Sunday, January 14th, 2018 1:26pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,542

Today seems like a comics news day, as we have another variant cover for the same issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series Transformers Lost Light #14 - this time by Brendan Cahill and Lauren Bennett (presumably - can we start getting cover credits too, please?), also prominently featuring a Grimlock this time in full robot mode. Check it out below!

Transformers News: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13

And while we're here, we also have some line art by artist Alex Milne, who is covering some of the interior artwork of issue #13 of the series, as seen in the three-page preview newsed here - and a look at the never actually seen alt-mode for Megatron in his More Than Meets the Eye redesign. Both are mirrored below!

Credit(s): PreviewsWorld

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1931488)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 14th, 2018 @ 1:30pm CST
Wow, that cover is beautiful! I wish my comic shop had 10 people buying this comic, so I could get this covers. Alas, I am the only person ordering any Transformers titles.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932121)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 17th, 2018 @ 9:35pm CST
Thanks to Previews World, we are getting the first look at the alternate covers for Lost Light #15!

(W) James Roberts (A) Alex Milne (CA-Cvr B) Nick Roche (CA-RI) Brendan Cahill;
SECRETS AND LIES! As the Scavengers' journey reaches its ignoble end, the architect of their downfall puts the fate of half the Cybertronian race in their hands. Only one question remains: Are the worst Decepticons prepared to become the ONLY Decepticons?

On Cover B, Nick Roche gives us a spectacular shot of the long-absent (until recently) Scorponok, who looks all too happy to be greeting Misfire and Fulcrum.

And taking a look at the Retailer Incentive cover, done by Brendan Cahill, we see what seems to be one of the greatest mismatches of all time! Scorponok vs.....Nickel?!?

Coming sometime in the next several weeks (thanks, IDW!), do these covers whet your appetite for the Scavengers misadventures?
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932123)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 17th, 2018 @ 9:55pm CST
Right on with comic book news! Thanks to Seibertronian Sunstar pointing us towards artist Brendan Cahill's Twitter account, and a post that shows the lineart for the upcoming fourteenth issue of Lost Light! It's a shot of Grimlock in robot mode, looking very imposing while the world burns around him. Set to be released on February 7th (though with #13 coming next week, that date of the 7th may not hold), this issue promises the return of the Scavengers (and Grimlock, one would assume). Let us know what you think!

MACGUFFIN QUEST! The Scavengers have never had it so good. The war is a receding memory, their patchy service records have been forgotten, and the five of them can roam the galaxy as they please. All's well that ends well? Not quite. Because unbeknownst to Krok and Co., their next adventure... will be their last

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932146)
Posted by Deadput on January 18th, 2018 @ 12:27am CST
This cover reminds me why I really hate every single thing about Nickle.

Ugh
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932158)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 18th, 2018 @ 2:05am CST
Deadput wrote:This cover reminds me why I really hate every single thing about Nickle.

Ugh

*Nickel

;)
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932159)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 18th, 2018 @ 2:13am CST
Another hour tonight, another post about comic art! Thanks go to Seibertronian Sunstar for again pointing us towards the Twitter account of artist Brendan Cahill, and this time, after the reveal of the Retailer Incentive cover art for issue #14 of Lost Light, and then the line art, we now have the line art for his Retailer Incentive cover of issue #15, featuring a feisty Nickel confronting Scorponok! It's always fun to see a part of the process that goes into creating Transformers comic books, even if the covers don't always necessarily reflect the story inside, as is often the case with RI (Retailer Incentive) covers. Check the tweet out at this link or by clicking the picture below, and let us know what you think!

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932161)
Posted by steve2275 on January 18th, 2018 @ 2:26am CST
so cute
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932166)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 18th, 2018 @ 5:14am CST
That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932173)
Posted by snavej on January 18th, 2018 @ 6:30am CST
Grimlock smash! Then Grimlock sit down and have nice warm drink.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932174)
Posted by Va'al on January 18th, 2018 @ 6:42am CST
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932181)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 18th, 2018 @ 7:15am CST

As for the covers, the grimlock one is awesome and I do find the scorpoknok v Nickel cover hilarious, even if it would always be a one sided fight.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932194)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:23am CST
I’m not even to Revolution in my reading, but hasn’t Scorponok been absent for a while? Or at least was absent for a while?
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932232)
Posted by misfire19d on January 18th, 2018 @ 11:51am CST
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932288)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 18th, 2018 @ 4:24pm CST
It reminds me of the days of the original Marvel comic, or more precisely the UK transformers annuals. Still don't see why they are horrendous
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932298)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on January 18th, 2018 @ 5:01pm CST
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:

It would help if you actually described your problems with it.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932387)
Posted by Va'al on January 19th, 2018 @ 3:23am CST
Daniel Adkins wrote:
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:

It would help if you actually described your problems with it.

Indeed! I was just asking to see if I understand the misgivings, whether I accept them or not. ;)
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932418)
Posted by Deadput on January 19th, 2018 @ 8:10am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:@Deadput what's so bad about Nickel? Please don't just answer back saying "everything", I'm genuinely curious as to why you don't like her.

Late reply but the answer is...

Everything

There is nothing I like about Nickel, I hate her personality and find it annoying as hell, I hate how she bosses the DJD and god damn Deathsaurus (Commander Nickel god kill me or actually better yet kill her), I hate how she basically ruined the DJD by being one of the first things that took away any credibility the DJD had as a threat and made them pathetic with her role being their team "mom" (Later other aditions ruined them further), I hate how she's this "cute" character similar to how far they took Tailgate (And ruined him as well).

Why the hell did she take command over Deathsaurus when she did absolutely nothing to deserve it literally nothing she's a prime example of a really bad oc.

The only thing I don't hate is her design instead I just simply don't like it since it's a "chibi" design I don't think works well.

Sorry I don't like badly written shoehorned in Robert Oc's (I only like Rung out of the "main" oc's he's introduced in MTMTE/LL the others I either hate such as Anode (Who I almost hate as much as Nickel), think are stale and boring (Nautica and Ambulon the only other ones I don't hate but I still don't find them great, Tyrest who is a generic insane bad guy among a sea of generic insane bad guys who so happen to be the only kind of character Roberts can attempt to write), have been ruined by bad writing (The DJD, Rapidfire as an example of wasted potential) or have not had enough time to be shown for me to have an opinion such as the rest of Thunderclash's and Firestar's Oc crew.

Edit: I forgot about Riptide and Fulcrum...probably because of how forgettable and bland they are.

I just irrationally hate her, every time I see or remember her my blood boils, I hate her more then any bad human in a Micheal Bay Transformers movie and is in my top 3 most hated characters in the whole franchise.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932421)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 19th, 2018 @ 8:44am CST
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932426)
Posted by Deadput on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:03am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:I agree with people that Nickel suddenly being the commander of Deathsaurus's forces comes from out of nowhere. But, I give James Roberts enough credit to expect that an explanation is forthcoming, and it will probably be delightfully humorous and interesting. Or I'm wrong and Nickel's the biggest Mary Sue ever. :-P

Not with this series track record, it's gonna be a stupid explanation.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 by Cahill / Bennett, plus Milne Lineart for #13 (1932446)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:37am CST
Deadput wrote:

Late reply but the answer is...

Everything

Thank you for replying :-) and admitting it is irrational. See if don't find her annoying and maybe it's a sign that Roberts sense of humour isn't to everyone's tastes. I'm all for adding original character's especially more fembots and I know that people say there's still a lot of characters who were introduced in the toy lines that haven't seen any love but I think there's room for more.

Still I'm now curious as to who your other hated characters are.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Decepticon Starscream New" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2012 Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundwave Laserbeak LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumper Deluxe Class RID Autobot Figure" on EBAY