT
I love this artwork. I really do. And I like the idea of Prime finally breaking and unintentionally turning into Megatron. It's a new thing for him.

But.... I'm gonna have to drop this series. I've given the first arc a try, and it has some good ideas, but Pyra Magna is just not clicking with me. The tease of Quints was nice, and I thought maybe we were going to get some good stuff with the Junkions, but it's just turned into 'invading robot army wants to destroy the world again.' And I just lost all interest in the Junkions at that point. We could at least have made it the Junkions themselves. Just imagine if a crazed biker gang was sweeping across the planet! But no, it's just hordes of sharkticons. Have we even seen any Junkions outside Wreckgar and Mummyjunk? I forget her name.

But the worst offender is a result of Reevolution. If it was generic soldiers, fine. If it was treated like generic soldiers with GI Joe names, like in G2, fine. But every time I see the GI Joe logo plastered everywehere, it completely takes me out of the story. And it's being driven home that this is GI Joe. I read Transformer comics for Transformer stories. If I wanted to read Joe stories, I would read Joe comics. It's just breaking immersion too much for me to continue with this book. Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to an ongoing in Zama's style.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873901)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 11th, 2017 @ 11:36pm CDT
iTunes has once again provided us with a sneak peek, this time in the form of IDW Optimus Prime #6. Picking up where #5 left off, we have Arcee battling for the positron core, Rumble and Frenzy have survived, and the big battle appears to be headed to its ending. Oh and GI Joe are there too.

Check it out, and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873904)
Posted by Nexus Knight on April 12th, 2017 @ 12:12am CDT
OMG, Frenzy and Rumble are too much cute/badass/awesome/funny.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873907)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 12th, 2017 @ 1:05am CDT
The story seems fine, the art is still a little heavy and dense for my liking, but I'm warming to it.....

.....but for the love of Primus, can we PLEASE get rid of those damn captions on EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. EVERY. SINGLE. ISSUE?? While Zama's art is growing on me, the captions make her art and the pages look even busier than it already is. Six issues in, I'm pretty sure we're all up to speed on who they all are. :BOOM:
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873913)
Posted by steve2275 on April 12th, 2017 @ 2:54am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:OMG, Frenzy and Rumble are too much cute/badass/awesome/funny.

their current operation
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873917)
Posted by Coptur on April 12th, 2017 @ 3:32am CDT
Hey woo-hoo issue 4 introduces Olier back in comics and awaiting new character development :-D

Issue 6....dead :BANG_HEAD:

I used to be ok with character deaths but i'm just fed up with them now and prefer character development over death :-(
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1873929)
Posted by Kurona on April 12th, 2017 @ 7:57am CDT
Oh hey, looks like the Sharkticons are using the TR design. Neat.

God I can't wait for this issue to come out already; there's too many good things ahead!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1874940)
Posted by Va'al on April 17th, 2017 @ 7:53am CDT
While we had seen Andrew Griffith's designs for the latest incarnation of Galvatron in the IDW Transformers universe, we had not seen the idea of him as the Warrior King Barbarian Conqueror in the flashbacks from Robots in Disguise - and in upcoming issues of Optimus Prime. Thanks to artist Casey Coller, we now do! Check out below the concept design for his in both robot and alt-mode, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub.

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Optimus Prime #6 by Kei Zama and Josh Burcham (1874941)
Posted by Kurona on April 17th, 2017 @ 8:00am CDT
It's such a cool design - and thankfully not far off the Titans Return one. People have already made that awesome helm, if only they'd make that gun and axe =P~

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC Buzzworthy Bumblebee & Spike" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY