Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9

Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 3:59pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Sigma Magnus   Views: 11,631

Thanks to Comixology and Midtown Comics, we have the regular retail cover and variant cover B for issue #9 of Transformers: Lost Light! The former is by Jack Lawrence, and the latter by Nick Roche. Check 'em out below!

All sides converge on Troja Major as the race to unlock the secrets of a unique Cybertronian reaches its desperate, violent conclusion. As old secrets are revealed, Nautica must pay the ultimate price-by resorting to the ultimate currency.

Transformers News: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9

Transformers News: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9

Credit(s): Comixology & Midtown Comics

Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1909126)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 7th, 2017 @ 5:01pm CDT
Oh boy, I think this quells the fears of those who thought skids would make a triumphant return and his death become redundant
this is Not gonna go well...

Honestly the most I think will happen in terms of resurrection is perhaps a chance to say goodbye (or learn about the portal! I'm pretty sure he didnt tell anyone) in a similar vein to No Guns, No Swords, No Briefcases. Even then I doubt it, much as I'd love nautica to get some peace of mind on that front I think it's more effective if she's left to deal with it herself
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1909145)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 7th, 2017 @ 6:12pm CDT
I have a feeling she will end up with Velocity. I like both pairings so I am torn. I think I want Skids back more though. Maybe they will revive him so they can have a love triangle?
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1909147)
Posted by Prime Target on September 7th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CDT
I want Skids back and Nautica alive by the end of it is this too much to ask
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1909168)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 7th, 2017 @ 8:29pm CDT
I like the idea of having skids back a lot- he was a fun character with an interesting past (plus he made nautica happy... if I ship anything it'd be nautica/brainstorm I guess but I can't deny they were wonderful together, be that amica, conjunx, or something else) but ultimately I think... his story is told now. It's over, finished.
Besides the spark portal symbol stuff which wasn't really intrinsic to him (just that his amnesia made him guilt-free and so able to go through), there was nothing really left in his arc.
That's not in itself grounds to kill a character imo, but it does mean that getting them back isn't necessarily crucial.
It's kind of why, conversely, I'm still not keen on megatron departing from the story so early/suddenly (hopeful suspicions of an eventual return aside)- there was still so much more left for him to do.
That, and he was one of the best parts of this series, no qualifiers. I've always loved how Roberts writes megs, particularly his pre-war self which is what he was essentially returning to over the course of mtmte. Genuine, moving, and by nature political- the "questions to power" speech from Tony Benn uhhh... Chaos Theory really spring to mind as epitomising that.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910253)
Posted by Va'al on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:33pm CDT
Courtesy of Multiversity Comics once more, we have the full preview of this week's issue of IDW Publishing's Transformers: Lost Light #9 - featuring the end of the mini-arc on Troja Major, and more than one twist ahead. Check it out below along with its variant covers not seen so far, and come back to Seibertron.com for a review later this week!

All sides converge on Troja Major as the race to unlock the secrets of a unique Cybertronian reaches its desperate, violent conclusion. As old secrets are revealed, Nautica must pay the ultimate price—by resorting to the ultimate currency.

Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910259)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:45pm CDT
POW! Right in the kisser! I'm so ready to watch her kick some aft!
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910262)
Posted by ricemazter on September 11th, 2017 @ 4:48pm CDT
Ok, that's the first time Anode has ever made me smile. I love that Flame actually falls for something that dumb.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910292)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:39pm CDT
Anode continues to be amazing.
That cover has really thrown me off though, seriously gorgeous as it is it seems an odd choice? We've had unrelated covers before but I don't remember any that *were* directly related, just Tina *different* title. Honestly, my guess is that it was commissioned by IDW and completed before the confirmation that taao would end, and hence using it now so as not to let it go to waste. Can't say in complaining- as I said, it's seriously gorgeous!
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910301)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:22pm CDT
Ok, that Combaticons cover has to be a leftover from TAAO, right?
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910311)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:59pm CDT
Nik Hero wrote:Ok, that Combaticons cover has to be a leeftover from TAAO, right?
I wish it wasn't. As bad as Roberts is, even he could do more with them than Scott did.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910440)
Posted by Kurona on September 12th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
It is strange. Excellent as these characters and this arc were, they don't have anything to do with Lost Light; it's been a few months now and it's not even part of a crossover. I suppose maybe just a tribute to one of the best parts of IDW Transformers this year? :-?
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910578)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 13th, 2017 @ 1:46am CDT
Here's a crazy idea out of left field: way back in the G1 comics, the Combaticons were the Decepticons' answer to the Protectobots. So they're kind of each others' nemeses. I know Defensor will be showing up in Lost Light here soon, so is it really impossible to have the Combaticons "somehow" be involved in the story as well? I mean, I know they're far far away on Cybertron, but stranger things have been done in comics before.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910584)
Posted by Va'al on September 13th, 2017 @ 4:07am CDT
The artist pointed out on Twitter that the cover was initially a variant for TAAO.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910636)
Posted by ScottyP on September 13th, 2017 @ 9:31am CDT
9 was good and I enjoyed it a great deal. Some things resolved that I was afraid would get dragged out too long, so that was nice. Also holy crud that last page :O Curious if that'll have as much impact for newer readers that skipped the Furman IDW stuff as it did for folks like me that have been clinging to this train for ages.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910638)
Posted by Kurona on September 13th, 2017 @ 9:37am CDT
I lost my shit at the last page. Needless to say I am very, very excited for where this is going :D
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910645)
Posted by Insurgent on September 13th, 2017 @ 10:00am CDT
Haven't picked it up yet, so trying to avoid spoilers for 9.

But just wondering, I'm gonna make a custom Lug and Anode. Can someone who isn't colourblind tell me what colours those two are please?
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910646)
Posted by Kurona on September 13th, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Haven't picked it up yet, so trying to avoid spoilers for 9.

Anode's colour scheme mainly consists of green and grey; with accents of brown and a couple bits of yellow here and there. Her eyes are bright blue.

Lug's colour scheme mainly consists of dark grey and red; with blue highlights and eyes. Her face is white.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910651)
Posted by Insurgent on September 13th, 2017 @ 10:28am CDT
Thanks. I can switch the grey to silver, and then I only need to get the green paint.
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910655)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 13th, 2017 @ 10:33am CDT
What happened on the last page? :???:
Re: Variant Covers For IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9 (1910657)
Posted by Kurona on September 13th, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:What happened on the last page? :???:

Scorponok is revealed to be the one leading Flame etc., and the 'resus cradle' he stole from Mengel turns out to be The Magnificence.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY