Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found

Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found

Thursday, June 18th, 2020 1:32pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 34,653

Greetings Seibertronians! We have a little oddity to share with you all today as Star Scream of CollecticonToys, dropped us a line to inform us of a discovery they made while toy hunting.

Normally, Thundercracker and Skywarp are packaged with TC on the left hand side of the box and Skywarp to the right, as seen in this picture from our recent news report

Transformers News: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found

Well what Star Scream has found is a product where they're position is reversed. As seen in this new image below:

Transformers News: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found

Now, while this won't be a big deal to many, afterall the box will be destined for recycle bins across the world. Variant hunters may take a different approach. CollecticonToys itself has put this find up on their site to sell, for anyone wanting to own it.

What do you think? A different packing run? Or just one of those strange things life throws out now and again? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Star Scream from CollecticonToys

Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068428)
Posted by Skritz on June 18th, 2020 @ 1:33pm CDT
Could it be some minor factory error? Does it mean some boxes have two Thundercracker and two Skywarps? :-?
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068432)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 18th, 2020 @ 1:44pm CDT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068434)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 18th, 2020 @ 1:45pm CDT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068436)
Posted by Skritz on June 18th, 2020 @ 1:48pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:The box says "Skywarp and Thundercracker" so I always expected Skywarp to be on the left. :lol:

OH NO ITS RUMBLE AND FRENZY ALL OVER AGAIN!
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068439)
Posted by Tranzilla on June 18th, 2020 @ 1:55pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Is it just me, or does Thundercracker look like he has the screaming mouth on the packaging mixup. Can't see Skywarps in that photo to compare.

you would be correct. They heads are switched. Now I'm torn between which set I want. Really, I just want Skywarp. But do I want him yelling, or not. Hmmm...
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068441)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:02pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

OH NO ITS RUMBLE AND FRENZY ALL OVER AGAIN!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just saying... And it's Rumble and Frenzy. >:oP
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068444)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:12pm CDT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068446)
Posted by Skritz on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:32pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:So, after seeing a picture of all the Earthrise deluxes together, I couldn't help but think about the other minibots, and I had a thought: What if Cosmos was like Hoist's height? I know traditionally he's a minibot, but if I recall correctly there are different comics showing him as being a taller bot, almost voyager height. Personally, I think it'd be kind of neat if we got a taller version because we already have a really good Legends sized figure. Plus, they could maybe try to do something similar to Cybertron Metroplex and give him a "tall" mode where he'd be a bit skinnier, and a "proper" mode where he'd be bulkier and smaller. I have no idea if it'd be possible due to plastic restrictions and engineering, but I think it could be interesting to see

Warpath is the obvious choice for big Legends/small Deluxe, given his alt mode.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068447)
Posted by sol magnus on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:34pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

Warpath is the obvious choice for big Legends/small Deluxe, given his alt mode.

In the Episode where they traveled back in time to King Arthur's era, Warpath was taller than Hoist.

Minibots were minibots to facilitate the toys, but the show tried to use 'common sense' depictions of size in many cases.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068448)
Posted by Skritz on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:39pm CDT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068449)
Posted by sol magnus on June 18th, 2020 @ 2:43pm CDT
Skritz wrote:I'm just saying he's a goddamn tank, which is a tad small for the modern Legend size class associated with the Mini Bots characters.

And I agree. Don't be hostile. Peace, bro.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068451)
Posted by Skritz on June 18th, 2020 @ 3:06pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

And I agree. Don't be hostile. Peace, bro.

I might have been channeling my inner Warpath too much! Bam! I agree! Kapow! Boom!
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068452)
Posted by Rtron on June 18th, 2020 @ 3:09pm CDT
Skritz wrote:

OH NO ITS RUMBLE AND FRENZY ALL OVER AGAIN!

SKYWARP IS LEFT THUNDERCRACKER IS RIGHT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068456)
Posted by LinaNui on June 18th, 2020 @ 3:37pm CDT

About Warpath: If/when they make him, I would want him to be at least Impactor size if not even voyager. He would be a shorter voyager, but that way they could really make him a good sturdy figure.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068457)
Posted by aronjlove on June 18th, 2020 @ 3:41pm CDT
LinaNui wrote:I find it funny that they are switched around, I wonder if there could be a package with two of the same figure in it as well? Just out of curiosity, I followed the link to collectiotoys, and they are trying to sell the mix up for $300!? and even the normal for $164!? And looking at there other listings, SS scavenger for $89?!, they seem to be out of there minds when it comes to pricing.
And yet there are people that will happily pay those prices. Just take a look at eBay. I was looking up a Combiner Wars Optimus, white or red, and they are starting at $80 used. New figures are easily over $100. And with this being a production error that is inherently limited, there are those that will have to have it.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068458)
Posted by Solrac333 on June 18th, 2020 @ 3:50pm CDT
Maybe someone bought it, swapped, and returned.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068471)
Posted by DMSL on June 18th, 2020 @ 4:58pm CDT
Not really a variation, just a package error. Variations are deliberate, this is not.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068493)
Posted by Nickster563 on June 18th, 2020 @ 7:49pm CDT
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068501)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on June 18th, 2020 @ 8:57pm CDT
Nickster563 wrote:It seems they actually both have the screaming face. They must be really tired of Starscream's BS lol.

If it's swapped from what they're supposed to be, and they both have the screaming face... Seems to me more likely that someone bought two of the pack, swapped the heads between one of the Skywarps and one of the Thundercrackers to get a Skywarp with a neutral head, then put the Thundercracker and Skywarp both with screaming head back in the box (in the wrong order), sealed it back up, and returned it.
Re: Variant Earthrise Thundercracker and Skywarp Boxset Found (2068502)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 18th, 2020 @ 9:00pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

Those were my exact thoughts.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers ???? Botcon TFCC TFSS Barricade Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY