Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez

Transformers News: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez

Friday, December 1st, 2017 2:36PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 9,239

As always, this does not necessarily mean we will see the Gestalt in the issue, but we at least get to take a look at the very Combiner Wars-esque design (including the Groove chest piece), and some neat page layout and interaction with the logo, as Milne also points out. Take a look below!

Credit(s): Alex Milne
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924483)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 1st, 2017 @ 2:49pm CST
After having the combiner wars story forced on us, I will be very, very passed if Defensor doesn't show up and at least kick Atomizers ass.

Getaway belongs to Hotrod.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924492)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 1st, 2017 @ 3:17pm CST
Wow! That cover is amazing!

Va'al wrote:Courtesy of site admin and Twincaster ScottyP, we have been linked to Alex Milne's Twitter account and the image recently uploaded of another variant cover for IDW Publishing's Transformers: Lost Light #12 - the other two can be seen in this previous news story here - in both lineart and colours (by Josh Perez), and featuring the Protectobot combiner Defensor taking it out on Cybertronian punchbag Getaway!

[quote]IDW was kind enough to allow me to show off my cover for #LostLight issue 12. I too wanted in on the combiner action since I don't get to draw them much. I also had fun with the characters interacting with the logo Awesome colours by Josh Perez .

[/quote]
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924497)
Posted by Super Megatron on December 1st, 2017 @ 3:28pm CST
Be more interesting if it was Optimus instead of Getaway being the punching bag...
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924498)
Posted by Super Megatron on December 1st, 2017 @ 3:28pm CST
In any case, I wonder if they're going to do the smashed up top left hand corner logo thing like Marvel used to do.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924500)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 1st, 2017 @ 3:44pm CST
:-D :-D :-D

GUISE! LOOK! IT'S THE MOST UNDERRATED COMBINER!!!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924505)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on December 1st, 2017 @ 4:25pm CST
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924513)
Posted by MagicDeath on December 1st, 2017 @ 5:41pm CST
Is this series any good? I’m still working through MTMTE, but the opinions I hear about this series have a different tone.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924516)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on December 1st, 2017 @ 6:25pm CST
It's still good--the main issue is that it had to be rebooted to allow for a new #1 as IDW wanted to reboot all their books. This meant that they had to create a new jumping on point for new readers.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1924560)
Posted by Va'al on December 2nd, 2017 @ 1:12am CST
Daniel Adkins wrote:Guys, “don’t trust the covers” are for stuff like Megatron being the sole figure on a Sub cover, or a G1 designed being used. Defender has appeared on like 2 or 3 covers for #12 by now. He’s in the issue.

If he doesn't show up, please help me tell of the people commenting on our social media feeds. #-o
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925241)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 5th, 2017 @ 11:22am CST
That cover became my new phone Wallpaper. My favorite combiner doing what I most want him to do: smashing Assholes!!! I love it!!!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925433)
Posted by snavej on December 6th, 2017 @ 12:59pm CST
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I have huge problem with this comic and I feel I need to elaborate it. It’s regarding Froide and Sunder. I’m going to try and explain myself and my burning hatred for these two showing up.

1. Sunder

2. SUNDER!!!!! Seriously what the f&$@?!?! Why is he still on that ship! He has the power to use his mind and eyes to make you relive your worst memories, turn you inside out and into a beach ball or even kill you. The beach ball is legitimately worse probably. Why is he there and repaired. rung shot out his eyes- the key to his power- and had a shuttle thrown on him. After he turned a bunch of crew into inside out beach balls and terrorized the ship you’re telling me they repaired him. Nobody, not rodimus, not magnus or anyone didn’t just walk up him flat like a pancake after the rodpod smashed him and just stepped on his brain. He’s a serial killer that just terrorized and tortured the crew of the lost light without even touching them. I find it hard to believe.

3. Hes repaired. Even his eyes. When he’s reintroduced in this issue fully repaired...WITH HIS EYES! That thing that allowed him to torture and kill people and he’s casually walking from the brig to Rungs office with no security on panel. Are you kidding me? HE HAS HIS EYES! HES WALKING AROUND! Even with security we’ve seen that doesn’t matter because he’ll turn anyone he looks at into inside out beach balls!

4. He’s a drug addict. He’s addicted to memeories. He needs them like a crackhead needs crack and he’s once again just casually walking around chit chatting while Getaway is brokering a deal.

5. The deal. Let’s not kid ourselves, the moment Getaway said no deal he would have turned him into a beach ball, then Froide, then atomizer, then riptide and raped and pillaged the ship of memories until they were all dead....BECAUSE THEY LET HIM OUT WITH HIS EYES!

6. Froide. Froide is an interesting dude with his own problems but he was betrayed and turned into a beach ball too and here he is back to normal standing next to monster mash like nothing happened and even joining in on the graveyard smash. Seriously it’s like nothing happened a couple months ago. I don’t care how much of a nut ball you are you wouldn’t be standing next to him WITH HIS EYES INTACT and encouraging him to keep doing it.

Okay I’m done.

That's an excellent question. Another question: is there a reason Sunder doesn't just murder everyone? With his eyes intact, he can make people forget or believe virtually anything through eye contact alone. Why does he need to make deals at all?

To me, him being in this already convoluted story at all seems like a hand wave explanation for things that otherwise wouldn't make sense.

There would have to be a way for Getaway to control Sunder and prevent him from taking over / killing everyone. Maybe that'll be explained soon. Simple bargaining won't be enough in the long run.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925435)
Posted by Va'al on December 6th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CST
snavej wrote:
ricemazter wrote:

1. Sunder

Okay I’m done.

We talked about this on the 190 podcast too, and I still have no idea why he doesn't indeed go around tennisballing everyone. ScottyP did make a good point about his eyes though, and how they're not The Eyes, but just his regular optics.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925744)
Posted by Va'al on December 8th, 2017 @ 9:07am CST
We have a little more comics news for you all this day, courtesy of iTunes once more and Seibertron.com admin-slash-TwincasterPodcaster ScottyP - and despite it being a little early, we get a new look at the opening pages of the next issue of Transformers: Lost Light from IDW Publishing!

The concluding issue to the Mutineers Trilogy, number #12, brings us back to the oil reservoir and Riptide's punishment at the hands of Getaway and Atomizer - what will happen from here? Will we actually see the Protectobots and Defensor turn up again in the story? What is up with Atomizer? Is Sunder still chompign down on brain modules? Find out in a couple weeks' time, and join the discussion - with some added panache from episode 190 of the Twincast / Podcast, if you're so inclined - in the Energon Pub!

[quote]NO TURNING BACK! Getaway has crossed one too many lines and made one too many enemies. Hunted down on his own ship, the master manipulator has one last trick of his sleeve—something so shocking, so audacious, that it would put the most evil Decepticon to shame. No one is safe as the Mutineers Trilogy reaches its jaw-dropping climax.[/quote]

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925747)
Posted by ScottyP on December 8th, 2017 @ 9:12am CST
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925763)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 8th, 2017 @ 10:20am CST
Cover B looks amazing for this one.

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925768)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 8th, 2017 @ 10:42am CST
ScottyP wrote:We asked Sunday if we'd ever seen Riptide's boat mode. Well, there it is! Neat :)

I'm pretty sure that we saw it in one of the Brainstorm time chase issues.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925770)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 10:46am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we saw it in one of the Brainstorm time chase issues.

Yeah it’s popped up a couple times. Elegant chaos and when tailgate and Getaway used him as a fishing boat
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925811)
Posted by ScottyP on December 8th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we saw it in one of the Brainstorm time chase issues.

Ah, right. That latter one feels like it'll come up again now as well. Thanks to you both!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925835)
Posted by Deadput on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CST

I really don't understand why Roberts went with the whole Getaway is wrong and unredeemable instead of...well the far more interesting way of Getaway having an actual point because up till recently he did have one with Rodimus being a horrible Captain (And just a horrible'y written character who tends to forget about character development) and Megatron just being off the hook basically and becoming one of the captains of the ship. (I like Megatron's story on the Lost Light or at least most of it)

It be nice to have an Antagonist who wasn't just evil with little else going for them (Overlord, Tyrest, Star Saber, DjD, Froid, etc)

At least these last few issues have been better then that bore that was most of Lost Light prior to returning to well the Lost Light.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #12 by Milne / Perez (1925840)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:13pm CST
Deadput wrote:Atomizer suddenly remembers that he's an Autobot, and not one of the immoral ones who I don't understand why they were Autobots in the first place.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s remembered he’s an autobot. They’re all autobots. IDW autobots are so grey morally ambiguous anymore. He’s just remembered he has a conscience...but he still participated in killing 25 autobots. Safe to assume they were all made up autobots for right now since we’ve seen almost all the famous bots on board
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018