Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge

Transformers News: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge

Friday, May 19th, 2017 3:47AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,729

The follow up to both Punishment and Redemption, the short series of one-shot Transformers comics from John Barber and Livio Ramondelli - Salvation - was announced back in March for its June release, but we now also have both regular (by Ramondelli) and subscription (by Jeffrey Veregge) covers available via Previews World! Check them out below.

Exiled from civilization, the Dinobots are the last line of defense against the ultimate Cybertronian dinosaur-Trypticon! But how much are the Dinobots willing to sacrifice for a world that hates them?
• Dinobots versus the biggest dino of them all-Trypticon!
• John Barber and Livio Ramondelli finish their Dinobot trilogy that started in Transformers: Punishment and Transformers: Redemption!

Credit(s): PreviewsWorld

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885948)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 1:18pm CDT
Courtesy of iTunes as usual, we have a three page preview of the upcoming one-shot from IDW Publishing in the trilogy of works by John Barber and Livio Ramondelli - Transformers: Salvation. Expect the book to be released in a couple of weeks, and in the meantime, check out the preview below!

[quote]Exiled from civilization, the Dinobots are the last line of defense against the ultimate Cybertronian dinosaur—Trypticon! But how much are the Dinobots willing to sacrifice for a world that hates them?[/quote]

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885954)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2017 @ 1:35pm CDT
I guess Trypticon thawed out....
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885963)
Posted by MrBlack on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:11pm CDT
This looks like fun.

It will be good to see the Dinobots again, as well as more of Bludgeon's long term plans (I assume he's behind Trypticon's resurrection). Livio's art works well for something like this.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885967)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885969)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:sooooo books with amazing writing and coherent art like Till All are One get cancelled, but Ramondelli is still allowed to wipe his a%* with comic pages and call it "art"?

This is entirely unnecessary.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1885976)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
But not so much here. I've ran out of descriptive words so I'll repeat myself by saying it feels three-dimensional in comparison to his previous works and it doesn't get in the way of my reading it. He's not my favourite artist but he's come a very long way since Chaos.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886052)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:From this I feel Ramondelli's improved, actually. One of my bigger problems with his art - at least for a Transformers comic - is that everything felt rather flat. Characters and objects melded into the backgrounds and weren't distinguishable from each other; nothing popped or jumped out at you or made an effort to feel three-dimensional.

It's EXTREMELY flat. There's never much depth Livio's art and thank god he's actually playing with sunlight in the past year because for years it was just characters in darkness giving dull expressions. It's an excuse to not work with backgrounds. I imagine it's gotta do with him being a member of the fandom and for the past 6 years he's seen the harsh criticism and he worked on it. I'll say this, he is consistent and he does get better but the flaws are there. There not much depth and he has trouble with angles and story telling.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886053)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
He needs to work on his light sources too. Literally in the bottom panel of page one sunlight is coming from above everyone while apparently coming from the bottom of strafe.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886064)
Posted by ricemazter on June 1st, 2017 @ 8:12pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

This is entirely unnecessary.

Incredibly unnecessary. For the life of me I can't understand the Livio Ramondelli hate that constantly seeps out of this site. He's a talented artist that has room for improvement, sure, but there are many, many worse artists out there. "Cough" Pat Lee "Cough"

Furthermore, despite the flaws, he pulls double duty compared to a lot of other artists who work in teams, doing both the line art and colors. Plus he's improving. Between this and redemption, his line work is much more prominent. Combined more straight primary colors, everything is popping out much more, which is a definite step in the right direction.

Also, it's not as if this is supplanting any other book. This is a one shot. From my memory, all of his books so far have been one shots. Meanwhile, ongoing series have to consistently make their sales figures or they fold. So comparing anything Livio has done to the very unfortunate situation with TAAO is silly.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886083)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 9:16pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Va'al wrote:

This is entirely unnecessary.

I totally agree that it is very unnecessary, and I do feel the hatred for Ramondelli goes a little too far - yeah his art's not great, but he is a human being that as far as I know has done nothing wrong - but as much as I love any bashing of Pat Lee, I'm not really fond of justifying something by saying "well there are worse things". If art is bad and/or unfitting, it's bad and/or unfitting. Comics are a visual medium so it can't be stated enough how important it is for the art to be good.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886114)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:19pm CDT
I commend him for continuing to draw. I'm not not a fan of livio but I do respect his resolve and him trying to improve. Artillio Rojo was shat on so bad not because his art was awful but because he wasn't Alex Milne. I know some people were not fans and didn't think his art was good but his story telling was solid and it was just his style but plenty of people were just mad he was on mtmte. Plenty of people complained and said "why can't they put him on Robots in disguise and stay off more than meet the eye?" Just like what is going on with jack Lawrence on lost light. The dude has excellent story telling abilities, his page layouts are great and facial expressions are solid but people are just tearing him apart because he is not Alex
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886115)
Posted by ScottyP on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
That Trypticon page is glorious. I've always found these Dinobot stories to be a perfect match for Ramondelli's style. These and Syndromica are places where, to me, his work just shines.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886117)
Posted by Nexus Knight on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:25pm CDT
I can't comment much as I prefer LL's artwork, but the shot of Trypticon breeding fire (ice?) into the sky is pretty. :x
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1886421)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2017 @ 8:53pm CDT
I just came here to post in defense/praise of Ramondelli. It's taken me a long time to warm up to his art but this preview really shows how far he's come. I'm impressed! This will be a fun book, I hope it'll be part of a trade even if it's a one-shot.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888273)
Posted by Kurona on June 9th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CDT
So... here's an interesting little thing.

A lot of early ex-RiD had focus on Devastator. Trypticon has been foreshadowed in not just the Dinobot comics but also Primacy and Monstrosity. One could argue the Titan Graveyard in early MTMTE provided was a set-up opportunity for Fort Max to go full titan, especially since he decided to stay there.

We can obviously assume IDW was told about the plans for Metroplex - and stuff relating to the Titans only really started showing up just prior to Dark Cybertron - but it is it very possible that beyond that IDW is much more privy to Hasbro's plans for Titan-class figures than they let on? Because there seems to be a lot of long-term planning going on here and IDW have mentioned in reference to Sentinel Prime in Titans Return working ahead with Hasbro to some degree to make things work. But the extent to which this long-term planning goes seems to be larger than I previously thought with all these Titan-class figures that need advertising all coincidentally having convenient opportunities set up for them and it's really starting to make me wonder if I should look a little bit more into Scorponok's appearance in Monstrosity and Omega Supreme still being repaired (which by the way, come on, seriously? He's been there for ages, how long can he stay on life support?)
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888457)
Posted by Va'al on June 10th, 2017 @ 4:18am CDT
The second of three expected previews for Transformers comics from IDW Publishing for next week sees the third instalment of the Dinobots' stories told by John Barber and Livio Ramondelli: Salvation. Featuring new Dinobot Strafe, the regular team, Trypticon, and a Bludgeon cover tease... check it out below, courtesy of Newsarama!

[quote]Transformers: Salvation
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99
Bullet points:
- Dinobots versus the biggest dino of them all—Trypticon![/quote]

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888462)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 10th, 2017 @ 4:50am CDT
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888464)
Posted by Va'al on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:03am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:There's Dinobot Strafe and Swoop in IDW now? Is that Strafe different from Technobot Strafe I thought was already in IDW?

It all happened in Redemption! Strafe starts out as a Camien with jet mode, then... things happen. Now she's a two-headed dragonsaur creature.

Technobot Strafe is somewhere in Lost Light background character Limbo right now.
Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888465)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:05am CDT

Yep. Dinobot Strafe is from Caminus. She was in the previous book in this "series" and joined the Dinobots when Bludgeon mutated her into her beast form.

Re: Variant Cover for IDW Transformers: Salvation One-Shot by Jeffrey Veregge (1888466)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 10th, 2017 @ 5:07am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Bounti76 wrote:

Dino-Strafe's a she? Ok. You can tell I really don't follow IDW. Tried many times (last attempt was probably Sins of the Wreckers which I felt was kinda lousy and I only jumped on that cos it had Carnivac but turned out I didn't really care for his depiction in that at all anyways)

So what happens if Dino-Strafe and Techno-Strafe meet? Can you have TF's with same name? I remember that classic battle of Swoop (who used to be called Divebomb) Vs Predacon Divebomb in the Marvel UK comics. Good times.

Ending Soon On eBay

Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Transformers In Box Playskool 2008 - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 16 minutes
TRANSFORMERS Universe Red Alert Micro Master Protectobots ROBOTS IN DISGUISE Toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 16 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th 2014 Titan METROPLEX with Scamper NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 17 minutes 28 seconds
B'Boom GUERRILLA WARFARE Transformers BEAST WARS Heroic Maximal ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 18 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers G2 1993 Rotor Force PIRANHA complete figure hasbro (manta ray) EURO - Time Remaining: 12 days 23 hours 19 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers G2 1993 Rotor Force HOT FOOT complete figure hasbro (leadfoot) EURO - Time Remaining: 12 days 23 hours 21 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Dragonstorm The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition! In Hand! - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 31 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Class DECEPTICON NITRO! Sealed! VHTF! - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 32 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017