Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee

Transformers News: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 12:56PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Company News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 22,392

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings fellow Seibertronians! So, Bumblebee did kind of well at the box office, did you hear? So well in fact that although not even the power of the Matrix itself could put its sibling company Paramount in the black, it nonetheless was able to provide Viacom with a considerable earnings boost! According to the Hollywood Reporter Viacom CEO Bob Bakish points to the studio’s new management’s schedule of movies such as Bumblebee which, he notes, was a step in a new direction "It's a better movie, the characters are better, the story is better, it's done in a more fiscally responsible way, and we're making nice money on it,".

The information was presented last Tuesday at the J.P. Morgan Technology, Media, and Communications Conference in Boston. He also discussed Bumblebee along with other projects and mergers to be the beginning steps in revitalizing Paramount Pictures. Viacom posted adjusted earnings of $383 million, or 95 cents per share, compared with $371 million, or 92 cents per share, as was posted in the year prior. Wall Street had estimated Viacom would only average 81 cents per share.

He was also presented with the current issue of trade talks between the U.S. and China and if he foresaw that impacting Viacom and other Hollywood studios. “Clearly there’s a lot of noise about China, creating some uncertainty…I don’t anticipate any long-term problem here, but we will have to see how the negotiations play out,” he said.

Viacom posted adjusted operating income of $29 million, compared to last years figure of just $9 million. There is currently estimated to be a loss of $20 million amid a 3.5 percent revenue decline, but spillover from Bumblebee supplementing the offset of theatrical decreases versus home video revenue declines.

In conclusion he stated “This quarter we executed strongly on our strategic priorities and made significant progress in advancing our evolution. We grew viewership share at our flagship networks, accelerated our Advanced Marketing Solutions and continued our momentum at Paramount Pictures. As the media landscape continues to segment across price points, we’re confident in our strategy, strong results and the opportunities ahead as we continue to position Viacom for the future”

Transformers News: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022322)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on May 22nd, 2019 @ 3:23pm CDT
Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022323)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2019 @ 3:58pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:

Tell us ... who ties you to a chair and holds your eyes open and forces you to watch it?
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022327)
Posted by Randomhero on May 22nd, 2019 @ 4:09pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:

Tell us ... who ties you to a chair and holds your eyes open and forces you to watch it?



He’s a troll who hops here and tfw2005 and complains about everything and starts fights for no reason and then leaves. Just block him like most the communities have.
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022330)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2019 @ 4:28pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Burn wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Yay! Now they're going to see it like no Transformers movie can be successful without Bumblebee. They have been force feeding us Bumblebee for the past 12 years & now we can look forward to another 12 years of having Bumblebee rammed down our throats.

Oh joy! The Mary Sue/Gary Stu of the Transformers franchise. When standing next to Bumblebee, Decepticons become mindless idiots that just stand there & barely fight back. Really looking forward to more of that BS. Why have other Autobots at all when Bumblebee can easily destroy every Decepticon all by himself??? The war between Autobots & Decepticons raged on for millennia? I doubt it. Bumblebee could have ended the war on the first day. Even if something manages to destroy Bumblebee, he'll just magically pull himself back together with no explanation whatsoever as seen in The Last Knight. :roll:

Tell us ... who ties you to a chair and holds your eyes open and forces you to watch it?



He’s a troll who hops here and tfw2005 and complains about everything and starts fights for no reason and then leaves. Just block him like most the communities have.

I'm well aware of this, stop ruining my fun ...
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022332)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 22nd, 2019 @ 4:40pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:The new designs were just a happy bonus.


My thoughts exactly.

The movie could have been just as good without the Cybertron scene entirely. However, that scene served as one delicious appetizer before the very fulfilling meal.
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022334)
Posted by Munkky on May 22nd, 2019 @ 5:02pm CDT
I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022344)
Posted by Nexus Knight on May 22nd, 2019 @ 6:27pm CDT
Munkky wrote:I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?


Well, maybe since they've been listening to fans, still happy?
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022347)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 22nd, 2019 @ 6:58pm CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:
Munkky wrote:I wonder how positive he'll be when that live-action Sonic movie is out?


Well, maybe since they've been listening to fans, still happy?


I'm pretty sure they did that horrible design on purpose. That creepy Sonic was made ONLY for the trailer. So, they actually won't fix anything because there's nothing to fix to begin with. The real Sonic is already in the movie since the beginning.
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022353)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2019 @ 7:41pm CDT
Back to Bumblebee...
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2022357)
Posted by Stargrave on May 22nd, 2019 @ 8:33pm CDT
I’ll be honest I had some of that troll hate in my heart I shared some of those same criticisms maybe not as colorfully but I’ll be honest, the franchise left me to the point where I waited for BB to come out on DVD. And I regret it like crazy now. Bumblebee fixed everything for me it healed some disappointments I’d had and I’d gladly take a Bumblebee series of movies if it meant this level of quality from here on out.
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2023759)
Posted by Stargrave on June 7th, 2019 @ 12:59pm CDT
According to a new article from Comicbook.com some customers who received their Transformers Bumblebee 4K Ultra HD DVD's have been reporting audio sync issues where the sound is not matching the picture. Paramount has received enough complaints to issue a formal statement which follows:

"In response to Bumblebee UHD’s picture and audio sync issues being observed on some playback platforms, we have determined we can tighten their alignment to remedy the audio sync lag issue. Audio sync lag was observed primarily with the English ATMOS track, but we are addressing all the audio tracks on the disc regardless. The majority of consumers may never notice the sync issue, but unfortunately, the audio sync lag is exacerbated by viewing the film via the “ARC” (Audio Return Channel) port on TVs that output to a sound-bar or receiver. Compliance amongst TV manufacturer ARC implementation is not standardized, thus different set-ups will exhibit different and varying playback behavior, even if played back on the same set-up multiple times. A replacement disc is already ready that will align the picture and audio sync better, but do note, it still may not remedy all the ARC playback set-ups in the market – we suggest consulting your manufacturer’s documentation on how to align picture and audio sync if still experiencing lag."

The article further states that faulty DVD's are encouraged to include their shipping information and mail their defective UHD discs to the below address to receive the replacement disc free of charge.

Paramount Pictures
5555 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA
90038
Attn: Customer Service RE: Bumblebee
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2023814)
Posted by SpeedyEric on June 7th, 2019 @ 10:25pm CDT
Good thing I bought the movie on Blu-ray. I have no reason yet to buy a UHD player or a collection of UHDs to support it.
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2023819)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 7th, 2019 @ 11:32pm CDT
Dang, good to know. I might just get it for the day I get a UHD player :)
Re: Viacom CEO Comments on Positive Future of Company, Credits Success of Bumblebee (2037952)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 12th, 2019 @ 12:00pm CDT

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Angry Birds Transformers Telepods - Bumblebee Bird Blast Launcher Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron 6 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S41 BARRICADE Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 New" on EBAY
Buy "Barricade Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Mirage Impactor Barricade In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Lot of 8 Transformers Rescue Bots & Angry Birds Paperback Book Lot Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "[Toys Hero] MISB Transformers Legends LG-64 Lione and Seaspray TT Ver." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Angry Birds Telepods  Soundblaster" on EBAY