Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed

Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed

Monday, June 29th, 2009 12:51am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 19,127

Artist Casey Coller pays tribute to the legendary John Romita Sr. again, with another variant on the Spider-Man #50 cover that he has designed for All Hail Megatron #12, this one for the 2009 London Film and Comic-con.

The first variant cover that he did featured "Megatron No More!" and was an Apocalypse Comics Exclusive that took inspiration from a classic John Romita Sr. Spider-Man cover.

Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Cover Revealed

Casey has now revealed a second even more exclusive print set up in the very same manner, but featuring Galvatron as the full body instead of another Megatron picture.

Confused by what I mean?

Check it out below, and see what Casey has to say about the cover here.

Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Cover Revealed

Behold... Galvatron! And behold the exclusive print I'll have available at the 2009 London Film and Comic-Con. It is of course a variant of the Apocalypse Comics exclusive cover for All Hail Megatron #12 (and of course it is an homage to the classic cover to the Amazing Spider-Man #50 by legend John Romita).

This print is limited to only 50 copies. I'm also considering only offering it if you also buy Apocalypse's exclusive cover for AHM #12, as I don't want this to take away from Apocalypse's sales. I have a feeling these are going to go fast...

All Hail Megatron #12 was released to comic book retailers last week.

Credit(s): Casey Coller@deviantart

This article was last modified on Monday, June 29th, 2009 11:51am CDT

Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944497)
Posted by Monty Prime on June 29th, 2009 @ 1:03am CDT
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944511)
Posted by waaaaghlord on June 29th, 2009 @ 1:18am CDT
Only 50? Wow. I do have a mate going to the con so I might have to see what she can do for me on this one.
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944513)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on June 29th, 2009 @ 1:23am CDT
This is so cool yet so confusing! 8-}
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944517)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 29th, 2009 @ 1:28am CDT
Monty Prime wrote:John Romita Sr. drew that Spider-Man cover (It was issue #50). The only published pieces of Spider-Man art by Kirby were a Toys for Tots ad and the cover of Amazing Fantasy #15.

Oh c'mon, small mistake. It's 2AM here! Sorry, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fixed.
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944519)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 29th, 2009 @ 1:30am CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:This is so cool yet so confusing! 8-}

I think I edited out the confusion.

I'd like one too Waaaaghlord.
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944532)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on June 29th, 2009 @ 2:11am CDT
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944539)
Posted by Monty Prime on June 29th, 2009 @ 2:31am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

I'm a classic Spidey buff, and JR Sr. is my idol, so yeah. Plus, that's my all time favorite comic cover. Glad I could help though.
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944589)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 29th, 2009 @ 7:29am CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I get how this would work if Megaton got reformatted into Galvatron & no longer be Megatron, but as I understand it, Megatron & Galvatron are two seperate characters in the IDW Universe.

This is a cover to All Hail Megatron, the series that retconned the whole IDW universe, I don't think that a small retconning like rebuilding the backstory of Galvatron would be so big :P

Seriously, I like this cover better than the original.
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944604)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on June 29th, 2009 @ 8:14am CDT
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944616)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on June 29th, 2009 @ 8:39am CDT
:BOT: Classy, I like it! :CON:
Re: Very Limited Edition All Hail Megatron #12 Print Revealed (944696)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 29th, 2009 @ 11:50am CDT
WhiteRabbit wrote:Uh, guys, it clearly states the Galvatron piece is a print, not a cover. You're gonna have people searching for a comic that doesn't exist. ;)

It's misleading to say the least. A print can be considered a run of comics, as well as, a singular picture.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Angry Birds Transformers Telepods Galvatron Pig" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Shattered Glass   #4  * First Print *    Cover A     NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY